McBurnie and Jebbo future

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The new contracts offered were obviously not enough money...

Said it a few weeks ago, both injury prone, one is bang average and often injured, the other one looks miserable and permanently injured...

We know the club struggle to re-sign players now, these are just the next two who want more money..

Anybody taking a gamble on jebbeson is really taking a risk..

I’d have liked McBurnie to stay but he can’t stay fit. You’re paying a player big wages to constantly be injured.

I also get that sometimes as a player you want a fresh start, he’s been here a while and probably achieved everything he can with us.

Jebbison, I’m not sure. Sometimes looks great other times looks useless. For instance against Preston last year he came on and ran them ragged, then he starts vs Huddersfield & was terrible.

If the news was both had signed there would be lots of posts moaning about us signing players that are never fit.
McBurnie has missed about 50% of this season. Jebbison has missed 100%. Add that to Egan, Bash, Brewster, RND, Baldock, Lowe, Adam Davies and Tom Davies and we’ve paid millions out.
Perhaps the club is being sensible in offering deals relating to appearances?

That’s settled then. If true we go big on forward loans next season. Who’s not getting games in the PL or about to break through?
Good forwards are expensive to buy in the Championship so loan them either with a view to buy or replace if you get promoted.
However good you think he is or will be, it’s at least a year too soon for Osula to be leading the line.

All that said, this story is rather timely given we’ll be talking to them, we’re getting relegated and they’ve been unable to stay fit this season. Anyone else think it’s a good story to put out if you’re wanting a better offer but being pushed back given your injury record?

Last edited:
I don't think Mcburnie would be a miss. He's been poor for the vast majority of his time here, and even in his time where he's looked OK, he's still injured half the time.

It would be odd though if he's made it clear he's not interested in signing a contract, as Wilder is still playing him (see Wes Foderingham).

It could be Wilder has made the decision based on McBurnie's fitness, he eluded to players fitness being key in these renewals. I think one thing is for sure we can't keep players who can only do half a season.

We need a fresh up up front anyway we will have only osula come summer by looks of it so get them scouts working

Looks like PA’s genius plan to leave em hanging on a new contract so that they play better is working out well?

Seems like some of em can’t wait to get out of the club

A fit McB is a massive loss, especially in the championship. But we can’t go on relying on players who are crocks (McB unfortunately is one of them).

Agree, I think if he's not playing because the wants out or feigning injury for the same reason,(only a suggestion for the sensitive on here) who's going to sign him with that attitude.still think there's something deeper going on with this lad, hope I'm wrong

He’s had an illness.

Can't see the issue. Anyone who doesn't want to stick around for next season....thanks but shut the door quietly as you close the door behind you.

Happy for either to stay. Happy for either to fuck off. No big deal either way.

As for Jebbo, you can hardly miss something that you haven't had. The lad should be careful though with his next move, as I'm not sure another set of fans would be so tolerant of him potentially missing so many games.

More importantly, United should be having talks now with players agents for incoming players for next season.

Can't see the issue. Anyone who doesn't want to stick around for next season....thanks but shut the door quietly as you close the door behind you.

Happy for either to stay. Happy for either to fuck off. No big deal either way.

As for Jebbo, you can hardly miss something that you haven't had. The lad should be careful though with his next move, as I'm not sure another set of fans would be so tolerant of him potentially missing so many games.
We won't have much of a budget and as it stands no recruitment team or players but other than that....

No issues

We won't have much of a budget and as it stands no recruitment team or players but other than that....

No issues

I suspect though that we will have a recruitment team in place sooner rather than later. And i also think we will have enough of a budget to bring in more than enough players for us to be competitive next season. I think there will be a large churn of players this season and a couple of outgoings will mean we have a decent budget to do what we need to do.

I don't see the reason for all the doom and gloom. I see this as an opportunity to get rid of a load of dead wood and a new start. We have been paying daft wages for a lot of players who have not delivered anything like value for money. With a clean slate, parachute payments, and these on big wages no longer on the pay roll we should be able to offer decent wages for plenty of players who want to come. We already have a core of very good players for next season as it's a completely different level of football compared to this.

Some fans are pessimistic and I get that after this season, whereas I'm actually quite excited about what we will see next season. This season was always going to be total load of bollocks as we didn't have enough to compete and were paying thr creditors off. Next season is an opportunity for us to re-set. Money will be made available.

If they’re for transfers, what covers t’owd revenue drop?! 😯

Don’t tell me munneh tree grows in Championship but not Prem!?

There will be more than enough money as I see us going for OOC players and players in the final year of their contracts with their current clubs so cheaper deals to be done etc. I don't see us paying a lot out in transfer fees but then I don't think we will need to. There will be plenty of decent players who are falling over themselves to come to the Lane in the summer as despite this desperate season, we remain (and always will be) a very attractive club to many many footballers. We just need to ensure we get it right in the summer. With a change of the recruitment team I am quietly optimistic. We'll see.

Last edited:
Whether you like Mcburnie or not he's gonna get you close to 15 goals next season. How many in the championship are about who can do that and at what cost?

With the other strikers leaving I think it would make sense to offer him a new deal, despite his obvious limitations.
How many matches will he play though? And if he does can he complete 90 mins? We need players what are fit enough to play regular football.

Whether you like Mcburnie or not he's gonna get you close to 15 goals next season. How many in the championship are about who can do that and at what cost?

With the other strikers leaving I think it would make sense to offer him a new deal, despite his obvious limitations.
He hasn't got close to 15 goals since his Swansea days. For me, trying to sign BBD would be my plan. He can hold the ball up, run behind defenders and score the occasional goal thingy

If they’re for transfers, what covers t’owd revenue drop?! 😯

Don’t tell me munneh tree grows in Championship but not Prem!?
We will sell at least one player as well.

Plus we won’t be paying as much in the division below.

The snake said that we needed to sell one player to balance the books from memory? If so, noy sure where any transfer money will come from unless, some idiotic club pay absolutely silly money for say, Souza or/and we sell maybe two-three players to raise capital?

I know that but the revenue shortfall will be what £50-60m? Is there a player anyone will want worth £10m? Souza maybe? There’s no one left to sell apart from Arblaster in January if he starts well. Once the hole is covered, we’ll need more cash for signings.

It’s huge sums without a serious cash injection from ownership, which I can’t see happening.

The snake said that we needed to sell one player to balance the books from memory? If so, noy sure where any transfer money will come from unless, some idiotic club pay absolutely silly money for say, Souza or/and we sell maybe two-three players to raise capital?

Anel and/or Souza will be sold (as well as Archer officially going back to Villa although it was only ever a loan in reality). After this season I would be happy for either of the afore mentioned to be moved on anyway. Unlike the last time when we had over extended ourselves financially and were desperate to sell, we aren't in that position this time in the summer. We will be in a very strong position financially to restructure the playing squad. The key is getting the recruitment right as we have this summer as a big chance and can't get it wrong.

I know that but the revenue shortfall will be what £50-60m? Once the hole is covered we’ll need more cash for signings.

It’s huge sums without a serious cash injection from ownership, which I can’t see happening.

Bettis has already mentioned that it is Archer and one other needed to plug the gap of the 'shortfall'. Either way he mentioned that we wouldn't be up the creek like last time. Don't see it being an issue this time.

Back
Top Bottom