Incoming? Matt Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

2nd biggest signing in their proud history:

West Brom sign Scotland winger Oliver Burke from RB Leipzig for £15m | West  Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Considering who our biggest signing is I'm not sure you want to point fingers!

Yes it does sound like a Wednesday fan
And we fucking slate them for that sort of attitude

, but I stick to the point. Albion average 23,000 in the Prem, we get 30,000 plus every home game.
Yes but did they take 3k to QPR seeing as you sound like a pig fan
I'm just saying that if it was a choice between us and West Brom and us, I believe we've got more pulling power as a club.
We may not have been very serious about signing this player

Anyone who doesn't compare size of their club with others is in my view lying if he or she has never done that.

In the football pyramid you are where you are because you deserve to be there
So when we were playing Stevenage in L1 or Darlington in Div 4 we were in the same league as them so they deserved our respect. You dont get 3 points for having bigger attendances or having won an FA Cup in the 1920s it counts for fuck all

Last edited:
And we fucking slate them for that sort of attitude

Yes but did they take 3k to QPR seeing as you sound like a pig fan

We may not have been very erious about signing this player

In the football pyramid you are where you are because you deserve to be there
So when we were playing Stevenage in L1 or Darlington in Div 4 we were in the same league as them so they deserved our respect. You dont get 3 points for having bigger attendances or having won an FA Cup in the 1920s it counts for fuck all
Fair enough Pedro, I have full respect for the likes of Stevenage and Darlo. Any club is where it is on merit, not how many fans they have or past trophies. Doesn't change though that I think West Brom are a a smaller club than us, that's my prerogative based on the perception I have of both clubs and not changing my view on it, all about opinions.

Just on Wednesday I don't personally slate them for comparing how big they are to another team, that's their prerogative, again. I would say, however, that they are very deluded on the merits of their status and the nickname of "The Massive" whilst meant as banter sums up their fans for how deluded they are. I'm quite happy for them to make these comparisons because it's very funny to listen to how deluded they are and it's what makes them unpopular with other local clubs. I don't think saying we're bigger than West Brom is particularly arrogant or deluded though, and I'm not saying we've any entitlement to PL football on the basis of fans etc. We have no right, nor do other big clubs like Forest, Derby and Sunderland for example.

Last edited:
Didn't think he was all that good for WBA.

Poundshop O'Connell!
He was voted player of the season for Albion and has received the award for each of the last four seasons so he must be doing something right!

He was voted player of the season for Albion and has received the award for each of the last four seasons so he must be doing something right!
I wasn’t aware of that, that’s a fair point.

I suppose my counter would be given they finished 10th vs their expectations, there is a certain element of best house on the worst street about it.

Plus he’s also gone from being transferred for 4.5m to offloaded for half that. So he’s not as well thought of now as he was a few years back and despite selling a left sided defender who, whilst primarily a left back or left wing back, can also play left centre back, he still finds himself surplus to requirements.

It’s not one I regret is not getting. I suppose that’s where I’m eventually getting to and he’s failed to make any impact at the next level that Boro would be aiming for. Like Lenihan, decent Championship performer but huge question mark as to whether he’s anything more than that.

Back
Top Bottom