Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope we sign him, largely to be able adapt Stevie V’s hit “Dirty Cash” on the terraces (or from my sofa if we aren’t allowed back).

Just seen on the Forest forums that they reckon out of us, Southampton and West Ham we're most likely. Bought a new house in Nottingham during lockdown.

I think would be a very solid pickup. Can play more than one position and with the veterans we have on this squad and the input he would get from them will enable him to kick on even quicker. Also, the price Forest want for him is very reasonable imo especially with today's transfer market.

Eh? Either wing back is LWB & RWB and I said he could also play right central midfield. Is that not three?
Exactly, but I said he's not going to play Lwb as cover or anything. For 1 he's never played it and 2, CW has lefties on the left. Therefore he would be available for 2 positions not 3.

Named in pretty much every Championship 'team of the season' for RB. Would definitely push Baldock to his limit for his spot

Its been said a few times already,
But gorgeous George wasn't only one of our top performers last year but he was ever present.
I am all for competition, I know Wilder is adamant on it, but RWB is already one of our strongest areas.

£15m is on the way to affording a striker like King from Bournemouth.

But gorgeous George wasn't only one of our top performers last year but he was ever present.
I am all for competition, I know Wilder is adamant on it, but RWB is already one of our strongest areas.

Maybe we have more money to burn than Wilder lets on?

I see RB as a weakness. I rate Baldock and think he had a cracking season. However, with K Freeman gone I don't see much in the way of cover for him in the squad, unlike pretty much every other outfield position.

For a fee which I can only imagine will be among the highest we pay this summer - rwb wasn’t the first place I expected we would look to spend, given the season Baldock has just had.

Might make sense if L. Freeman is used in part exchange.... but then That leaves us needing A direct freeman replacement (a position we were already very light).

Can see baldock being difficult to replace, given he is quality defensively.

Baldock played every minute of every game. If he's injured we're toast.

If we were to bring Cash in you can bet he'll be looking to relegate someone to the bench, he wouldn't sign here to sit out.

Just seen on the Forest forums that they reckon out of us, Southampton and West Ham we're most likely. Bought a new house in Nottingham during lockdown.
Can understand that, they hate us with a passion. You will also be told theve won the European Cup twice😊

Not sure he's worth the money if we need to go up to £12m plus for him.

Decent championship player but nothing more at this stage. Would we be willing to sell his old team mate Ben Osborn for £12m if we received an offer for him tomorrow? I'd say we would probably snap someone's hand off at that price. And remember this time last season, Osborn was one of Forest's best (bought for between £4m to £5m allegedly), and he was an Englsnd U20 international who now he has PL experience. Put's the offer for Cash into perspective, especially when the Championship clubs are generally skint.

Think we can do better with the money if that is what we are being asked for. Look further afield if we've been turned down for £10m which is a lot of wonga for the lad.

Last edited:
For a fee which I can only imagine will be among the highest we pay this summer - rwb wasn’t the first place I expected we would look to spend, given the season Baldock has just had.

Might make sense if L. Freeman is used in part exchange.... but then That leaves us needing A direct freeman replacement (a position we were already very light).

Can see baldock being difficult to replace, given he is quality defensively.
I don't think we would need a freeman replacement, Osborn was good enough to backup fleck and enda, plus we could bring RND into the squad.

Not sure he's worth the money if we need to go up to £12m plus for him.

Decent championship player but nothing more at this stage. Would we be willing to sell his old team mate Ben Osborn for £12m if we received an offer for him tomorrow? I'd say we would probably snap someone's hand off at that price. And remember this time last season, Osborn was one of Forest's best, and now he has PL experience. Put's the offer for Cash into perspective, especially when the Championship clubs are generally skint.

Think we can do better with the money if that is what we are being asked for. Look further afield if we've been turned down for £10m which is a lot of wonga for the lad.

I think £10m+ Luke Freeman would do it (maybe with some appearance based add ons at a push).

By all accounts L Freeman is exactly what they need in midfield & one they targeted in January. His market value must be circa £6-7m (note, we paid £5m but got a deal as he was in the final year of his contract).

Neither player would have to relocate & I presume Cash is pals with Osborn & J Robinson.

I'd feel a bit sorry for L Freeman if he does go. I really liked everything I saw of him when he did play, but - for whatever reason, Wilder has never seemed to fancy him as a player.
As a minimum, he is a top end Championship footballer & I think N Forest would be getting an excellent player for where they're at.

If this move does go ahead we should look to bring someone in to push Enda Stevens on the left too. Ben Osborn is clearly a midfielder.

How quickly some are to proclaim that our potential transfer targets are better than our current first teamers. Reading some of the earlier posts on this thread, apparently Cash is an upgrade on Baldock....the same Baldock who played 38 times for us last season in the PL. Cash has never played in the PL. He's a lad with potential and a good solid Championship player who could make the step up, but he is way behind GB at this moment in time imo.

If we are genuinely wanting better than GB this pre season then I think we need to go overseas as we can't afford a better British version of GB.

I think £10m+ Luke Freeman would do it (maybe with some appearance based add ons at a push).

By all accounts L Freeman is exactly what they need in midfield & one they targeted in January. His market value must be circa £6-7m (note, we paid £5m but got a deal as he was in the final year of his contract).

Neither player would have to relocate & I presume Cash is pals with Osborn & J Robinson.

I'd feel a bit sorry for L Freeman if he does go. I really liked everything I saw of him when he did play, but - for whatever reason, Wilder has never seemed to fancy him as a player.
As a minimum, he is a top end Championship footballer & I think N Forest would be getting an excellent player for where they're at.

If this move does go ahead we should look to bring someone in to push Enda Stevens on the left too. Ben Osborn is clearly a midfielder.
I would've thought the left hand side would've been a bigger priority than RB/RM.

We are much more due an upgrade to Stevens than we are Baldock.

Hear what you are saying and you make some valid points.

But one point I would raise is that you say that £10m plus Freeman 'would do it'. You then value Luke Freeman at £6m to £7m. That would make the offer to Forest for Cash at a value if £16m to £17m.....fuk me sideways.

No thanks, I'd rather keep £10m and Luke Freeman. In fact, I'd probably rather keep Luke Freeman if a straight swap was offered.

I've we've offered 10, they apparently want 15, why would be jump up to 10m plus a player that cost us in the region of 6m quid?

Hear what you are saying and you make some valid points.

But one point I would raise is that you say that £10m plus Freeman 'would do it'. You then value Luke Freeman at £6m to £7m. That would make the offer to Forest for Cash at a value if £16m to £17m.....fuk me sideways.

No thanks, I'd rather keep £10m and Luke Freeman. In fact, I'd probably rather keep Luke Freeman if a straight swap was offered.
FFS literally just repeated when you said lol

Back
Top Bottom