CONFIRMED Luke Thomas - Season Long Loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

well hopefully we are ready to splash some cash on creativity/muscle at the top of the pitch then.
If we were only going for loans in attacking positions prior to this deal what makes you think we will now suddenly be spending big?

We don’t play with “traditional” full backs or wing backs and our manager doesn’t really think he can adapt for one of the other roles in our setup

So it is pretty much either he leaves or sits on our bench/out of the squad all season barely playing
What’s your opinion of him?

Maybe weird but I was hoping we’d get someone a bit older, quite a few young lads in that team now. Any particular reason why Leicester don’t view him as good enough to be playing for them? Good LWB’s seem hard to come by though, we just need someone steady tbh.
Couple of odd transfers and players out of favour at Leicester this summer. They signed Souttar in January and he's not in this new managers plans apparently. They've been playing Callum Doyle at LB I think.

We don’t play with “traditional” full backs or wing backs and our manager doesn’t really think he can adapt for one of the other roles in our setup

So it is pretty much either he leaves or sits on our bench/out of the squad all season barely playing
Excuse my ignorance, but if you have neither full nor wing backs, what does your formation look like?

Are you kicking it old-school like this?

1693405022038.png

Looks a solid signing if true and fits the age range

Excuse my ignorance, but if you have neither full nor wing backs, what does your formation look like?

Are you kicking it old-school like this?

View attachment 169737
We have players in the right back and left back positions when we defend but as we have a lot of possession in games they don’t play like normal full backs

Defending:

Ricardo, Faes, Vestergaard, Doyle

Winks

Attacking:

Faes, Vestergaard, Doyle

Ricardo, Winks

The problem with Thomas is that he isn’t suited to playing the left centre back role we use Doyle in, or the centre mid role that Ricardo moves into

Obviously he would be fine when we are defending, but he would be a weakness for us when in possession which is a lot of the time in our games

What’s your opinion of him?
I honestly think he is a bit lightweight and raw

He has had some good games for us, but he has also had some really really bad games where he needed to be hooked at half time

He isn’t that attacking, he won’t be bombing down the wing or overlapping or anything, but I do think he has some decent crossing ability to him

It hasn’t helped that he never really got a good run of games under Rodgers, but he definitely needs to bulk up a bit

So does this mean we can only have one Premier League loan now?

He has had some good games for us, but he has also had some really really bad games where he needed to be hooked at half time

He isn’t that attacking, he won’t be bombing down the wing or overlapping or anything, but I do think he has some decent crossing ability to him

It hasn’t helped that he never really got a good run of games under Rodgers, but he definitely needs to bulk up a bit
Do you like sheffield united

Sounds more like a full back than a wing-back? Would he offer anything going forward?
I dont mind that ,we are shipping goals in from the left hand side .Only young but he has lots of experience and if he is a hit he could be available at the end of his loan . If we get McAtee he will be ok in the attack on the left .Read that Man U was thinking about him to cover for their injured left back Shaw so he cant be bad just hope he does not get bloody injured like our other left backs .

Another snubs Leeds for us then it seems! I wonder if Leeds fans are getting miffed that players are choosing us over them! Bit like us with Villa a couple of years back. Well, they've had it the other way round for too long that's for sure, you could virtually select a complete Leeds team full of players they bought from us. Beesley was knackered when he went there so was less bothered on him going, but Deane, Currie, Sabella, Jones to name a few, they were our best players at the time, albeit most of that list was before my time but you don't to be a fan then to know Currie, Jones and Sabella were our best players, hence the move.

Even Agana went to Leeds after he left us, only on loan though. There's a photo on the net of him in Leeds kit🤮

He played a lot for Leicester though, well 50 plus times I think it is according to Wikipedia. So presumably he can't be too bad. I don't mind less attacking because in our current position we just need people who can defend than we do attack in terms of defenders anyway. Sounds like a move might be the best thing for him.

I’m all for this signing - arguably the best option we could have gone for. However it seems fair to say that Thomas has either lost his way, or failed to live up to Leicester fans’ initial expectations. But a better option than Lowe and Larouchi, surely.

Fingers crossed. When fans get on your back, especially as a young lad, a change of scenery can do wonders.

Another snubs Leeds for us then it seems! I wonder if Leeds fans are getting miffed that players are choosing us over them! Bit like us with Villa a couple of years back. Well, they've had it the other way round for too long that's for sure, you could virtually select a complete Leeds team full of players they bought from us. Beesley was knackered when he went there so was less bothered on him going, but Deane, Currie, Sabella, Jones to name a few, they were our best players at the time, albeit most of that list was before my time but you don't to be a fan then to know Currie, Jones and Sabella were our best players, hence the move.

Even Agana went to Leeds after he left us, only on loan though. There's a photo on the net of him in Leeds kit🤮
Gary Hamson

Yes I remember every one of them going .How nice to think the tables have turned. I bet they are getting really pissed off with us . ha ha .

Back
Top Bottom