'Memries' Doncaster 0 United 1, Feb 13th 2016

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Five years ago today saw our last away game at Donny. Che Adams and Dominic Calvert Lewin played up front, how much would we have to pay to have that pairing again? I wasn't a fan of DCL, I remember thinking how weak and ineffective he looked, I would never have guessed he would become one of England's best strikers.
We won, but we were so poor in the second alf. One other observation; Mike Dean was the re, lowering himself to ref A League One game!

Che Adams and Dominic Calvert Lewin played up front, how much would we have to pay to have that pairing again? I wasn't a fan of DCL, I remember thinking how weak and ineffective he looked, I would never have guessed he would become one of England's best strikers.

Well I don’t think we’d be bottom of the league if we had those two up front!

Agreed about DCL though, doubt many of us believed he’d develop into a prolific PL forward and England international.

A midfield pairing of Hammond and Reed keeping out Basham and Coutts...

Can't even remember DCL playing in a league game for us, the same can't be said for Ironside playing away at Donny in a previous visit.

Loved singing Three Little Birds after full time though, we should do it more often.

I went to Donny on new years day with the hangover from hellsville...0-2 at half time freezing cold .....
Half time couldn't come quick enough ,as I queued for about ten mins for my half time pint I realised I only had a about 50p in cash ....
That finished me off so I bugged out to the beefeater over the road to warm up have a chip butty and a pint .I watched sky sports in relative comfort as the blades fought back to draw 2-2

I went to Donny on new years day with the hangover from hellsville...0-2 at half time freezing cold .....
Half time couldn't come quick enough ,as I queued for about ten mins for my half time pint I realised I only had a about 50p in cash ....
That finished me off so I bugged out to the beefeater over the road to warm up have a chip butty and a pint .I watched sky sports in relative comfort as the blades fought back to draw 2-2
Without looking in record books it may have been 2013....

I remember getting back to the car and hearing Adkins talk about a “battling away performance” on the radio. Remember feeling like he was just conning us. Two poor teams and a game that could have been 1-0 either way.

Five years ago today saw our last away game at Donny. Che Adams and Dominic Calvert Lewin played up front, how much would we have to pay to have that pairing again? I wasn't a fan of DCL, I remember thinking how weak and ineffective he looked, I would never have guessed he would become one of England's best strikers.
We won, but we were so poor in the second alf. One other observation; Mike Dean was the re, lowering himself to ref A League One game!
Worth remembering DCL failing to impress against lg1 opposition when we assess Brewster in a low scoring side v top flight sides. Young players can improve massively.

Worth remembering DCL failing to impress against lg1 opposition when we assess Brewster in a low scoring side v top flight sides. Young players can improve massively.
A very good point 👍

I was at that game and can concur....
1. It was a very poor game
2. DCL was anonymous
3. Louis Reed should have scored after the best bit of football in the entire game.

Back
Top Bottom