Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

See post under “rumour”

That would be this one running to 11 pages as I post, then ;)

Cash for Cash or player for Cash?

This window is going to be very testing for Wilder. We are low on numbers and need more quality from the off. We can’t afford a slow start in this league.

Our only saving grace is that Fulham might beat Brentford and then there will be three teams well behind us in preparation. I actually suspect Brentford will just press the button within days if they go up and bring in half a dozen. Their scouting seems so well planned and organised and they seem to have the ability to make the deals too.

Until we land players to replace those that have gone and find at least one improvement up front I’m a bit concerned.
That will be around 7 players!

Max Aarons to Bayern Munich (£20m) & Ben Godfrey to AC Milan (£50m)..

With the likely sale of Buendia (£25m) & Cantwell (£15m) Norwich will have done pretty well financially out of their embarrassing little jaunt up to the Premier League.

You'd think with all of that talent they might have actually made an impact?
I agree with the point...but there's no way Godfrey is going for 50m

Cash for Cash or player for Cash?

Will Wilder maybe have a new position in mind for him – Cash up front perhaps?

Alternatively, is this a buy to loan arrangement where we send Cash back to Forest for a bit?

One thing’s for sure, if he signs he’s going to want to be playing rather than reading “Cash: reserves” – he won’t want to proverbially be Cash in the attic.

I agree with the point...but there's no way Godfrey is going for 50m

To be fair it's balanced out somewhat by the low valuation for Cantwell. Let's not forget there's an English tax on him, so I think it's likelier he'd go for between 20 and 25 million based on the hope he's the next James Maddison.

Will Wilder maybe have a new position in mind for him – Cash up front perhaps?

Alternatively, is this a buy to loan arrangement where we send Cash back to Forest for a bit?

One thing’s for sure, if he signs he’s going to want to be playing rather than reading “Cash: reserves” – he won’t want to proverbially be Cash in the attic.
This is Sheffield United. Buying a 23 (?) year old for 10-15m to loan back out is not an option or consideration.

Baldock and Enda have been amazing but can’t help but feel they may have hit their ceiling. I reckon we could take a step up if we improved at wingback to players with a better attacking outlay. Defo seems good to be linked with players as good if not better than current options so we take a step from signing cover to signing competition

For anyone who indulges in the Fantasy Premier League, they'd know that outside of the Liverpool duo and perhaps Perriera of Leicester before he got injured, Baldock and Stevens are two of the most prolific fullbacks out there in terms of both defensive work and forward play with the wolves right back in and around.

Baldock and Enda have been amazing but can’t help but feel they may have hit their ceiling.

Like Bash hit his ceiling in League One, then the Championship and now the Premier League? Don't underestimate the coaching staff's ability to improve our players over time. This is their first season in the top flight and they are only just finding their feet and getting to know how the opposition teams operate, they will get better.

We have one of the best defenses in the Premier League, I'm not sure we should be writing two key players off. Cash I suspect is not coming in to replace Baldock, but to give us a tweak in our playing style. Baldock plays when we need to be more defensive, Cash plays when we need to be more creative...

Couldn’t agree more AH , and that’s going right the way back to the 70s , our chairmen couldn’t play poker to save their lives , we always folded early
I know he's gone now so it's irrelevant and I hope we sell players now for a bit more than an opening bid. Buying players off us was the proverbial candy from a baby. We may have rejected a few bids but I can't really remember any.

I'm still bitter about the James Beattie sale truth be told.

It really isn’t at all in context. We need to start thinking like a Premier League club, not “little old Sheffield United”.

I take the point, but thinking big won't magic up funds that aren't there.

We'll have the money to buy Cash, obviously, but it would probably harm our chances of signing some of our other targets, in more crucial positions.

Sorry that may have been lost in translation slightly, not meaning to write them off.
I just mean that could it be a situation like back in the championship. We seemed very comfortable with Lee Evans but when we signed Norwood it improved us more than we would’ve thought. It’s not always going to be about signing a 20 million pound striker, if we want to progress there’s lots of things we can do.
Love the idea of having baldock to sure us up defensively and then some games playing with a more attacking wing back. A bit like playing with Duffy as a 10 or bash pushed into the midfield defending on the opponent

Cash has responded to Jack Robinson's Insta about us being a special club this afternoon with clapping emojis.

Deliberately ignore that they were team mates and choose to believe this means he's signing 🙂

That's how it works isn't it?

Cash has responded to Jack Robinson's Insta about us being a special club this afternoon with clapping emojis.

Deliberately ignore that they were team mates and choose to believe this means he's signing 🙂

That's how it works isn't it?

Clubs voted about a year ago to actually make it a requirement to provide a suggestive emoji ahead of any transfer. In the last year you’ve seen 🤑 from Phil Jagielka and 😮 from Jack Robinson. Plenty of people thought Duffy tweeting 💩 at the club was related to the breakdown in relations with the club, but really he was following these obligations with his reaction related to the imminent move to Stoke.

By the looks of it, we're the only team to have submitted a bid so far. We need to be quick here & get another bid in, maybe 12 or 13 million & see how that goes. Wouldn't like to see LF go in the other direction. Think he could give us an option next season if we go back to playing with a number 10.

Kyle walker-peters sold for 12mill. Is Matty Cash is as good or better? One a proven premier league player, the other a proven championship player. Good luck to Forest getting 15mill. Keep on em CW.

Kyle walker-peters sold for 12mill. Is Matty Cash is as good or better? One a proven premier league player, the other a proven championship player. Good luck to Forest getting 15mill. Keep on em CW.

Is Walker-Peters a proven Premier League player? He's a Premier League player but far from proven for me. Only 22 appearances, personally from what I've seen he looks like an average player, I wouldn't write off someone from the Championship stepping up to be as good or better.

For anyone who indulges in the Fantasy Premier League, they'd know that outside of the Liverpool duo and perhaps Perriera of Leicester before he got injured, Baldock and Stevens are two of the most prolific fullbacks out there in terms of both defensive work and forward play with the wolves right back in and around.
I think Baldock's a better defender than Doherty (Wolves' right wing back), but Doherty is much more dangerous going forward from what I've seen - always pops up in the penalty area, gets enough chances that he should be scoring more than the 4 league goals he's scored in each of the last 4 seasons, really. Probably doesn't hurt him that he's usually got Adama Traore to double up with...

If it’s true they’ve rejected it, can see next bid money plus player? Maybe Luke Freeman going other way? Apparently Forest were showing interest in January!

My mates a big Forest fan and Luke Freeman as a part of the deal is one of the bigger rumours going round their fanbase apparently.

Baldock is always a solid 7/10 every game. If he could actually cross a ball I think big clubs would be sniffing. I’ve been impressed with Cash whenever I’ve seen him albeit at a lower level. He wouldn’t be coming as just cover he would be coming to provide stiff competition which is needed.

i’m thinking a little more about the LF swap with Cash and actually a straight swap with minimal fee seems fair, we have a CAM who has held his own at both Championship and EPL level, they have a promising RWB who has not proven themselves at EPL level but has done well in Championship.

Now the reason i say minimal fee is that Cash has 6 years on his side compared to LF so this would maybe mean we compensate a little, maybe 2-3 million to buy out his remaining contract?

I think CW is worried about the Everton and Leicester games where we couldn't get behind them. He knows next season teams are going to overload the full back positions to nullify our overloads. So with 5 subs he can change it about to offer different attacking options.

Back
Top Bottom