MANAGER SACKED

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well, I can't say that this has come as a surprise to me. It was always on the cards after the absolutely dire performance at Blackburn, I thought words would have been exchanged then hence the sudden reverting to a back three again a sign that Slav had been told he must get results immediately. We did get results but the performances were shocking I thought Slav might have rode the crisis out but no. Can't say I'm impressed by the new management team either it all smacks of cheap options and no cash in the bank. ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

I was hoping that other were wrong who were saying we don’t have a penny to spend but this confirms it..

Heckingbottom told to focus on promoting the youth players

Great decision to get rid of slav...

I like the look of the set up with Jack Lester and Stuart Mcall as assistants, people who know the club and the area very well.. Jebbo n Brewster up front please after January when Jebbo comes back.

I never saw anything at all from slav, nothing, we are in what I know is a very poor division and proof if you need it is that we're (amazingly) 6 points off the top 6, or we were Tuesday night, still within touching distance of the play offs after mainly abject and sometimes bizarre performances and team selections..

There's been way too much wrong, or stuff that baffled me, and nothing inspiring, he didn't have a clue who his first team are and it's half way now, but some wanted him handing millions in January, we know slav is a short term manager, he was brought in to do what the managers at Fulham, and West brom are doing, bounce us straight back up but he's nowhere near, he's miles away with no sign of that changing any time soon.

My main complaint.

This one thing made my mind up regarding this manager, we've been trying to get our record signing off the mark, we believe that he gets a couple of goals and he'll kick on, 23M worth of raw takent still being selected for England, clearly will have a great career but starved of confedence at united, shell shocked after relegation and he clearly had too much responsibility put on his shoulders by Wilder.

So he jumps two feet in the air and left foot volleys the opener into the net at Blackburn, a goal nobody at the club except Moose has the skill to convert, sadly mouse can't jump and wouldn't survive the landing if he did (bit of humour there BTW) so we're like, what a fucking goal, here we go and we finally see why everybody raves about his finishing.

Dropped for the next match..

"rumours of loaning brewster to forest follow shortly after"

Plays well at Reading - slav sacked.

I'll leave it there..

Good luck to Hecky and his staff.. UTB.

The atmosphere at BL this season has been dire even with 28k in at every game
Our fans like attacking, pressure and effort football not prolonged possession on the half way line moving the ball side to side.
Teams have us totally sussed out and we have no answers, no midfield athletes closing players down, making forward runs or even forward passes of any quality
Utterly boring and frustrating too watch
I'm seeing plenty of these type of comments and I can't agree.

Some talk like its been like it was under Weir.

We've played fantastic stuff at times going forward and created more chances than we did for the last two seasons under Wilder.

We also played a lot of sideways and back under Wilder during the great seasons too.

Possession football is the only way this club will meaningfully achieve anything and we've not done anywhere near enough of it for decades.

I agree passing for the sake of passing can be obsessional and has flooded the youth game but since the end of August we've created far more chances through passing football than I can remember.

Missed chances and sloppy goals conceded have been the issue.

Nothing personal but i actually despair at the amount of people I've heard describe our attacking play as boring.

I'm sure plenty would be delighted with us banging it up to Kieffer Moore every week. That tactic worked like a dream at this level for Blackwell and Adams, just like it is for Cardiff.

Classic United

Who ever gets the job is doomed to fail unless there is some money available.

Let’s hope the Prince has lined up a strong and experienced replacement and gives him a large bag of cash.
Cash ?
We had to sell Rammers + wanted to sell Berge , just to survive.
Unless there is new investment of which we're not aware.

Slav was a lazy appointment,Heckingbottom a lazy appointment,loan players lazy recruits .
There is nobody at the club who knows football and is prepared to spend time looking for the right people who can improve what we have.
Until there is we will continue drifting

Strange Hecky didn't want the fucking job around nine months ago.

Stranger that the assistant Mr Knill who was the current assistant at that time didnt take control of the team after CW left..

Hecky was told to throw his hat in after those few wins.. Fans weren't impressed then and the board backed off, the rest is history now, board have got the man they probably wanted from back then.

Cash ?
We had to sell Rammers + wanted to sell Berge , just to survive.
Unless there is new investment of which we're not aware.

Where do you get that indication from? If we had to sell Ramsdale we'd have snapped Arsenal's hand off at the first offer like we used to under McCabe

1637853025315.png

Think Bettis has just added another year on. Probably for winking at him seductively.

Great decision to get rid of slav...

I like the look of the set up with Jack Lester and Stuart Mcall as assistants, people who know the club and the area very well.. Jebbo n Brewster up front please after January when Jebbo comes back.

I never saw anything at all from slav, nothing, we are in what I know is a very poor division and proof if you need it is that we're (amazingly) 6 points off the top 6, or we were Tuesday night, still within touching distance of the play offs after mainly abject and sometimes bizarre performances and team selections..

There's been way too much wrong, or stuff that baffled me, and nothing inspiring, he didn't have a clue who his first team are and it's half way now, but some wanted him handing millions in January, we know slav is a short term manager, he was brought in to do what the managers at Fulham, and West brom are doing, bounce us straight back up but he's nowhere near, he's miles away with no sign of that changing any time soon.

My main complaint.

This one thing made my mind up regarding this manager, we've been trying to get our record signing off the mark, we believe that he gets a couple of goals and he'll kick on, 23M worth of raw takent still being selected for England, clearly will have a great career but starved of confedence at united, shell shocked after relegation and he clearly had too much responsibility put on his shoulders by Wilder.

So he jumps two feet in the air and left foot volleys the opener into the net at Blackburn, a goal nobody at the club except Moose has the skill to convert, sadly mouse can't jump and wouldn't survive the landing if he did (bit of humour there BTW) so we're like, what a fucking goal, here we go and we finally see why everybody raves about his finishing.

Dropped for the next match..

"rumours of loaning brewster to forest follow shortly after"

Plays well at Reading - slav sacked.

I'll leave it there..

Good luck to Hecky and his staff.. UTB.
Great post. Much better to act now than wait (a la Robson) and do it too late. Yes, get Jebbo back, play Brewster, in regards to the latter, I'd sooner Lester, McCall & PH worked with him than Slav & Co. Ok, he's not worth his price tag but there must be something for the coaches to work with and improve, and they simply haven't or couldn't or wouldn't. Fresh start.

I’m having Deja Vu after last time in Prem
Blades supporting manager leaves (Warnock)
Replaced by big name (Robson) - new direction etc
Replaced after 6 months for another lower profile manager, known already to the club from a coaching/manager capacity (Blackwell)
Is there an old instruction book (football manager for dummies) on the shelves in the bra mall Lane boardroom. ( first edition signed by K MCCabe! ) 🤣

Interesting that so many think bringing Jebbison back would make a big difference. What percentage of games has he started for Burton a league below?

He undoubtedly has huge potential and hopefully he'll go on to have a brilliant career with us. That doesn't mean he's the answer right now.

The players are destroying this club. The player we hold dear at heart. I'd rather use the money towards paying slav off to terminate certain players contract

Slav sadly couldn’t polish a turd. But then at the end, neither could Wilder, and it was his turd.
That is the most succinct précis of our recent history that I've seen.
Which manager we have is almost irrelevant if there is no means of flushing the floating turd away.
However , whilst various attempts are made , it will perhaps be encouraging for the players who possess some personal pride to be able to understand a feckin word the manager is saying

Back
Top Bottom