Pre-season 18/19 Mansfield Town v. Sheffield United - 21/07/2018

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't wait to get home and cut my season ticket up.

You mean you haven't already cut it up following the Blades second half 2-1 capitulation at Bratfud the other night ???? Some people are far too laid back :mad:

You mean you haven't already cut it up following the Blades second half 2-1 capitulation at Bratfud the other night ???? Some people are far too laid back :mad:

Clapper aren't I?

All jesting aside I've obviously not been today due to prior comittments but I did manage to catch some of the commentary on Radio Sheffield where James Shields did a cameo role with Rob Staton in the commentary box . Shields was glowing about Magoldricks ( sp ) performances in the 2 games hes played in . Sounds like his signing looks nailed on .

Sounds like his signing looks nailed on .

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay on, if they can get a decent level of fitness in him (staying injury free) he'll be useful.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay on, if they can get a decent level of fitness in him (staying injury free) he'll be useful.

If we move Lavery on that will be 3 strikers out the door with just Sharp & Clarke available. If we’re successful with one of our main targets we still need at least one more at the very least. I think even if he’s not going to be fit all the time he represents good quality at low value, and we should give him a contract in my view.

Some people take pre season friendlies far too seriously. I want Utd to win of course, but it means just short of nowt at this time. It's about getting fitness and sharpness only.

Chris will fine tweak training and get us up and firing for the big kick off.

I've heard it all now when someone is talking about potential relegation struggles for us this season after a pre season draw at Mansfield...I had to laugh :)

I'm not bothered about the result, the main thing is that the players got a good competitive game under their belts.

Did Egan get on,not heard any comments so I presume not

Thoughts on Ricky Holmes anyone that went?

I have to say I’ve been more disappointed with him so far than any new signing since Hammond. So much promise and he just doesn’t seem to want to do the things he’s good at.

I’m pretty sure the official photographers are going to do their very best this season to make me as pissed off about this new home shirt as is possible. Yet another photo where I’ve lookes at it, thought “oh, which team is that?” before noticing the Door Deals logo and swearing under my breath...

I’m pretty sure the official photographers are going to do their very best this season to make me as pissed off about this new home shirt as is possible. Yet another photo where I’ve lookes at it, thought “oh, which team is that?” before noticing the Door Deals logo and swearing under my breath...
From that photo you would swear it's the away kit

Its dreadful isn't it, even Hendersons got in the act and is wearing white boots!! Strange how the sponsors logo is black on the goalkeeping shirt yet we have to endure the hideous green lettering on the white and white home shirt.

You got a linky link matey?

No sorry I just heard it on radio sheff after the match, prob be on the site later, basically said we were second best everywhere on the pitch, didn't like his players today, thinks they maybe developed a were a championship club billy big bollox attitude

No sorry I just heard it on radio sheff after the match, prob be on the site later, basically said we were second best everywhere on the pitch, didn't like his players today, thinks they maybe developed a were a championship club billy big bollox attitude
Ahh, was checking BBC radio Sheffield site. I'll hang fire and wait for it to be uploaded. Just want to see how positive he sounded about waghorn to be fair.

There you go. Like I said. Compared to bradford first half. It was poor, let's hope for a much better performance on Tuesday. Credit to Mansfield though. They made it tough.

Thats why he's our manager. Won't accept drop in standards even in pre season friendlies.

Last season we conceeded more goals than everybody above us - a few more clean sheets and we could easily have been in PO’s. We also scored a lot in last 15 - so again a clean sheet and a late goal means 3 points.

No start for Leon today either - only on for last 30 - league’s top open play scorer.

HMSPTL - only kidding!!

Back
Top Bottom