Lundstrams replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dennis on loan with option to buy this would then need Berge and Ampadu sitting deeper

RND...in at LCM with
Amps at CDM
Sander at RCM
YHIHF
😎🥳😂

Surely Lunny's replacement is Berge, long term we may need a Norwood /Ampadu replacement, but whoever comes in will probably be as cover.

No need to replace JL as Berge looks far far better at RCM than he does at CDM and with Ampadu looking like he did last weekend at CDM it looks like we have found our best 3 once Fleck's fit again.
Agreed it’s much more likely we’ll look to pick up a player who is young and we think we can develop as a cover/competition player rather than an out and out starter and look to address a starting caliber midfielder at CDM in the summer whether that be trying to get ampadu back or a new face.

What we don’t have is a replacement who covers the ground and pitches in with goals. To be fair Lunny isn’t doing the latter this season but look what’s happened to our points tally as a result.

Would love Jed Wallace despite being shotdown for thinking he would have been good for us a couple of windows ago. Sadly I think with him being a attacking chance creating skillful player we wont be on his list.

Jed Wallace :):)

Another championship player ro prepare for next season ?

He will do nothing in the premier, he's not quick enough or skilful enough, he will be just as effective as Osbourn...duracell bunny with no guile

Another championship player ro prepare for next season ?

He will do nothing in the premier, he's not quick enough or skilful enough, he will be just as effective as Osbourn...duracell bunny with no guile
Agreed we have energy and tenacity in midfield already with fleck and Osborn and to an extent Berge. So whilst Lundstram’s replacement can’t be lazy they need to be capable of offering more IMO it needs to be a player with a range of passing and the ability to go long at times and vary the play. I don’t mean long hopeful balls or big floated diagonals but the kind of balls Lundstram himself plays when he’s on song those 40-50 yard daisy cutters when we’re in transition turning the defence and giving players a chance in the channels think Mousset’s goal at Everton away. But that needs to be done on a consistent basis as for who that player is I don’t know but there doesn’t seem to be a standout candidate in the champ atm.

I would happily see his 40 or 50 yard daisy cutters over his field goal attempts that are 40 or 50 yards high and wide.

Would love to know who Lundstram thinks is coming in for him, don't even want to be bitter but the guy isn't a consistent 30+ appearance maker in the Premier League, be lucky to do that in the championship

A senario,later on maybe towards May and June and Jonah finds that no one is interested in taking him at the rate that he and his agent considers what he is worthy of,could he at the last minute elect to sign the contract with us,or would Wilder and Bettis just tell Jonah to clear off. ?

Lunny out, Brooks in, sorted.

As long as a replacement costs nowt .... take your pick .... the longer were at the wrong end of the table we won't attract good players anyway.

Would love to know who Lundstram thinks is coming in for him, don't even want to be bitter but the guy isn't a consistent 30+ appearance maker in the Premier League, be lucky to do that in the championship
Rangers all day long

A senario,later on maybe towards May and June and Jonah finds that no one is interested in taking him at the rate that he and his agent considers what he is worthy of,could he at the last minute elect to sign the contract with us,or would Wilder and Bettis just tell Jonah to clear off. ?
I’m fairly sure that Lundstram and his agent already know exactly who he’s going to sign for, as soon as his contract expires and his proposed salary. I expect that deal is reliant on him being a free agent, so I don’t think he’ll be off the books in January, unless it’s for a nominal fee?

Obviously he is gambling with not getting injured in the next few months.
Despite the criticism on here I still think he is putting in the effort and has probably been our biggest goal threat.

I’m fairly sure that Lundstram and his agent already know exactly who he’s going to sign for, as soon as his contract expires and his proposed salary. I expect that deal is reliant on him being a free agent, so I don’t think he’ll be off the books in January, unless it’s for a nominal fee?
Can he not sign a pre contract agreement in January and move in July ?

Back
Top Bottom