MANAGER SACKED

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My opinion on the matter is for the birds. I do firmly believe that teams work in cycles and must be constantly replaced and refreshed in order to improve. We haven't adequately replaced and refreshed for three transfer windows now thus the squad is stale. But that's just an outsider's view from a fan.
And i think we've tried to do that we've made signings every window. How many have actually been successful?

Ramsdale, Berge, Mousset, McBurnie, Davies, Robinson, Freeman, Brewster, Osborn, Bogle, Lowe, Olsen, Gibbs White. Players for just about every position on the pitch. from just that list there you should have enough quality to mount a decent push at this level, we haven't.

I don't have any confidence at all in the Prince and his entourage whatsoever - I think they have little experience and don't really know what do do.

But a period of consolidation, book balancing and lower expectations is probably what's needed now. Its time for the Prince to shoulder the blame like Mccabe had to do when he made mistakes.

Any news of whether Higginbottom is interim or has he been given the job full time?

What is happening today is not something exclusive to our beloved football club. Its happening all the time in football and has done for years. We fans, some of us going back to the 1950s, are left wondering without any information or explanations. That cannot, or shouldn't, be right or the norm.
Coincidentally, this morning's press announced plans for an independent football regulator across all the leagues which, amongst other things, would give fans additional rights to be informed and more involved in decision making within clubs.
For the time being, personally, I will avoid judgement or rash comments about what is happening at our club in the slight hope that within a very short time more positive announcements might come from the owner and board about new investment and a replacement manager which will allow reinforcements to our playing staff and more promising plans for club structure and the future. I hope these are all ready to be announced but Im not holding my breath. If there are no plans already then it doesn't bode well for the future but, as I said, that seems to be the status quo.

On Slav's departure my opinion is that he left because of lack of funds. My perception is that he has not worked miracles or appeared a particularly good motivator of the players we were left with.

Can’t help wondering if the reasons behind this parting of ways have similarities to the reasons Wilder went.

Common denominator for both is PA.

I don't understand the outrage to be honest. People entitled to opinions by all means but blimey

Have you actually enjoyed any of the games this season? Hull away maybe, i'm struggling after that. It's been very poor. The club have acted decisively be that right or wrong, they've acted swiftly, if they haven't seen enough to warrant backing Slavisa in January then it's right to part ways and give someone a chance to come in, assess the squad for themselves and identify what they want in January to impose their system. Whether we can afford that is a different matter.

From what i've seen and his interviews it seems Slav gave the players freedom to go out and play on impulse, the best we saw from the squad was when we were organised and everyone knew what their role was and where to be in every situation.

Heckingbottom looks likely in the interim and he actually managed to get some results with the majority of this squad. Let's see how the performance is on Sunday but if its anything other than seeing how many times we can get between our area and theirs before losing it or kicking it out of play it'll be a marked improvement
The football has been turgid pass back pass sideways keep it our own half no runs forward (except bash) no matter who the manager is /was it wasn't very exciting really was it
When Slav came in we were promised attacking football and I am afraid it didn't happen
Lets see where we go from here we do not know the financial implications we can only surmise so hope for the best and try to get the ball in the opposition half because thats were we score from
UTB

The football has been turgid pass back pass sideways keep it our own half no runs forward (except bash) no matter who the manager is /was it wasn't very exciting really was it
When Slav came in we were promised attacking football and I am afraid it didn't happen
Lets see where we go from here we do not know the financial implications we can only surmise so hope for the best and try to get the ball in the opposition half because thats were we score from
UTB
were playing sideaways and backwards due to the 3-5-2 wilder and no doubt hecky will play. He only swapped to that from 4-2-3-1 because our defence is embarrassing

Sky tell me theres a Norwegian who's just left a shite club, dontcha know...

I think we should all take a chill pill and wait till 2-30ish Sunday, UTB

Can’t believe the small club mentality of our fans, totally clueless.
The same fans would have been complaining that we lack ambition because we’ve kept faith with a struggling manager.

The Prince is ambitious, Slav has clearly been set a target (with an agreed plan) and is struggling with no sign of improvement.
Apart from Henderson and Duffy he has a better squad than the one that was promoted under Wilder and we’re nearer relegation than promotion.

The timing seems weird as one would expect him to be given until Christmas, at least.
Think this means the Prince has a replacement already lined up.
Also it shows that the Prince is clearly determined to reach the play-offs, so he’s acting now whilst there’s time.
Risky plan as it not good for stability if any club keeps changing its manager.

Personally I don’t mind the change as Slav‘s personality didn’t gell with the fans.
I even stopped listening to his interviews as I struggled to understand his accent and he always said very little, quite monotone and boring.

In the last 50 years we’ve only had 3 successful managers, Bassett, Warnock and Wilder.
All 3 had big personalities who were able to give the club an identity and galvanise the fans.
Think we need a leader who can rally the troops, someone with personality.
Harris

Yes the start to the season is not what we wanted but the baggage and hangover from last season is still there. Yes, I haven't been overly impressed with some of his decision making but I would still have given him the season. Shocking stuff and to me smacks of Slav saying I need money in January and the two bob Prince saying, you have to sell to loan players in. Imagine the position we will be in next year when Olsen, Davies, Hourihane and Gibbs-White have gone back to parent clubs.
Olsen Davies & Hourihane can fuck off right now , they've been pretty crap

Hecky in until end of 2025/26. I assumed he'd be in as interim but I didn't see that one coming.

Reeks of Hecky until the January transfer window closes, so pauper owner has an excuse not to fund players without losing face.

Gutted about Slav leaving. If he could have built his own team in the summer. A manager at the helm now that’s been sacked by Barnsley and Leeds and one we’ve got rid of who got Fulham and Watford to the Premier. If brains were shit our Board wouldn’t have a sniff.

Looks like Hecky is seen as the long term solution not just caretaker, judging by the language in the club statement.

Back
Top Bottom