McBurnie Video

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hmm. Not good if it is him. The whole context of that video isn't clear but he should be walking away from these situations not involving himself in them
Why should he be walking away?. There’s been a big ohaa and a social media ban last week about on line abuse. Some say they should just stop using it:but lots said “why should they have to stop using it as that’s seen as walking away”. Don’t know if it’s him or not but whoever it is, good lad.

think theres been a huge misunderstanding here...

the beard... stamping on phones...

it all makes sense now..

ezgif-7-83100225abed.gif

Last edited:
Whilst not certain it's him, fairly conclusive and completely unacceptable really.

Obviously provoked, but there's generally an acceptance that you rise above petty shit like this if your a highly paid footballer and in the public eye.

Had high hopes when we signed him, but a disaster on and off the pitch.

Just seems a wrong'un and thick as mince to boot.

Why should he be walking away?. There’s been a big ohaa and a social media ban last week about on line abuse. Some say they should just stop using it:but lots said “why should they have to stop using it as that’s seen as walking away”. Don’t know if it’s him or not but whoever it is, good lad.

Maybe because he's a highly paid professional, who is supposed to portray a positive image of the club. In that situation he should be climing into his £200k Bentley (if he's got his license back yet) and driving back to his luxury house. I'm sure comments by a couple of kids won't keep him up at night.

Well if that is him he clearly does not have a fractured left foot!

Does the lad say "Oli McBurnie willy"?
I can't stand the drunken bean pole but if someone said something nonsensical like that he deserves a good kicking. Such a crap insult.

There's some very holy people in this thread. Part of me wonders if the reaction would be the same if it was Billy Sharp in the video, I expect not.

Nobody knows what precedes the video. My guess (purely a guess) is that the lads spotted him and decided to taunt him somehow, there's at least 3 of them and they probably expected him to do nothing.
All those saying he's a role model, blah, blah, blah, you don't know the context. Stop jumping to conclusions just because you don't like the man.

If he was black and had been called a racist word, would the incident be more justifiable? Im sure most would side with the player in that scenario, but where do we draw the line on what is and what's not acceptable? They might have been trying to assault his Mrs for all we know.

You don't just try and take on 3 blokes in the street without a reason.

Who gives a toss ,anyone who doesnt have a ruck at McBurnies age is a boring fucker anyway. The biggest problem here is mobile bastard phones.
I think McBurnie agrees with you, he was just trying to beat the phone up, but predictably the strike was weak and he missed the target.

There's some very holy people in this thread. Part of me wonders if the reaction would be the same if it was Billy Sharp in the video, I expect not.

Nobody knows what precedes the video. My guess (purely a guess) is that the lads spotted him and decided to taunt him somehow, there's at least 3 of them and they probably expected him to do nothing.
All those saying he's a role model, blah, blah, blah, you don't know the context. Stop jumping to conclusions just because you don't like the man.

If he was black and had been called a racist word, would the incident be more justifiable? Im sure most would side with the player in that scenario, but where do we draw the line on what is and what's not acceptable? They might have been trying to assault his Mrs for all we know.

Agree with every word of that.

IF it’s him, surely he must have been provoked. At which point, you have to accept that the degree of provocation MAY justify the response at least to some extent.

UTB

Maybe because he's a highly paid professional, who is supposed to portray a positive image of the club. In that situation he should be climing into his £200k Bentley (if he's got his license back yet) and driving back to his luxury house. I'm sure comments by a couple of kids won't keep him up at night.
That’s what some people say about on line abuse. Sure a few nasty comments won’t keep them up a night when they look at their bank accounts. Abuse hurts no matter who you are or what you earn. I bet there’s lots of people who get abuse on line would love to have someone say it to them on the street.

The first sensible post on this thread.

I'm on the fence. Agree with everything you've said, but just don't think it's a good look.

Agreed, apart from Billy Sharp has never found himself in that position despite being a good few years older than McBurnie.

No one knows the provocation, I'm sure the people doing the filming will be speaking to some form of press and the police about the incident as it got the required reaction. As sitwell says above, most people at that age get into scrapes so it's not worth castigating him for it. He's just daft and should maybe engage his brain a bit more.

It's weird how people were willing to back Evans because he'd scored 30 odd goals and been accused of far worse, McBurnie has hardly scored so he's automatically a twat and needs sacking.

The club doesn't need the hassle at the moment and he should be asked to explain and reprimanded, that's about it.

even if its not him get rid dont rate him at all as a footballer or a man

Vip blades on Facebook saying its a Wednesday fan he attacked but that doesn't look like Sheffield to me and he lives in Leeds doesn't he

Looks like one of the roads into Garforth to me. It has a certain familiarity about it and we only drove up there last week. Wish I could identify it on Google Earth

That’s what some people say about on line abuse. Sure a few nasty comments won’t keep them up a night when they look at their bank accounts. Abuse hurts no matter who you are or what you earn. I bet there’s lots of people who get abuse on line would love to have someone say it to them on the street.
So are you suggesting all online abusers should be dealt with by being beat up by those who they offend?

On or offline, not engaging directly and reporting it to the authorities is the best course of action.

Taking on three ‘blokes’? Whoever was saying ‘Oli McBurnie mate’ sounded like his voice hadn’t broken and the kid who picked his phone up looked about 14. But all that aside, you’re missing the point, Billy Sharp would never react like that, McBurnie would, because he’s a fucking moron who thinks he’s one of Swansea top boys.

Anyway, we’ll all know soon enough because once the little chavs get home and everyone sees the footage, it won’t take long for someone to realise that what they’re looking at is a four figure out of court settlement 🤔

I've got a mate who's the absolute spitting image of Nigel Adkins

I could easily make a flakey video to discredit him if I wanted to.

McBurnies "look" is similar to half the chavs in the country and it would be easy for a group of chavs to make this.
Did he manage us for a season🤔

Taking on three ‘blokes’? Whoever was saying ‘Oli McBurnie mate’ sounded like his voice hadn’t broken and the kid who picked his phone up looked about 14. But all that aside, you’re missing the point, Billy Sharp would never react like that, McBurnie would, because he’s a fucking moron who thinks he’s one of Swansea top boys.

Anyway, we’ll all know soon enough because once the little chavs get home and everyone sees the footage, it won’t take long for someone to realise that what they’re looking at is a four figure out of court settlement 🤔

"Why are you upset Billy?"

"Well we were having a quiet drink and these lads started calling me names from across the bar. I ignored them and then they came over and started touch my wife inappropriately."

"Did you not twat them?"

"No because I'm a role model for Sheffield United. That is worth more than letting my wife get assaulted"

Nobody knows what's happened yet. Throw the guy some slack FFS

Back
Top Bottom