McAtee pants down

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sure there are dozens of posts by me that can be dredged up when Brewster and McBurnie have got 25 a piece next season. I can't wait.
There’s a difference. McAtee was rated by City and therefore likely to be talented if handled well.
Brewster and McB were rated by us it would seem.

Shite at the time - maybe.
Dumb to be writing him off after a game or two - definitely.

At least I volunteered an opinion. You’re just that annoying kid who pipes up with ‘I told you so’
and offers fuck all outside of that.

Told you so Lightsoot 😉

But I'm in full agreement with you regarding volunteering an opinion.
Many a time I've witnessed people getting hammered for going against the status quo. A lot of our fans on here would rather it be an echo chamber that simply validates their own opinions on everything.

Told you so Lightsoot 😉

Many a time I've witnessed people getting hammered for going against the status quo. A lot of our fans on here would rather it be an echo chamber that simply validates their own opinions on everything.
Completely agree.

Told you so Lightsoot 😉

Fair play, you were bank on CaptainMorgans. I’m intrigued to know how many posters remained steadfast when McAtee was struggling and knew he’d come good?

I’m not trying to claw back any credit, but it did take the lad a good 2 / 3 months to settle. He’s been sensational this year though and it’s been a delight to see him grow and show how good he is.

And yet for all his contributions, he’s not a guaranteed starter. Hecky benched him for Burnley and Cardiff which was an oversight.

Nice contrast today - Doyle and McAtee loan players who have worked their bollocks off and have got the club. Fans love them and they have shown the same back. Superb work ethic to go with their obvious talent.
Woodburn comes on for PNE to remind us what the exact opposite looks like.

Told you so Lightsoot 😉

Couldn’t disagree more, Captain

Fair play, you were bank on CaptainMorgans. I’m intrigued to know how many posters remained steadfast when McAtee was struggling and knew he’d come good?

I’m not trying to claw back any credit, but it did take the lad a good 2 / 3 months to settle. He’s been sensational this year though and it’s been a delight to see him grow and show how good he is.

And yet for all his contributions, he’s not a guaranteed starter. Hecky benched him for Burnley and Cardiff which was an oversight.

I think the difference is that you went public very early and basically rubbished the lad.

Me and the lads I go with, all thought he didn't look good enough for men's football at that point. The difference is we didn't put it in writing, especially when it encourages the bed wetting elements of our 'support'.

We have enough part time wankers getting on players backs', without older wiser heads encouraging them.

I think the difference is that you went public very early and basically rubbished the lad.

Me and the lads I go with, all thought he didn't look good enough for men's football at that point. The difference is we didn't put it in writing, especially when it encourages the bed wetting elements of our 'support'.

We have enough part time wankers getting on players backs', without older wiser heads encouraging them.
Aye, points taken, again. Good job I posted mind as if we waited for the ‘voice of reason’ brigade we’d have no debate and fuck all to talk about. On a football forum. Thanks for the belated dressing down, Captain Hindsight.

Aye, points taken, again. Good job I posted mind as if we waited for the ‘voice of reason’ brigade we’d have no debate and fuck all to talk about. On a football forum. Thanks for the belated dressing down, Captain Hindsight.

Yes, where would be without a 'debate' slagging off our own players.

It wasn't hindsight, it was just that the lad hadn't had long enough to be properly judged.

It's a free board and you are entitled to your opionion. Yours from last August has been proved to be completely wrong, so I'm not quite sure why you are having a pop at me, rather than questioning yourself, but If it makes you feel better then fine.

You learn over time not be too far one way or the other over any player (Dean Hammond excepted).

I remember Jags first few games for us in midfield, I thought this kids never gonna make it. Look how right that was !!

It's like at present with Jebbo and Osula. They both could go either way, flop or 30m striker, we all have our views and being Blades most are leaning one way but I'm prepared to wait and see.

Yes, where would be without a 'debate' slagging off our own players.

It wasn't hindsight, it was just that the lad hadn't had long enough to be properly judged.

It's a free board and you are entitled to your opionion. Yours from last August has been proved to be completely wrong, so I'm not quite sure why you are having a pop at me, rather than questioning yourself, but If it makes you feel better then fine.
You’re having a pop at him. He’s having a pop at you.
I’m sure there’s nothing wrong in that.

I’d ignore the folks that sit on a high horse.

Don’t worry. I work in Manchester and a City fan asked me in October how they were both getting on. I said McAtee, you can tell is a player, but he got hooked recently and needs to adjust his game dramatically or else he’ll be back in January. Reminded me of that kid from Liverpool. Difference is, it took McAtee a month or two and then he was absolutely fantastic from there on. 100% he plays for City in the future.

If ever there was a thread to highlight that you should always trust the scouts and coaches.

Written off after 45 mins 🤣

Back
Top Bottom