Lundstrams replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can he not sign a pre contract agreement in January and move in July ?
I’m not sure tbh, but I think such an arrangement would require all three parties to agree, whilst he’s still a Sheffield United player.

Why would United agree to it, without some financial remuneration ?

I think that arrangement usually involves an immediate loan move to the buying club anyway, doesn’t it?

I’m not sure tbh, but I think such an arrangement would require all three parties to agree, whilst he’s still a Sheffield United player.

Why would United agree to it, without some financial remuneration ?

I think that arrangement usually involves an immediate loan move to the buying club anyway, doesn’t it?
If he is out of contract in the summer then I don’t think United can stop him signing a pre contract, but I am about as sure as a room full of virologists !

I think he can only sign a pre-contract with a foreign club in January.

Current contract expires in 2022
Hope you're right Silent Blade, if so then the balance of power rests with the club. To me the sole reason why Lundstram wants to move is about money. He may well get an extra £5, 10. or even 15 grand per week, but it's all based on there being no transfer fee, hence the explanation for a healthy chunk of money via a signing on fee plus increased wages. There's a long way to go, so whether we get a fee, or decide to play hard-ball with JL, Lundstram isn't in a position to dictate anything.

The sooner he goes the better, but we'd need a decent fee to compensate for his loss.

Hope you're right Silent Blade, if so then the balance of power rests with the club. To me the sole reason why Lundstram wants to move is about money. He may well get an extra £5, 10. or even 15 grand per week, but it's all based on there being no transfer fee, hence the explanation for a healthy chunk of money via a signing on fee plus increased wages. There's a long way to go, so whether we get a fee, or decide to play hard-ball with JL, Lundstram isn't in a position to dictate anything.

The sooner he goes the better, but we'd need a decent fee to compensate for his loss.
Sorry I thought Liaminho9 was talking about Brooks. Lunny's contract expires next summer

Sander berge is Norwoods replacement

I think a Norwood replacement may be more important because sander berge shouldn’t be playing there

Ben Whiteman from Donnie could be a good shout to bring back.
Good player. Very hard to see him cutting it in the Prem realistically. Looks like he'll get a shot in the Championship at some stage though, and good luck to him.

Sander berge is Norwoods replacement

I think a Norwood replacement may be more important because sander berge shouldn’t be playing there
On this note, I think Choudhury at Leicester is a defensive midfielder with huge potential. Proper local lad but getting no games, perhaps could be a loan option next season if Ampadu leaves.

Always thought Whiteman had attributes that would be best suited to a long-term Basham replacement personally.

Captaining them, rescuing tackle, stunning goal and great through balls in the highlights of his last match:

The positions he covers and his attributes seem ideal for us. Just a question if we think he can do it at the top level, or if we can get even better.

I’m a big fan of Josh Da silva at brentford. RCM. He’s a big unit, about 6’3. Great on the ball, a physical presence, likes to get forward. It would be lovely if we went in with 15 or 20 million and got him in January. Would be nice to have two absolute monsters in central midfield with him and Berge.

Captaining them, rescuing tackle, stunning goal and great through balls in the highlights of his last match:

The positions he covers and his attributes seem ideal for us. Just a question if we think he can do it at the top level, or if we can get even better.

might as well have a go for him.

Another one we let go and then spent loads on bringing back! haha

I’m a big fan of Josh Da silva at brentford. RCM. He’s a big unit, about 6’3. Great on the ball, a physical presence, likes to get forward. It would be lovely if we went in with 15 or 20 million and got him in January. Would be nice to have two absolute monsters in central midfield with him and Berge.
He’s left footed he’d be an excellent option on the left if we ever moved on from fleck though.

Anything wrong with going for a player who has actual PL pedigree, rather than a shake of dice punt at a lower league maybe who eventually doesn't play and gets loaned out, like L Freeman?

pommpey

Anything wrong with going for a player who has actual PL pedigree, rather than a shake of dice punt at a lower league maybe who eventually doesn't play and gets loaned out, like L Freeman?

pommpey

Only thing wrong would be the stupidly inflated price tag we'd get stung with when dealing with Premier laegue players, especially 'proven' Premier league players). The price quoted by Arsenal for a loaning of their youngster (cant remember his name) in the summer was crazy. Was it something like £5m for a loan or £15m to buy, even though he's in the last year of his contract? Madness. For that kinda money, and this is just my opinion, but at this moment there's some absolute diamonds to be had in the Championship.

Only thing wrong would be the stupidly inflated price tag we'd get stung with when dealing with Premier laegue players, especially 'proven' Premier league players). The price quoted by Arsenal for a loaning of their youngster (cant remember his name) in the summer was crazy. Was it something like £5m for a loan or £15m to buy, even though he's in the last year of his contract? Madness. For that kinda money, and this is just my opinion, but at this moment there's some absolute diamonds to be had in the Championship.

(Edit) That should have read: 'stupidly inflated prices when dealing with Premier league players...and Brentford'

Ben Whiteman from Donnie could be a good shout to bring back.

Was thinking the same the other day. Should we get relegated, he is a very good shout indeed.

Back
Top Bottom