Outgoing? Matt Done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He won't be allowed to play well by the opposition, in a competitive fixture .....

We know that as its been evidenced over a long period of time, he cannot contribute in the Division we are in currently, therefore he's a waste of a shirt if selected.

Remember Bradford away when their pig CH threw him over his shoulder ......... no foul said the referee and that's the problem.

Nothing against Scougal, but he will never be able to be consistent in this Division because he's too lightweight ........ imho :(

UTB & FTP

He has a decent game Bradford away.

I don't doubt Scoug's courage or willingness to do what's necessary, and I'm happy to let Wilder cast his critical gaze over the players and judge accordingly. If Scougall doesn't meet his manager's criteria for what's needed then he'll be gone, but if he meets those demands then so much the better for player and team.

I agree with this. He did alright for Fleetwood and got some love back for the game from what I have read. For me Scougall may just recapture his first season impact if he is played high enough up the field in a high energy team - especially if he can improve his finishing. If he can't he will be gone I am sure. He's got a huge fight on to get in the team though.

There is a bit of an "anti-Coutts" thing about a lot of fans eh? Personally I think he's one of the most talented footballers at the club and I still think he's got an important role to play for us. I see Coutts as a creative midfield player. Someone who can do a similar role to Kevin McDonald when he was here. Picking the ball up off the defence, moving it up to the forwards and stringing play together.

Now, I also fully understand that Coutt's pace and tempo just haven't been there in a lot of games under the previous poor excuse of a manager. But how much of that is down to Coutts and how much of it is down to the clown who managed him? He's still a very young fit bloke and if anyone can get him upping his game a bit then I'm sure Wilder can. And if he does then we'll have one hell of a good player on our hands. Better than anything at League 1 level imo.

I'm hoping he gets a chance to show what he can do under Wilder - I think it could be good for him and us.
Fair enough. I don't like him because he cowers out of challenges, he's a nice footballer but too soft for this level.

He shouldn't play because the referee didn't give a blatant foul?

Scougall played well in cloughs first season and I think he will suit Wilders style

Not just one occasion mate ....... every time he's played in L1 !!

He cannot be consistent and influence play in this Division that we're still languishing in self-imposed exile, therefore is a waste of a shirt.

We have seen the evidence ........

UTB & FTP

I agree Darth, that was a dreadful example of abysmal refereeing, but I don't think it's in anyway conclusive as to Scougall's ability to compete. If this had happened regularly fair play, but the fact that it's cited probably shows how the referee was at fault. I don't doubt Scoug's courage or willingness to do what's necessary, and I'm happy to let Wilder cast his critical gaze over the players and judge accordingly. If Scougall doesn't meet his manager's criteria for what's needed then he'll be gone, but if he meets those demands then so much the better for player and team.

I just use that example because its SO memorable but he is shoved off the ball in every game in which he participates and referees at this level are not competent enough to realise that he's been fouled.

He is not capable of consistently influencing a game at this level of football ....... its been proven over the last 2 seasons.

UTB & FTP

I appreciate what's been said about Scougall but I feel that if we are trusting Wilder to make calls on incoming players we also need to afford him decisions on existing players. After all, he made the right call on Hammond as far as we are concerned. Maybe CW has seen in Scougall what he is looking for to do a job. Lets hope so cos we can't afford to replace everybody.

I just use that example because its SO memorable but he is shoved off the ball in every game in which he participates and referees at this level are not competent enough to realise that he's been fouled.

He is not capable of consistently influencing a game at this level of football ....... its been proven over the last 2 seasons.

UTB & FTP

I don't think it's correct to say that Scougall has had no influence on a game since he arrived here. Wilder has obviously seen Scougall play and have a positive influence on the team, otherwise he wouldn't have decided to retain his services. This way Wilder can see for himself if the player that first arrived here can somehow be re-discovered and have that same positive impact on the team's performances. I'm not for or against Scougall, but like many Blades I witnessed a player who has the potential to offer something different to our style of play, and, it would seem, so has Wilder. As I said in my previous message, if he can't find that form then Wilder will release Scougall, but if the player manages to produce his original form then so much the better.

He can't tackle or chase.
He can't score or carry the ball.
He's one of the highest earners.

In my eyes, his only redeeming feature is his ball control and his ability to pick a pass and as I mentioned on another thread this alone is the bare minimum of a midfielder, not the basis of worship.

Wilder has mentioned that he wants his midfielders to offer something going forward as well as defensively, not neither

I disagree that he can’t carry the ball. I think he’s done that well at times but agree with the overall sentiment of your post in that despite his strengths, they are not enough to compensate for his weaknesses.

While he’s here I can see him having a role on the bench but remain hopeful someone will take him off our hands.

I disagree that he can’t carry the ball. I think he’s done that well at times but agree with the overall sentiment of your post in that despite his strengths, they are not enough to compensate for his weaknesses.

While he’s here I can see him having a role on the bench but remain hopeful someone will take him off our hands.

The only times I've seen him carry the ball he was unaposed. I dare say me or you can do the same. As soon as someone challenges he runs out of ideas, he doesn't have the pace or trickery to beat a man, so ends up offloading or losing possession.

The only times I've seen him carry the ball he was unaposed. I dare say me or you can do the same. As soon as someone challenges he runs out of ideas, he doesn't have the pace or trickery to beat a man, so ends up offloading or losing possession.

We might have to agree to disagree here. Over the xmas period when he hit some form, he beat his man a few times especially in the Bradford game with a nice drop of the shoulder. He won the pen v Posh at the lane by taking on his man. He has quite quick feet when he can be arsed to try to go past his man.

We might have to agree to disagree here. Over the xmas period when he hit some form, he beat his man a few times especially in the Bradford game with a nice drop of the shoulder. He won the pen v Posh at the lane by taking on his man. He has quite quick feet when he can be arsed to try to go past his man.

Admittedly there were occasions where he beat a mam, but there were also occasions where Connor Sammon looked sharp (Peterborough away, for one).

I'll concede the occasions you've mentioned display an ability to beat a man, but they were so few and far between that they in my opinion that they don't fully validate your argument.

Any Coutts' highlights have been a flash in the pan, in what has been a dismal (and likely extremely expensive) spell at the club.

I rate McNulty above Done and accept one of them needed to go out on loan. If both of them go though we may as well just give up.

I doubt it's true though. Even we're not that stupid.

I rate McNulty above Done and accept one of them needed to go out on loan. If both of them go though we may as well just give up.

I doubt it's true though. Even we're not that stupid.

Would you not say Lavery & Chapman are replacements for these two?

With an extra winger aswell (possibly) I would say it's an overall improvement.

Vincenti coming in the other direction was a rumour a couple of weeks ago, swap deal? :eek:

He won't be off. Wilder is a fan of his, and has finally realised he's actually a decent option to have as a striker.

Oh dear... Vincenti will be the wide player we're after won't he.

Oh dear... Vincenti will be the wide player we're after won't he.
Are you trying to make a name for yourself by only posting criticism?

Do you aspire to be this season's Barney?

Need more attention? Here you go...

Are you trying to make a name for yourself by only posting criticism?

Do you aspire to be this season's Barney?

Need more attention? Here you go...

I don't need to 'make a name for myself'.

Every criticism I've posted today will be thoroughly deserved barring any surprises.

I don't need to 'make a name for myself'.

Every criticism I've posted today will be thoroughly deserved barring any surprises today.
An idea for you might be to wait until something actually happens before criticising it...

It's what's already not happened that's concerning. A lot of players who'd be ideal for us have already gone elsewhere today.
So you think we should sign every single player that Ricky deems "ideal for us"? If not, shout about it.

So you think we should sign every single player that Ricky deems "ideal for us"? If not, shout about it.

Nope, but we have to sign somebody. And we were strongly linked with some of those who have gone elsewhere. And the pending arrival of Ebanks-Landell all but confirms there'll be no Morgan or Webster. It's not looking great, there's no denying it.

Nope, but we have to sign somebody. And we were strongly linked with some of those who have gone elsewhere. And the pending arrival of Ebanks-Landell all but confirms there'll be no Morgan or Webster. It's not looking great, there's no denying it.
Webster has apparently handed in a transfer request.

We knew days ago there would be no Morgan, there's been two rumoured since, which I hope shows we're at least targetting our favourites but not putting all our eggs in one basket. I'll wait until the window shuts before I decide if I think we've done good business. I'll reserve judgement on whether it's looking great or not until Christmas, not the end of August.

Not looking great ? Who were you expecting us to realistically sign ?

Back
Top Bottom