McAtee pants down

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair he was bad that night. Biy did he adapt and if continues to get better, should win us a few points this season. Hope it will be enough
Yeah, I completely overreacted. He was fantastic in the second half of the season and integral to our promotion. Has a great eye for a goal which could be crucial for us. Can’t wait to see him in a Blades shirt again.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Or, jumping on player's backs encourages them to play better. I remember when Ramsdale was shit, I insulted him every week. Then he became less shit and got signes by Arsenal. I take full credit for turning him into a decent goalie by pointing out flaws in his game and how he should improve.
He's still shit

Bump.

He just continues to go from strength to strength. I think we have a real star on our hands here (on loan).

Attitude, work ethic, athleticism, professionalism, quality. It's a pleasure to watch him play.

He's also in that perfect sweet spot of gradually increasing his influence in games, but without any of the pressure or expectation.

Bump.

He just continues to go from strength to strength. I think we have a real star on our hands here (on loan).

Attitude, work ethic, athleticism, professionalism, quality. It's a pleasure to watch him play.

He's also in that perfect sweet spot of gradually increasing his influence in games, but without any of the pressure or expectation.
Like a young Grealish, man of the match for me yesterday

Its a repeat of last season, came in and looked out of his depth, got his head down and built up confidence and his understanding of the game

One thing I noticed hes doing more is picking it up in the pocket and driving at the defence, or a neat flick round the corner.

EPL players are more cohesive than EFL, meaning the hold their lines better, but therefore giving space in-between

For a small lad, he can glide and hold the ball exceptionally well

Sadly dont think we will see him next season, as I suspect he'll go to a top half EPL team where he will be fed the ball more, but for now Im enjoying watch a lad at the top of his game run rings round experienced EPL defenders, go on Macca lad!

Think a few PL teams will have sat up a bit more with what he was doing yesterday,maybe even West Ham themselves.

Like a young Grealish, man of the match for me yesterday

I said the same to my young un yesterday re Grealish.....pity he won't be here next season which is why i would love to see us go all out for O'Hare from Cov, very similar player...

He looks so comfortable now and is at the heart of everything good that we do.

If as expected we are relegated, I hope he still sees this season as a positive step in his journey and gets some decent numbers in the goals and assist columns.

Bump.

To have had the pleasure of watching MGW, Ndiaye and McAtee in a Blades shirt over the last few years is something that can’t be taken for granted. All top quality footballers with a work ethic to match their ability.

To have had the pleasure of watching MGW, Ndiaye and McAtee in a Blades shirt over the last few years is something that can’t be taken for granted. All top quality footballers with a work ethic to match their ability.
It also shows the high regard that the club is held in within the game that we are trusted to develop elite young players.

Sounds like someone knows how to scout !!

Bert wrote this in August 2022.....

Once McAtee got going he was very good.
The teenager making his home debut in a new team impressed Bert.

Move over Fleck, your time is up

Reactions: Gee
I was thinking yesterday about how good he would look with better players around him and in a more attacking side. There was one instance yesterday, where he burst forward with the ball but there was no support except for Osula, who didn’t know where to run. If he was at somewhere like Man City or Liverpool there would have been 4 or 5 players supporting him

I was thinking yesterday about how good he would look with better players around him and in a more attacking side. There was one instance yesterday, where he burst forward with the ball but there was no support except for Osula, who didn’t know where to run. If he was at somewhere like Man City or Liverpool there would have been 4 or 5 players supporting him
I'm not sure that's what he needs. I be think the toughening up might be more useful at the moment. Although once he's done that he should defo go somewhere they play better football.

Meshes in with the Brewster panning. Late on in the game he was heading down the touch line with the ball heading to the bye line. Brewster was close by. He needed Brewster to either hold back and support or to slip inside for the pass or to take a man away and to maintain the move. But no Brewster suddenly shot inside towards Archer and McBurnie completely cluttering up the 6 yard box and leaving Macatee surrounded with no options. Put Macatee with a better player (even Basham in that position) and you’re right, he’d be worth a fortune.

You're absolutely right, and that's what so admirable. All with bags of quality to take them to the top leagues, but with every ounce of the right attitude. The complete antithesis to what many expect modern footballers to be

Back
Top Bottom