CONFIRMED Luke Thomas - Season Long Loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sending him back is saying to the recruitment team he is not good enough you have made a mistake. But now go and find us a keeper 🙈

Even if it’s this 3rd choice keeper I just hope it’s a wilder/knill signing and he’s decent, please don’t let Paul Mitchell chose the keeper!
Wasn't he signed as Lowe got a injury and RND was months away from fitness and it was obvious Larouci wasn't good enough

Wasn't he signed as Lowe got a injury and RND was months away from fitness and it was obvious Larouci wasn't good enough
Doesn’t matter when he was signed, whoever decided he was good enough after watching him play have their eyes painted on. Useless.

Recruitment team made a mistake with Larouchi and were given the task of finding a replacement and they then doubled down on their balls up and found someone worse.

Sending him back is saying to the recruitment team he is not good enough you have made a mistake. But now go and find us a keeper 🙈

Even if it’s this 3rd choice keeper I just hope it’s a wilder/knill signing and he’s decent, please don’t let Paul Mitchell chose the keeper!
I don't think it is mate. He was signed when we were desperate for a left back, right at towards the end of the transfer window. He was the best we could get at the time. Now things are changing it's just a case of wheeling and dealing, we might sacrifice him for a loan in a different area of the pitch.

Well, that is how I would play the rhetoric if I was involved in managing/recruiting ;-)

I don't think it is mate. He was signed when we were desperate for a left back, right at towards the end of the transfer window. He was the best we could get at the time. Now things are changing it's just a case of wheeling and dealing, we might sacrifice him for a loan in a different area of the pitch.

Well, that is how I would play the rhetoric if I was involved in managing/recruiting ;-)
Don’t agree, yes we were desperate for a left back but he was not the only left back available for a loan, don’t forget he was just warming the bench and not deemed good enough for the 1st team in the championship, there is tons of players warming benches not to mention top young talent for the big clubs getting sent out on loans. Not a chance he was the best we could get I’d say after watching him there is better players down in L1.

I think it’s pretty obvious he was chosen by our recruitment team as he was an easy option as he was available and had premier league experience which is a massive plus, they took that over his actually ability which for a recruitment team is laughable.

Let’s hope we get the keeper signing right.

Or it says we don't need 300 left backs now players are returning to fitness. Where the team got it wrong or where Hecky got it wrong is wasting a domestic loan on a left back that was only here to cover Lowe and RND being injured.

Hecky fucked up with Larouci, then wasted an important loan trying to make amends.
Even if he wasn't useless, RND is back and we really need that domestic loan spot, and we need to pull this one off!
I dont buy into the whole "we need to keep him now Lowe is injured" either, he's always injured, plus Robbo, Trusty and Osborn can all do a job there.

Hecky fucked up with Larouci, then wasted an important loan trying to make amends.
Even if he wasn't useless, RND is back and we really need that domestic loan spot, and we need to pull this one off!
I dont buy into the whole "we need to keep him now Lowe is injured" either, he's always injured, plus Robbo, Trusty and Osborn can all do a job there.

Was he really Hecky's choice?, genuine question.

I thought Trusty looked really good at left back.

Was he really Hecky's choice?, genuine question.

Yes, I don't get this notion that every player we sign is thrust upon the manager against their will.

It is possible that Hecky made some shit choices himself on the recruitment front.

Yes, I don't get this notion that every player we sign is thrust upon the manager against their will.

It is possible that Hecky made some shit choices himself on the recruitment front.
Wait you think Hecky went out and scouted a player in the second tier of French football? Don’t talk daft it’s a Paul Mitchell signing clearly. The chances are a scout in UW first saw him and put together a dossier on him which will have landed with Paul Mitchell who will have then done his own work on the player including watching him in the flesh. Once he thinks he is good enough and could do a job for us he will then recommend the signing to the manager and board. That player will be signed if it makes sense all round and no one says no, vetoes the player for whatever reason. With a signing like this one the manager has to have faith in his head of recruitment because why would he be paid handsomely if he is not trusted.

Wait you think Hecky went out and scouted a player in the second tier of French football? Don’t talk daft it’s a Paul Mitchell signing clearly. The chances are a scout in UW first saw him and put together a dossier on him which will have landed with Paul Mitchell who will have then done his own work on the player including watching him in the flesh. Once he thinks he is good enough and could do a job for us he will then recommend the signing to the manager and board. That player will be signed if it makes sense all round and no one says no, vetoes the player for whatever reason. With a signing like this one the manager has to have faith in his head of recruitment because why would he be paid handsomely if he is not trusted.
A Paul Mitchell signing? I highly doubt he's in charge of recruitment and what's more likely to know french football a ex chesterfield scout or United world which is built to find overseas players?

Doesn’t matter when he was signed, whoever decided he was good enough after watching him play have their eyes painted on. Useless.

Recruitment team made a mistake with Larouchi and were given the task of finding a replacement and they then doubled down on their balls up and found someone worse.
Lads an England under 21 international
Larouchi played for France at same level
Both players have looked much much better under wilder

A Paul Mitchell signing? I highly doubt he's in charge of recruitment and what's more likely to know french football a ex chesterfield scout or United world which is built to find overseas players?
What? He is head of recruitment/head scout, that is literally his job. And you didn’t read my post properly as I clearly said it was likely a UW scout that saw him first which will have the been passed on to Paul Mitchell for him to do his job, what he is actually paid for.

What? He is head of recruitment/head scout, that is literally his job. And you didn’t read my post properly as I clearly said it was likely a UW scout that saw him first which will have the been passed on to Paul Mitchell for him to do his job, what he is actually paid for.
Granted we don't know how he worked until hecky but with Wilder he wasn't doing the signing and there's no evidence to suggest that changed ?

Granted we don't know how he worked until hecky but with Wilder he wasn't doing the signing and there's no evidence to suggest that changed ?
With Wilder back in League 1 he knew the standard and the players around that level and could see himself who he wanted even though PM would still be having a major input. As you progress in standard then that is where your recruitment team comes into play and you have to trust them, yes you will if possible go and watch them if you can like he did with Berge but ultimately Paul Mitchell will sit down with the manager and go through prepared videos of a player and basically sell him to the manager. The manager can easily say I don’t fancy him but often will trust the recruitment team when names are put forward. For instance if Wilder said I need a left back Paul Mitchell would put together a scouting package on 2 or 3 players. The manager would go over them and choose who he thinks is best suited. So whether the manager trusts the recruitment team or ultimately picks 1 out of 2-3 players himself they are still players that are initially picked by Paul Mitchell. It’s his job and he gets paid big bucks for it.

Recently one of the first video interviews Wilder did when he was reappointment was to praise Paul Mitchell and how he had so much respect for him. Paul Mitchell is trusted and for me unwisely because I don’t think he is upto the job at a high level.

With Wilder back in League 1 he knew the standard and the players around that level and could see himself who he wanted even though PM would still be having a major input. As you progress in standard then that is where your recruitment team comes into play and you have to trust them, yes you will if possible go and watch them if you can like he did with Berge but ultimately Paul Mitchell will sit down with the manager and go through prepared videos of a player and basically sell him to the manager. The manager can easily say I don’t fancy him but often will trust the recruitment team when names are put forward. For instance if Wilder said I need a left back Paul Mitchell would put together a scouting package on 2 or 3 players. The manager would go over them and choose who he thinks is best suited. So whether the manager trusts the recruitment team or ultimately picks 1 out of 2-3 players himself they are still players that are initially picked by Paul Mitchell. It’s his job and he gets paid big bucks for it.

Recently one of the first video interviews Wilder did when he was reappointment was to praise Paul Mitchell and how he had so much respect for him. Paul Mitchell is trusted and for me unwisely because I don’t think he is upto the job at a high level.
I saw something the other day that Man United were looking to Paul Mitchell to be involved in their player recruitment... Am I missing something or are there 2 of them as he doesn't seem to have set the world alight with our signings?!

I saw something the other day that Man United were looking to Paul Mitchell to be involved in their player recruitment... Am I missing something or are there 2 of them as he doesn't seem to have set the world alight with our signings?!
Different Paul Mitchell

Mitchell himself works under a remit from the ownership. During Wilder's first spell, manager and head of recruitment clearly worked very closely together to identify players and I strongly suspect that in some instances Wilder just said "I want this player" and Mitchell played relatively little role (Ramsdale and Brewster possibly being examples). After Wilder left the managers (Slav and Hecky) have had less clout and the ownership has felt freer to implement their preferred recruitment model--young players from outside the UK with development and resale potential. Mitchell will have been told to work within that framework and may even be having players recommended (possibly strongly recommended) by those associated with the ownership and United World. I reckon that's what happened last summer.

I thought Trusty looked really good at left back.
Trusty has been fine at left back when we've been defending. The issue is that against Luton side employing a low block and expecting us to do the attacking he looked exactly what he is: a centre half playing at full back. Playing Trusty at LB against Luton (and playing a flat 4 in the middle with Hamer lost at LM) is the main tactical error Wilder has made since he's returned.

Back
Top Bottom