Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think the one area we don’t have 2 players for is RWB so it makes sense to me if Baldock gets some competition
But £15m to simply compete with a player who has played every minute of our season doesn’t add up. Hence why I suspect he’s been identified to play a different role.

You'd think we'd be Ben Osborning him and playing him RCM. Can't see him or Baldock being 2nd choice RWB.
We might be Bergering him, play him RM to learn the system with a view to moving him to his proper position

But £15m to simply compete with a player who has played every minute of our season doesn’t add up. Hence why I suspect he’s been identified to play a different role.
Maybe Baldock will be the competition

If he comes I expect him to play RCM you do not drop a guy who has played every minute of our first season in the premiership and been acknowledged as one of our star performers.
Further indication if it were needed that Lundstram on his bike. Hopefully 4 million for him from a top end championship club, possibly even part exchange with forest

We've all mentioned that Baldock's play in the final third let's him down. Maybe we're looking to upgrade? Would be difficult mind, as Baldock (defensively) has been instrumental this season.

I'd like to see us have a look at Antonee Robinson on the other side too. We didn't have a strong option to replace Enda when he was in terrible form after the lockdown.

Last edited:
Sure wilder is aware of starting 11 weakness at goalkeeper, RCM and one of the striker positions to play alongside either mcburnie or Moose. All other positions I assume he is confident with and subsequently he will in addition be juggling squad players In and out to provide different younger options who he can develop.

Didn’t realise he started as a midfielder. Might work in our favour if we offer him his old role. Could also be back up to Baldock.

We need good competition, he’s versatile, this makes a lot of sense

Unless we've found a money tree or a goose that lays golden eggs, £12m+ for a non international, championship level right wing back is bonkers. He's worth 1/2 that and there's better available on the continent.

As an aside, I appreciate he's predominantly left footed, but Ismail Jakobs is available at £9m, and he's at least a class above Cash, and 2 years younger.

We've all mentioned that Baldock's play in the final third let's him down. Maybe we're looking to upgrade? Would be difficult mind, as Baldock (defensively) has been instrumental this season.

I'd like to see us have a look at Antonee Robinson on the other side too. We didn't have a strong option to replace Enda when he was in terrible form after the lockdown.
Robinson has tremendous potential and pace to burn

If he comes surely it’s to play in midfield. No way we’re paying £12m for a second choice RB

I wouldn't be so sure that he would be second choice. As good as Baldock has been, he doesn't create many chances, nor score. To say he is an out and out RWB his attacking output has always not been as good as it could be.

Maybe we think there is a better net gain to be made in putting in a stronger attacking player in that position. Sure we might be exposed a little bit more, but with Berge and Basham covering that side, maybe we can afford to be a little more adventurous. We need to create more chances next season or we won't progress.

Have a look at his positivity on the ball below.

The wing backs are key positions for us creatively and if we want to.step.up a level.we need to.upgrade on baldock and Stevens

He’s class lads, much better end product than Baldock. I’m a big Baldock fan and he has been brilliant but he gets in brilliant positions and wastes it with bad crosses way too often. If you for one minute think Baldock is going to be upset at being on the bench or fighting for a short you are definitely mistaken.

I wouldn't be so sure that he would be second choice. As good as Baldock has been, he doesn't create many chances, nor score. To say he is an out and out RWB his attacking output has always not been as good as it could be.

Maybe we think there is a better net gain to be made in putting in a stronger attacking player in that position. Sure we might be exposed a little bit more, but with Berge and Basham covering that side, maybe we can afford to be a little more adventurous. We need to create more chances next season or we won't progress.

Have a look at his positivity on the ball below.

True, but surely there are other positions in the squad that need strengthening more than RWB.
Could Baldock possibly play RCB, he has pace to burn and is a good defender. But then again Basham wasn’t POTY for nothing

He’s class lads, much better end product than Baldock. I’m a big Baldock fan and he has been brilliant but he gets in brilliant positions and wastes it with bad crosses way too often. If you for one minute think Baldock is going to be upset at being on the bench or fighting for a short you are definitely mistaken.
Great going forward. Cannot defend for toffee

If it’s true they’ve rejected it, can see next bid money plus player? Maybe Luke Freeman going other way? Apparently Forest were showing interest in January!

Back
Top Bottom