Lundstrams replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah. Cos Watkins isn't worth breaking the bank for, is he.

Oh, hang on ...

pommpey

I was saying that Championship players that are every bit as good as Premier league players can be picked up for half the price. That was my main point. The bit about Brentford was tongue in cheeck. What do you mean when you say 'push the boat out for Oli Watkins' £20m -£25m ? Yes. £30m - £35m - No. Not a fucking chance. Not to that extent. Had the pandemic not hit i mightve thought different though.
If we had Villa's kinda money behind us id probably have wanted to see us sign him. We dont though...for now. Lol.

I was saying that Championship players that are every bit as good as Premier league players can be picked up for half the price. That was my main point. The bit about Brentford was tongue in cheeck. What do you mean when you say 'push the boat out for Oli Watkins' £20m -£25m ? Yes. £30m - £35m - No. Not a fucking chance. Not to that extent. Had the pandemic not hit i mightve thought different though.
Watkins dry bummed Arsenal last night, with a two step run up.

Our strikeforce tends to nod the ball wide, or at the goalie.

pommpey

Watkins dry bummed Arsenal last night, with a two step run up.

Our strikeforce tends to nod the ball wide, or at the goalie.

pommpey

I know mate. £30m-£35m is a gamble Villa could afford to lose though. If we paid that he'd have to come with a gaurantee 😆

I think a lot of our strikers have just forgotten what it's like to score goals. If we went down & came back up then I'd fancy McBurnie & Brewster to do much better.

We've spent on fees but we've kept the wage bill down. The other option was players like Welbeck on Sturridge on silly wages.

Neither way is ideal. But at least we aren't tied in to 3 year deals at wage levels that would bankrupt the club

Does anyone know what cam Brannigan is up too at Oxford ? Was impressed with him last year but haven’t seen anything of him this year .

Matt o’riley at MK dons left footed so more of a generic midfield suggestion great pedigree coming through at Fulham with junior England caps rejected a contract and dropped down to get first team football and still only 20. Great ball retention stats this year in league one playing as a centre mid really good passer but weak in the tackle. Also played 2 games as a 10 where his stats are even better could be a relatively cheap high upside acquisition.

Back
Top Bottom