Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£5m would be a steal really. We paid more a year ago.

We've had to adapt in the season and LOB didn't come in and dominate early on so missed out in favour of people we needed like kouyate. It is conceivable that Cooper feels he can get him into the team now it is more settled so we'll see

Not sure what his pre season will be like as he is in MLS so can imagine it could drag on till a few other things are decided

Good player O'Brien, and I'd be delighted if we sign him. But he certainly ain't a 20 million player.

Best midfielder in the championship last season @ 23 I’d say that’s worth £20 mill

How many would you be expecting from our main forward this season?
well i think we need our main goalscorer to get 10/12 goals next season that could be nidaye but i favour either playing in a 3511 formation behind a loan striker or my prefered set up 3421 for nidaye as one of the 2 behind the striker with berge still think we need 2 strikers i just cant see either mcburnie or brewster cutting it at this level

Lewis O’Brien could make the switch from Nottingham Forest to Sheffield United

From those clips , Traore looks an exciting prospect and signing any two of those three would be a major step forward in enhancing our prospects for next season .

If we're still hoping for McAtee on loan that again points to Doyle possibly coming in permanently

If we could get these three in that would be excellent
Doyle, triore & obrien perm
Mcatee & archer loan

Reckon that’s half the starting 11 all young and with something to prove

Should the worse happen they get us back up or have a good resale value

Add a couple of freebies, don’t lose Illy or Berge and that presents a great opportunity to hit mid table

Mcatee & archer loan

Add a couple of freebies, don’t lose Illy or Berge and that presents a great opportunity to hit mid table
I’d be happy with those…Especially Archer.
Ooops! I’ve just woken up.

Mcatee & archer loan

Apparently Archer isn't being made available for loan - Villa are intent on keeping him until at least Jan as he qualifies as a 'home grown' player.

Pity if so - I think he'd be perfect for next season and Utd a good destination for his development.

Apparently Archer isn't being made available for loan - Villa are intent on keeping him until at least Jan as he qualifies as a 'home grown' player.

Pity if so - I think he'd be perfect for next season and Utd a good destination for his development.
interesting to see how that pans out, they are going for/signed some top players, tielemans, Torres, Zanilo - having had success playing for boro, a step up to an EPL side would be good for him and his development- like mcatee if he stays will only be occasional sub outing

I read about “personal terms agreed, just waiting for clubs to agree a fee” and wonder how can the club agree with a player before they’re given permission - we’ll it’s obvs I know, maybe we need to play dirty a bit and get in his ear

Sometimes think we’re taking a boxing glove to a gun fight in the prem

yes would have loved archer but looking obvious now that villa are not going to release him he would have been at another club by now if they were for what its worth i think our 2 premier league loans will be tommy doyle and mason holgate

What a waste of Archer that is. Fucking Villa becoming Chelsea

It would be the perfect loan for us. But if we end up with McAtee and Traore to go with Ndiaye I'll be surprised and very pleased

Would not expect any sort of proven CF to come in then though

Think it remains to be seen. They can promote a youngster instead to meet the homegrown quota.

Got to admire the way Forest are prepared to completely fuck with O'Brien's life.

Voluntarily signed him, only to sign so many they decided to not even register him, this costing him half a season of his career.

Then gets shipped to the US as they can't even properly find him a home in the JTW.

While everyone else is in pre-season he's still batting on in the States and will only be done by July, when most others are returning to training after a break.

So having screwed him there of a year, knackered his pre-season, they then want to rule out potential suitors because it may improve a rival. That's a player who they deem not good enough for their own 23!

From Yorkshire Live about O'Brien
"Not only must Paul Heckingbottom wait to discover what his opposite number, Steve Cooper, plans to do with the 24-year-old when he returns from his stint Stateside, but they may also have to go on the charm offensive to get him out of the City Ground."
"He was left in limbo after a deadline day move to Blackburn fell down at the last minute"
Prepare for this to rumble on all Summer and then 'fall through'.
I'd have said 'fuck it' at the charm offensive but chuck in that they are likely going to screw us around messing up our recruitment bollocks to them.
He's not that good anyway.

Forest also fucking owe us one. We helped them get promoted by giving them more tickets than we needed to. And then they allowed their fans on the pitch to assault our players. There should be no basis for animosity towards us on their part

If they want to fuck us around too much we should move on before the start of the season and sign Sam Field instead

Got to admire the way Forest are prepared to completely fuck with O'Brien's life.

Voluntarily signed him, only to sign so many they decided to not even register him, this costing him half a season of his career.

I must have missed the part where they weren't paying him

i think he would be a very good signing for us but forest arnt gonna do us any favours they know were one of their big rivals for survival next season their more likely to tout him to blackburn again in the championship will be suprised if this one goes through now

I know there's talk of him returning there for pre season, but being realistic there's no chance he's part of their 25 man squad, and it's in nobody's interest he's sat twiddling his thumbs.

The question for Forest will be whether they'd rather loan him to a Championship club, or sell him to United for £5m.

Probably no rush from Forest's perspective, and there's always a chance Leicester/Leeds also try and buy him permanently, letting them avoid having to sell to relegation rivals.

I know there's talk of him returning there for pre season, but being realistic there's no chance he's part of their 25 man squad, and it's in nobody's interest he's sat twiddling his thumbs.

The question for Forest will be whether they'd rather loan him to a Championship club, or sell him to United for £5m.

Probably no rush from Forest's perspective, and there's always a chance Leicester/Leeds also try and buy him permanently, letting them avoid having to sell to relegation rivals.
they wont sell him to us for 5m think 8m is the starting point just dont think they would sell to a possible relegation rival

It's an appalling stance from them really. His level is bottom half prem, top half championship. If they insist on only selling him to a club they won't be competing with, they're negatively impacting his career. It's situations like this that turn sour, if I was him I'd be kicking off.

Last edited:
It's an appealing stance from them really. His level is bottom half prem, top half championship. If they insist on only selling him to a club they won't be competing with, they're negatively impacting his career. It's situations like this that turn sour, if I was him I'd be kicking off.
All speculation at this point anyway though. It's ridiculous to think they could make a profit, or even avoid a loss on him. Moving him on at half the fee they paid would seem pretty reasonable (to me) for someone that factually didn't make their 25 man squad.

Equally I'll be amazed if he wants to stay at Forest after that treatment.

Plus I'd assume he's in easy commuting distance to Shirecliffe. Also it'll be between us and Luton in the Prem. Southampton even further South. Leeds or Leicester, ok, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom