Lundstram contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"go to another Premier League team, probably on 10 times his wages".

If he's on £20K/week with us you did.

I'm sorry, can you tell me where I put that about £20k. I didn't think I had said that and clearly this has upset you

I'm sorry, can you tell me where I put that about £20k. I didn't think I had said that and clearly this has upset you

Not upset at all, you didn't quote a salary just that he'd get 10x more but even if he's on £10K/week with us he'd be leaving for £100K/week in your world.

Like I said, really?

Let’s be honest, regardless of who said what if lundstram is already on anything like 20k a week then the last thing he needs is a pay rise.

Just let it fizzle out, the players that want to be here will be and those that don’t will move on.

SUFC will still be here and that’s the main thing.

Norwood and Fleck have made decisions and I guarantee their family, kids and partners were a massive part in their decision Because ultimately they will be happy where they are.

Anyone else feeling they are 'going off' Lunny with this contract unsigned?

If Fleck signed under the current wage structure, a player 10x more instrumental and important than Lunny, then what is keeping Lunny?

I do hope this 'Lord Lundstram' joke after the FPL got his position wrong hasn't somehow gone to his head and he thinks he's the absolute shit for some reason or other.

He's a decent player in the squad. He has admirably worked on his fitness and up to around game 20 had exceeded everyone's expectations of him.

His form has dropped a little since then. And yesterday's performance lacked, if not the work ethic, then the level of focus a player of his ability needs to be showing.

We don't do big time here, so if you're going to stay then stay and knuckle down. If not, then don't irritate the fanbase by asking for ludicrous amounts when you're looking for a transfer.

Game 20 is a stretch, it started at Wolves for me.

I can’t see many crying in our pillows if he does leave, Besic for me is just as good if not better, so I’d sell if he’s not willing to sign.

If he thinks his career is better served elsewhere then 👍🏻

Duffy was an awkward bolshi scouser and I get the impression Lunny is a bit that way too. Hope JOC isn’t too. What we don’t know about the wage structure is whether the figures in the newspapers include bonuses. I am sure the players got a big bonus for winning promotion and will also be on a bonus for staying in the PL and finishing higher up than 17th.
Are there any other types? :D

Not upset at all, you didn't quote a salary just that he'd get 10x more but even if he's on £10K/week with us he'd be leaving for £100K/week in your world.

Like I said, really?

If he said ‘it’s pissing it down outside’ would you go out, collect a glass of rain and check to see if it’s urine? Or would you accept it’s a figure of speech and not meant to be taken literally?

Am I the only one who is still a fan of Lundstram? He improved us against Bournemouth when he came on and scored the winner. Yesterday, I thought the first half he was OK, his performance worsened in the second half. He wasn't the only one though.

Am I the only one who is still a fan of Lundstram? He improved us against Bournemouth when he came on and scored the winner. Yesterday, I thought the first half he was OK, his performance worsened in the second half. He wasn't the only one though.

No I don't think you are but his superbly well taken goal apart I for one thought his cameo against Bournemouth was poor. He was slow in picking up the pace of the game & had quite a few poor touches, misplaced a few passes & gave the ball away as well. It happens & on this occasion can be forgiven because he showed real quality & quick feet for his goal.

I just think it was one of them games last night. We made several changes in key positions and we were managing fine and controlling the game until they scored that penalty. Then they got their mad up and it was hard work even though they weren’t much of a goal threat. Credit to them btw: I thought it was a very good effort by them and they deserved to take it to extra time.

Lundstram, as you correctly said, was ok first half (like the majority of our players) and a bit under par second half (like the majority of our players). He didn’t stand out as being particularly good or bad. Just “middlin”.

I thought only Egan really stood out as having a very good game.

Freeman looked much better in the AM role and Osborn ran his socks off.

Apart from that the only other thing of note was the excellent cheap return bus service from the Nags Head pub. £3.50, and picked up bang outside the pub, dropped off bang outside the ground, No traffic jams, no parking charges, no queue to get out of the car parks at the ground for an hour, and got us back to the pub after the game in time for last orders! 👍

Like I said, really?

My assumption is that Lundstram would be on much less than 10k a week. 5k maximum, but even then I would expect it be less given that he was League One when we signed him and wasn't brought in to be an immediate starter.

My assumption is that Lundstram would be on much less than 10k a week. 5k maximum, but even then I would expect it be less given that he was League One when we signed him and wasn't brought in to be an immediate starter.
Oh, you did mean it literally.

Apologies GRUMPY BLADE, I’ll keep my nose out in future.

Agree with this....I reckon Lunny is one of the lowest paid players at the club....let’s say £8K a week.
Would guess that we see him as a back up player and have offered £15K to £20K a week basic with performance bonuses.

His agent is telling SU that an average PL is paid £50K a week....so we need to be offering close to that figure.
United probably aren’t sure if Lunny is actually PL quality......so don’t want to over pay.
Suspect Lunny’s agent is telling his stock is high and he can easily get £50K joining another PL on a free.

Lets not forget that Lunny wont have made much money from the game because he’s been a lower league player.
The chance of £50K a week over 4 years must be seriously tempting.

If he’s interested in the football he can double his wage and sign for us. If he’s interested in the money then it would be tempting to cash in whilst his reputation is reasonably good. It’s his choice and I don't blame anyone for wanting to be a millionaire.

If he said ‘it’s pissing it down outside’ would you go out, collect a glass of rain and check to see if it’s urine? Or would you accept it’s a figure of speech and not meant to be taken literally?

But was it a figure of speech or was it someones view seen as a fact?

I thought he was really poor last night not the same standard that he started the season with. When we signed Berge it did seem to kick Lunny's arse but Berge isn't yet looking a world beater and once again Lunny's standards have dropped. I'd advise him to sign the contract and get his head down because at the moment he is replaceable, there will not be a huge queue of takers for someone who has only shown for 4months of the season, he either wants to be here or he doesn't up to him really but dragging it out is hardly helping his cause.

Agree with this....I reckon Lunny is one of the lowest paid players at the club....let’s say £8K a week.
Would guess that we see him as a back up player and have offered £15K to £20K a week basic with performance bonuses.

His agent is telling SU that an average PL is paid £50K a week....so we need to be offering close to that figure.
United probably aren’t sure if Lunny is actually PL quality......so don’t want to over pay.
Suspect Lunny’s agent is telling his stock is high and he can easily get £50K joining another PL on a free.

Lets not forget that Lunny wont have made much money from the game because he’s been a lower league player.

If he’s interested in the football he can double his wage and sign for us. If he’s interested in the money then it would be tempting to cash in whilst his reputation is reasonably good. It’s his choice and I don't blame anyone for wanting to be a millionaire.

Maybe he wants to be on John Fleck money but forgets that he isn't John Fleck.

If that’s true, if his agent didn’t negotiate a decent promotion pay rise in his contract and is now telling him he can get him £50k a week then his agent needs to provide him with a concrete offer. Although if I was playing in the PL and only earning £8k a week I’d have sacked my agent already.

Oh, you did mean it literally.

Apologies GRUMPY BLADE, I’ll keep my nose out in future.

Well it wasn't that literal. I never even considered that he might be on 20k or thought that any one else would. Just thought he would be around the 5k mark or a bit lower. At the end of the day we signed him as backup when we came out of League One and were being pretty frugal.

I don’t disagree and if that’s his choice then goodbye and good luck to him. But what we won’t be doing is pandering to his demands to stay simply because he’s an average player and we won’t be breaking our wage structure to keep him.

It would be a shame to lose him. He’s only young still and has shown that he can score goals from midfield. He scored our first PL goal v Palace, scored v Burnley and his finish against Bournemouth was really clever. If he can add consistency to his game he is definitely an asset. However as CW and Bettis have said we have a wage structure and he will have to fit within that. Flecks has signed a new deal (which presumably fits the structure) so there seems to be no reason why Lunny shouldn’t. If he doesn’t like it he will be booted out I expect. Interestingly there are a number of other first team regulars who we are told are having contract talks. Let’s hope some of those sign new deals soon. That will stop Lunny being disruptive hopefully. I don’t think what he appears to be doing is good for dressing room solidarity.

Just a thought, but i thought the whole right hand side of our team had an off-night, including Bash & Baldock. Maybe the changes in resting Norwood / Fleck affected our passing although I acknowledge that the left hand side coped better.

Regarding contract extension of one of the players:

Chris Wilder: “We hopefully might have a bit of news in the next 48 hours about one of our players. That'll be another one ticked off. It does take time but I'll say the same things. I believe all the boys we're talking to want to commit. If we can keep ticking them off, one by one, week by week, then I'll be delighted."

Is it lunny?

Back
Top Bottom