Lundstram contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
We have the option of a one year extension to Lundsram's contract apparently, so it looks like he will be staying next season. More good news!

Very sensible approach to players and contracts by Wilder and the club. Hopefully too the Duffy situation will make one or two players think twice about the grass being greener.

I'm sure come February this will be all sorted and we will have a happy player on a decent contract for both parties.

Good news, gives us more time to either tie him down to a longer contract or improve the starting eleven by signing a better player in this window/summer.

Hope the stress on John of having to play for the Blades for another 18months, does not affect his performances.

His recent performances have not been upto Johns early season performances,against WHU he looked like he had alot on his mind.

The early season John needs to find himself again.

Think as fans we critique too much on players. The step up is huge from the championship to the premiership. People will come in and out of form and the players who aren’t fans favourite as such bare most of this. Mousset hasn’t been anywhere near his form of some games but gets a free pass.

This is the toughest league in the world with no easy games. Lunny hasn’t played regular football for 2 years now and is getting game time in the prem running more than anyone.

We all agree CW knows his stuff and he wants to keep him. Having a player tied down to a new longer contract protects us as a club. If we were to replace him it would cost millions we tie him down that money can go elsewhere say towards Deano!

Hope the stress on John of having to play for the Blades for another 18months, does not affect his performances.

His recent performances have not been upto Johns early season performances,against WHU he looked like he had alot on his mind.

I think everyone should call him 'John', it's much better than Lundstrum.

I think the problem is some of our fans (me included) never were impressed with Lunny at championship level and this was backed by Wilder not starting him very often.

Now we get to the best league in the world and Lunny is running down his contract. Dont get me wrong he's had a fantastic start to the season, but that's gone abit average now....

I think everyone should call him 'John', it's much better than Lundstrum.
Yeah John's good, but it's not "JL7" good.

I personally think he just needs a couple of weeks off, so I'd bring in Besic until after the winter break and he'd get the best part of 6 weeks to recharge the batteries.

Looked like he a load on his back the way he was moving.

Just guessing but assume Lunny was on 5K in the Championship.
Reckon after promotion he’s now on £10K a week.

Reckon an average PL standard player can command £60K a week.
Lunny has generally shown most of his time at SU that he’s not quite Championship standard, so £5K is probably fair
but in early this season he’s massively improved and shown himself to be PL standard so £60K is fair.
In recent weeks he’s dropped his standards so the questions arise again.

Basically no one has a clue what Lunny’s real standard is.
So giving him another year (on trial) seems sensible. We’ll see next season if he’s the real deal or just a back up squad player.

Great news for the club.

If a deal cant be agreed by the end of the season then we can command a fee.

On the assumption the demands are too much at the moment it becomes a key half of the season for him now. If he raises his performance levels to what we saw at the start of the season then he a) may get the club to move north of it’s original offer or b) Have his agent’s phone ringing all summer.

Same goes for all of the best performers really and there could well be quite a few entering into negotiations in summer.

Doesn't he want to hurry up and sign a new deal or what? He should be feeling lucky he got a chance in the PL after being a squad player last year... He could've still been a Oxford United player in L1 if it weren't for United!

Hope his agent hasn't thought a couple of decent months makes him worth treble (or whatever) his current wage is, he's done well so far and I suspect burnt himself out a bit. No reason he can't get back to the same levels but now isn't the time to be throwing demands about, for further information speak with Duffy's agent

TIN HAT TIME

According to football manager (which isn't usually far from the truth) most of United's players are on between 6-12K. Only ones on more are the new summer signings. Lunny is on around 8K. Robinson, McBurnie & Hendo are the highest earners. Hendo being on 25K.

TIN HAT TIME

According to football manager (which isn't usually far from the truth) most of United's players are on between 6-12K. Only ones on more are the new summer signings. Lunny is on around 8K. Robinson, McBurnie & Hendo are the highest earners. Hendo being on 25K.
Sharp and Norwood will be on at least 15k for starters.

Do you think Sander Berger was one of the options in the summer for Lumstrams position and given the fall off ign form of Lenny we are going back for another go

Attachments

• 15802385931806288499324262469369.jpg
    15802385931806288499324262469369.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 159
  • 15802386114853104649929026007670.jpg
    15802386114853104649929026007670.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 150
TIN HAT TIME

Interesting as I had fm19. And at start of game for last season l the players are on what you say they are here

Surely the highest wage we've paid anyone in the club's history? A loan player! (very good one at that)

I believe James Beattie was on 45k though back in 2009 which would be worth more than that if you consider inflation

He should have been able to buy a lot of lemsip for that!

Henderson is on 50k
Not doubting that he is, just going on what FM says. They are generally in the right area with wages of PL clubs. Some wages in the photos are updated due to new contracts etc but gives a rough idea

Not doubting that he is, just going on what FM says. They are generally in the right area with wages of PL clubs. Some wages in the photos are updated due to new contracts etc but gives a rough idea
No I know. I don’t know their figures to know if they’re right or not I just know what Henderson is on. So as a yardstick that would suggest FM hasn’t quite got it right. Our lot will be on more than 12k, Billy is.

Given how quickly we’ve been willing to let Robinson go out on loan and the potential new midfielders were looking to add. I think Lunny might want to have another think about not signing his offered contract - wilder doesn’t seem the type to hang around....

Back
Top Bottom