Match Thread Leicester City v. Sheffield United - 14th March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone saying this result is because wilder isn’t here is on Deludemol, a performance like this has been coming all season since the last time we got dicked 4-1 By chelsea, with a better line up may I add. The tactical approach and build up to this game would have been decided early last week not by the board or the caretaker boss on Friday. That performance was what happens when a couple of days before a game you lose someone you look up to. Nothing more nothing less.

Missed the game as always, dare I ask for a succint summing up?!

Sounds like we we're dogger today?!
Same owd, same owd with an added bonus feature of the players chucking it in, hence the 5-0.

that was depressing & empty as i expected. surprised it was 5-0 as i went back to F1 Testing at 3-0

but im not surprised about the nothingness. because I would have been exactly the same. the whole motivation had gone. because of that mental decision that i still cant fathom

Really? He was as pathetic as the rest. Not even sure he's championship quality currently. Yes he's not as shit as he was earlier in the season, but he's still premier league standard.
Could have been more if it wasn't for Ramsdale, could have been less if he had better players in front of him.

£45 million on the bench!!! Is just one of many big reasons for this abortion of a season.
There's 2 ways to look at recruitment.
1. If you won't pay the wages eventually you will get relegated. Said this pre-season. No manager can continue working miracles on a shoestring. The board is responsible for this.
2. We have spent £100 million at least on players that can't demand a first team spot. Been some awful recruitment. CW must take blame for this.
Yes both Wilder and the board must take responsibility, the board on wages and wilder on his terrible, less than average recruitment. Burke ffs, Lowe ffs, Boogle, Bryan ffs, Lunny ffs, Robinson, Moose ffs, Brewster!
Never thought I would say this, but also Wilder who chickened out, ran away from finishing the season for the supporters. Bet he’s really proud tonight of what he has done😡

1 game down and 9 to go and the plan to play so utterly pathetically, incompetently and cowardly that no one will sign any of our players is going well. Apart from Ramsdale who deserves sacking for having the nerve to look like a professional footballer. Should have been 10.

PH first day with the team and I bet he wishes he hadn't bothered.

Ramsdale - 9 - One incredibly finger-tipped save and kept Vardy out a few other times with good one on one stops
Stevens - 4 - Usual self but a bit shitter
Bryan - 2 - Gets 2 because he made some good interceptions and kept going but made 4 or 5 shambolic decisions which were ridiculous. Not Championship standard.
Ampadu - 3 - Made 2 or 3 really idiotic choice but made some good block and tackles as well. Can't fault his trying
Bash - 3.5 - Vardy mugged him several times. Seemed to not comprehend that he might go left. Kept doing it. At least tried to get forward
Baldock - 3 - Shocking lack of strength for their 5th and gave the ball away too often. Loses a point for diving like a wanker.
Jimmy Fleck - 3 - Lost the ball repeatedly with a run everyone saw coming. Got a couple of free kicks as well. Far too slow. Kept taking too long on the ball
Norwood - 4 - Made a few last gasp blocks and tackles but also gave the ball away stupidly on a few occasions
Lundstram - 4.5 - I saw him sprint first half. Didn't last. Looked a bit less shit than usual, but still shit
Burke - -1 - I suspect this was a one-man performative art demonstration. Trotted around. Jogged towards a man and then stop when he got close enough to tackle. Looked like he'd never played football before when we had the ball. Embarrassingly shit again. Didn't even compete for one ball. First ever minus score for an anti-footballer. How has he earned so much money? He looks like a lad who had had his memory wiped and has no idea what to do.
Sharp - 4 - Had little to go off and not very good with it but at least tried and was the only striker on the pitch most of the game. Won a few free kicks

Subs

Mousset - 1 - Ambled around a bit. When the ball came to him it bounced off him. Jumped up a couple of times. Not close enough to the ball to win a header. Looked largely disinterested but had no service
Ndiaye - 5 -Not really on enough to have much influence but gets a 5 for looking like he wanted to be there. The only positive is that he's had his debut.

Heck - Only joined up with the team today so I'm assuming that Knill's team and tactics.

Leicester - Looked like a team a bit unsure of themselves until we rolled the red carpet out. Quick and incisive going forward. I vaguley remember what that looks like.

£45 million on the bench!!! Is just one of many big reasons for this abortion of a season.
There's 2 ways to look at recruitment.
1. If you won't pay the wages eventually you will get relegated. Said this pre-season. No manager can continue working miracles on a shoestring. The board is responsible for this.
2. We have spent £100 million at least on players that can't demand a first team spot. Been some awful recruitment. CW must take blame for this.
Along with item 1. He’s used his wage budget on vanity projects such as Rodwell and Morrison.

Not sure how much you expect Heckingbottom to change in 24 hours? They will have just gone with what they'd worked on with the coaching staff all week, if the players can't be arsed there's not much he can do about that. At least give him a week to work on something new...
As before, the post wasn’t meant to highlight Heckingbottom, it was to highlight Wilder

Yes both Wilder and the board must take responsibility, the board on wages and wilder on his terrible, less than average recruitment. Burke ffs, Lowe ffs, Boogle, Bryan ffs, Lunny ffs, Robinson, Moose ffs, Brewster!
Never thought I would say this, but also Wilder who chickened out, ran away from finishing the season for the supporters. Bet he’s really proud tonight of what he has done😡
Don't forget Rodwell... Who's he😊

Only positive I can see at the moment is Chelsea being over confident next week expecting a win and fielding a load of U23's and by some miracle we win. After todays effort no team is going to think we will put up a fight which might be their undoing.

Only positive I can see at the moment is Chelsea being over confident next week expecting a win and fielding a load of U23's and by some miracle we win. After todays effort no team is going to think we will put up a fight which might be their undoing.
After today I think we should field our U23s in certain areas, better chance of winning.

Well, there you go. I had forecast 6-0 simply due to fact that half the players are likely to be in mourning and the other half are probably beyond caring about this road crash of a season.

We're back on the 15 years-long Premiership to lower leagues and back helter-skelter.

I wish I could say enjoy the ride and actually mean it.

Storm clouds ahead.

Clouds & Rainbows.png

Last edited:
Today was truly awful

Fortunately there is an awesome reggae thread to delve further into along with whatever has been growing in my cellar for the last three months.

Not sure how much you expect Heckingbottom to change in 24 hours? They will have just gone with what they'd worked on with the coaching staff all week, if the players can't be arsed there's not much he can do about that. At least give him a week to work on something new...
Exactly mate. Yeah a 5-0 defeat in ya first game in charge isnt good. But he's hardly had anytime with the players to prepare. Plus the system and training will have been done by CW/AK. Let him have a full week training with them, hopefully change a few things round, and see how it goes. If it's not going well then start having a go at him. At the end of the day we all want what's best for our beloved Blades. UTB 🔴⚪🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom