McAtee pants down

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not sure that's what he needs. I be think the toughening up might be more useful at the moment. Although once he's done that he should defo go somewhere they play better football.
I think he’s done the toughening up part, most of it in The Championship last year. He is now at a stage where for him to look better, he needs to be surrounded by better players

I was thinking yesterday about how good he would look with better players around him and in a more attacking side. There was one instance yesterday, where he burst forward with the ball but there was no support except for Osula, who didn’t know where to run. If he was at somewhere like Man City or Liverpool there would have been 4 or 5 players supporting him
This is such an important point. He will go from strength to strength.

I can see one of two options:

1. Going somewhere like Villa or West Ham, where they build not around him, but see him as an integral piece.

2. City blood him into the Bernardo Silva role longer-term.

This is such an important point. He will go from strength to strength.

I can see one of two options:

1. Going somewhere like Villa or West Ham, where they build not around him, but see him as an integral piece.

2. City blood him into the Bernardo Silva role longer-term.
Villa, Spurs, Newcastle should be the level of his next move. To think that Spurs paid about £50m for Johnson who, in my opinion, is not as game intelligent as McAtee. I just don’t think that he is at City’s level yet. Interesting to see and GLTTL

I think he’s done the toughening up part, most of it in The Championship last year. He is now at a stage where for him to look better, he needs to be surrounded by better players
Get him up against better players and he’s grown as a player this season. Yesterday I thought him and Diaz caused them problems that they couldn’t deal with

Magnificent today, full of battling spirit and quality with next to no support with the odds against him. A joy to watch, will be in the PL next season and wouldn't rule him out being around the Man City first team set-up.
Given the circumstances and context of everything else that was going on etc, I think Mcatee's performance today was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a United player.

Given the circumstances and context of everything else that was going on etc, I think Mcatee's performance today was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a United player.
That’s a stretch, a big one.

He was good today though.

He is a very good player but don't see much point playing him tbh especially when we still get embarrassed on days like today. Obviously down now I'd like to see Brooks and some other youth players getting the minutes for our own good and not citys.

He is a very good player but don't see much point playing him tbh especially when we still get embarrassed on days like today. Obviously down now I'd like to see Brooks and some other youth players getting the minutes for our own good and not citys.
I’m not sure developing a losing habit in a bunch of youngsters is a great idea. I’d be giving them minutes late in games, telling them there’s no pressure, just go out & play.

And ruin our chances of ever getting players on loan from Man City again? Yeah, brilliant idea 🙄

Back
Top Bottom