Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many rwb do Southampton need,supposed to be buying Walker - Peters and interested in Cash.

Why dont we bid for KWP.
1596395130430.png

True, but surely there are other positions in the squad that need strengthening more than RWB.
Could Baldock possibly play RCB, he has pace to burn and is a good defender. But then again Basham wasn’t POTY for nothing

Chance creation has been a huge issue for us this season.

We attack down the flanks. We literally can't play any other way. So often this season I've watched us play around with the ball, in decent positions and then put poor crosses in, or worse - lose it before we even have a chance to put a cross in.

Maybe it's more important than we think to have wing backs who can provide better chances for our strikers. Players out wide who are positive with the ball and are willing to take a man on.

McBurnie, Sharp & Mousset are all pretty decent finishers. But we give them very little to work off.

I'm not advocating dropping Baldock overnight, or Stevens on the other side. But could they do with a push? I think they both could. And if they rise to the challenge and improve their outputs... great! That's what having a good squad is all about.

Sky reporting it now, saying we could use a player to get the deal over the line.
Would I be right in saying they were after L. Freeman in the JTW? If so it could be a deal that helps all involved.

Would I be right in saying they were after L. Freeman in the JTW? If so it could be a deal that helps all involved.

Agree, Luke Freeman is the most likely candidate.

Callum Robinson another, but I would think his wages and ambitions may be a stumbling block. I think Robinson is more likely to end up with WBA, or one of the relegated teams. I thought Norwich might want him, but they've just signed Dowell.

Sky says: “Sheffield United are preparing to make an offer for Nottingham Forest defender Matt Cash - said to be around £10m - and is expected to be rejected.”

Anyone would think that we wouldn’t bother preparing the deal if it was expected to be rejected 😂.

I don’t think you can can say he’s gonna be similar to what Osborne does but as a starter on the Right
He could easily be better than baldock and say lundstram/swift

I think if we’re spending that on a player he’ll be a starter probably at RCM

For his age I think it’s a no brainer he plays in the perfect position for our system where he can play anywhere down the right

I think with a full Blades pre-season he could cover the right flank in RCM and RWB positions at the same time, freeing up Berge to move more inside to his natural position. Would need to be at peak fitness all season though.

Interesting one this. Not least because it suggests we may have a bigger transfer budget than has been assumed.

Given that we may well need to spend a decent amount on a ‘keeper, and plenty more on one or possibly two strikers, plus centre-half cover, the fact that we appear willing to lay out 10 mill for the likes of Marty Cash suggests we might be spending big again this summer.*

* Or the ghost of Kev has persuaded Betts to flog the family silver, granted.

If we do offer L Freeman, I can see RND being brought into the squad, he would still probably be behind Osborn and Robinson as endas backup but if it helps getting cash over the line it would be good.

No way in hell will he be used as a RCM. It just gives us more options, he is a winger come wing back and george is a full back come wing back, so their strengths and weaknesses are the complete opposite. Im not the only person who noticed how many bad balls Baldock was putting in, he should be one of the highest in assists with how we play.

I can see West ham, but if they get him, can we go for Fredricks? But if Southampton are signing KWP plus having Yan Valery that's 2 young rbs already, they may play him at Rm though in their 442?

I’d offer them 10 mill plus lunny
Lunny will get his £40/50,000 a week at a Burnley/Palace/West Ham/West Brom due to his contract running down, or even a Watford when they make a big push next season after purloining £100m+ for Sarr, Doucoure’ and Deulofeu

Lunny will get his £40/50,000 a week at a Burnley/Palace/West Ham/West Brom due to his contract running down, or even a Watford when they make a big push next season after purloining £100m+ for Sarr, Doucoure’ and Deulofeu

I don’t see anyone offering him anything close to that.
I don’t think he’s asking for that much anyway he probably wants 30 and we’re saying 20.
Lunny should have accepted it now he’ll probs end up back in the champ or at west brom I reckon which is a shame

But £15m to simply compete with a player who has played every minute of our season doesn’t add up. Hence why I suspect he’s been identified to play a different role.
Welcome to the prem

Can play either wing back & right central midfield. Let’s be honest all three positions are relatively weak in terms of depth and quality

Can play either wing back & right central midfield. Let’s be honest all three positions are relatively weak in terms of depth and quality

RW or RB/RWB. When has he ever played in a midfield 3?

I wouldn't be so sure that he would be second choice. As good as Baldock has been, he doesn't create many chances, nor score. To say he is an out and out RWB his attacking output has always not been as good as it could be.

Maybe we think there is a better net gain to be made in putting in a stronger attacking player in that position. Sure we might be exposed a little bit more, but with Berge and Basham covering that side, maybe we can afford to be a little more adventurous. We need to create more chances next season or we won't progress.

Have a look at his positivity on the ball below.

George who?

Back
Top Bottom