Left us in the shite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone blaming Ndiaye for this is absolutely laughable. The club has been run like a corner shop not a professional football club. Leadership from the top is a joke. Ndiaye should have been tied down a long time ago.

We will lose other promising youth for next to nowt, and Berge. But I guess that's all Ndiayes fault too?

I’m standing by the total lack of ambition.
FFP, chucking money at things. That is exactly what clubs with ambition are doing.

We haven’t got any money and so no chance of doing anything. That’s why he probably sees Marseille as a better option.

OK......................

So how do we 'chuck money at things', when in your next sentence you acknowledge 'we havent got any money' ??

You are also suggesting we ignore FFP, as that what other clubs are doing?

The Prince has been quite clear that he doenst have money to throw at us, as such he is trying to sell, hopefully to someone who does.

We walked down 'Spash the cash Avenue' the last time, and we ended up with a load of players who wernt very good, on high wages and that led to this years transfer embargo, which is one step from going into administration

Personally I would rather we lose Illy, as I support the club,not the player - this isnt Tennis.

Newcastle had years of Ashley before the Saudi's turned up.
Before Mansour arrived, Man City were a bit shit.

We dont have a divine right to be a loaded money bags club, one day maybe we will, but until then stop throwing paddys, its life

Bought for nowt.

Excelled on the pitch.

Sold for c £20m
(According to Sky just now).

We fucked up with his contract. No doubt. But equally we can’t force the player to sign it.

While I genuinely believe the kid is a £50m footballer, getting £20m NOW when he would be free to talk to other clubs in 5 short months is very very good, assuming the player ain’t signing a new contract.

I just wish that we start to go down the Brentford / Brighton model where we do consider the financial implications of transfers more than we did last time out in the PL, cos we just can’t afford to compete if the circa £140m spent during this period on the likes of McB, Brew, Mouse, Freeman, Robinson, Burke, Berge, Ossie et al ultimately recoup us next door to fuck all !!!

It’s untenable.

UTB
Why is it

Running down his contract,
Talking to one or two,
It looked good,
It seemed fine,
Illi was signing on the dotted line,
Now he’s no longer wearing 29,
But stop roaring because we’ll be fine,
We’ve got Brewster and someone else who might shine,
Fuck me I need some wine.

Last edited:
Running down his contract,
Talking to one or two,
It looked good,
It seemed fine,
Illi had the contract and was signing on the dotted line,
Now he’s no longer wearing 29,
But stop roaring because we’ll be fine,
We’ve got Brewster and someone else who might shine,
Fuck me I need some wine.
Very good lol

Anyone blaming Ndiaye for this is absolutely laughable. The club has been run like a corner shop not a professional football club. Leadership from the top is a joke. Ndiaye should have been tied down a long time ago.

We will lose other promising youth for next to nowt, and Berge. But I guess that's all Ndiayes fault too?
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...d-united-plan-for-life-after-star-man-4237162 agreed a deal then u-turned at the last minute. Yes I agree we should have tied him up sooner but the last minute u-turn doesnt look good does it? Even did a video for the 10 shirt.

It's not good what Ndiaye has done to us, and the details of this video announcement tops it off. Absolutely no special reverence for him from me. Just another ex player to add to the list. Same as MGW. Great comparison actually

If the bit about the video etc is true then I have lost a lot of respect for him. He drifts into the Ramsdale category for me, despite not actually downing tools like he did.

If the club didn't have anything serious to say with the contract offer (which, given our financial position at the time, appears likely), then wasting the player's time with pathetic contract offers is exactly that
Prey tell. What did we offer him? What were the terms? How much per week? From where I sit, PH has repeatedly been saying for a year or so that his agent has refused to discuss terms.

If the bit about the video etc is true then I have lost a lot of respect for him. He drifts into the Ramsdale category for me, despite not actually downing tools like he did.
Flipped flopped for sure making it worse for Hecky in preseason. Intended to leave all along is what is coming out bit by bit. Sounds like him and is agent sorted it with Marseille some time ago despite new lucrative contract with all the get out clauses

Anyone blaming Ndiaye for this is absolutely laughable.
Hi Stegosaurus here

He should have just said he's leaving. Not pulled the charade getting Billy's shirt and thong to wear and teasing he was resigning.

Give Hecky notice to start sourcing a replacement

I'm pretty sure his agent is the one who made sure the move went ahead, like they say, show me the motive 💰💰💰 and I'll show you the action

Prey tell. What did we offer him? What were the terms? How much per week? From where I sit, PH has repeatedly been saying for a year or so that his agent has refused to discuss terms.

I don't know and neither do you, but I'm going to have a fair guess that we would not have been in a position twelve months ago to offer anything remotely close to a reasonable contract offer. If you're arguing that we didn't make any offer at all then, I'm just going off of Stan saying "Illy got offered contract talks before the beginning of last season"

I don't know and neither do you, but I'm going to have a fair guess that we would not have been in a position twelve months ago to offer anything remotely close to a reasonable contract offer. If you're arguing that we didn't make any offer at all then, I'm just going off of Stan saying "Illy got offered contract talks before the beginning of last season"
I’m going off what PH has consistently said, that negotiations never took place because Ndiaye wasn’t interested in a new deal.

I’m going off what PH has consistently said, that negotiations never took place because Ndiaye wasn’t interested in a new deal.

That may well be the case. Can understand that from Ndiaye's point of view to be honest - we weren't in the position to offer anything remotely close to reasonable right up until the final whistle of the West Brom game

That may well be the case. Can understand that from Ndiaye's point of view to be honest - we weren't in the position to offer anything remotely close to reasonable right up until the final whistle of the West Brom game
Genuinely, I think we always had a small chance of keeping him. Could the club have acted earlier? Yeah maybe, but I haven’t seen anything that convinced me that he would have signed outside of an irresponsible offer.

Ndiaye can p*ss off and for me now he doesn't exist he is just like the rest of the nobodies that walked out on our club.

That said the club are to blame for this situation his contract should have been sorted out well before now.

This is what happens when you are run by penny pinching short sighted morons with zero ambition.
Fuck him

Eh there's only one player that stood by us , and he was the best by a long way , Woody , and they didn't even name a part of the ground after him , wankers sufc !!!

I concur...unless he's about to announce major investment from some consortium. One can only dream of such things.

Footballers aren't the sharpest tools in the box, hence why they have agent to act on their behalf. The rest of us in the real world send a CV off hoping to hear back.

Agents on the other hand are smart, conniving snakes who "act on their client's behalf" but are essentially just the same as estate agents and recruitment consultants who see someone or something that they can use for their own personal gain and will force the issue until they get what they want. Great if you're actively seeking to change something but they often get their claws in to get you to do what they want, even if it's not really what you 100% want to do.

Iliman Ndiaye is a young man who will have noise coming in all directions from various people who think they know what's best for him whether that's his family, wife, agent, Prince Abdullah, people at Marseille and likely won't know what is the best thing to do and in the end, he probably just went with pure gut feel.

A few questions to consider:

Does he want to spend his time playing in a relegation battle next season? Doubtful.
Does he want to cut his losses and play for someone half decent now rather than wait a year to do it? Probably.
Can he improve any more by playing for us regardless of which division we're in? Arguably not and hence why he didn't sign for Everton or Forest either.
Does he want to play in the Champions League for his boyhood club? Almost certainly. Bucket list box ticked.
Will he play in the Premier League at some point anyway? If he does well at Marseille, it's pretty likely and it'll be for someone decent.

The management of the squad generally has been poor from the club and this is just one case in point where we're too slow to move people on and too slow to react to the rare occasion when we have a player with any talent who is in demand. We're quick off the mark to give contracts out to the likes of Fleck, Osborn and Robinson however - honest toilers in the typical Sheffield United mould but god forbid we stumble across anybody decent at the same time as we're back on a brief upward curve.

Other than Ramsdale and Brooks, the only other players who have left this club for over £1m are DCL, Jug Ears, Jamie Murphy, James Beattie, Harry Maguire and the two Kyles and the buying clubs have all had bargains out of us. All the rest have walked for nothing, largely because most of them are utter shite with no demand from anyone else which is a damning assessment of our recruitment over the years.

Why? Because we're either too slow on the uptake, too tight-fisted and aren't an attractive enough proposition for these players and it's happened again.

We can go round and round in circles blaming the club, Ndayie(?!), the bloke selling programmes etc etc but what really pains me with this sale more than any of the countless others we’ve had, is the fact that this kid IS special and we won’t get to see it truly evolve.
I’m not fortunate enough to have seen Currie but grew up idolising Alan Kelly, Michael Brown, Brian Deane and others - all great players but none that weren’t replaceable in some form. This lad is different to anything we’ve had. Skill, pace, work rate, finishing and entertainment! This season was going to be crap with or without him but at least there would have been that anticipation when he picked up the ball. Now we’ll be back to the predictable, hard workers (nothing wrong with that) but nothing that’s going to get me out of my seat.
I’d like to thank him and wish him luck. At the end of the day it’s a job to them and I hope he goes on to play at the top, top level with a club and fans who truly recognise a genius and one in a million talent

Ndiaye is nothing but a two faced snake that has used our club as a pawn with his agent being the puppet master going by what is being reported.

I do not wish him well and I hope he fails miserably it is clear he has been terribly advised and I will have zero sympathy if it goes tits up for him.

To me it does not matter who you are or what your reputation is if you behave like Ndiaye has then he deserves absolutely zero respect and certainly doesn't deserve to be wished all the best when he has made a mockery of our club and walked out two weeks before the season starts.

It takes a lot for me to turn on a player but what he has done is completely disrespectful to the club and more importantly the fans as it came out of nowhere.

As for Marseille and their fans they are the most vile and obnoxious set of cretins I have ever encountered and that is saying something giving the run ins we have with those lot in S6 not to mention Forest and Leeds.

Marseille truly are the worst fans I have ever known and I hope Karma comes around to bite them.
Can’t say I’ve met many Marseille fans🤷‍♂️ I must not live in the cosmopolitan area of town

Other than Ramsdale and Brooks, the only other players who have left this club for over £1m are DCL, Jug Ears, Jamie Murphy, James Beattie, Harry Maguire and the two Kyles and the buying clubs have all had bargains out of us. All the rest have walked for nothing, largely because most of them are utter shite with no demand from anyone else which is a damning assessment of our recruitment over the years.

Wayne Quinn
Deano x 2
Fjortoff
Hutchinson
Ablett?
Vaz
Jags
Blackman?

Reminds me of two old mates about 20 years back.

They had a massive bust up over something innocuous that ended with one of them texting the other about 2am saying 'you're dead to me, I'll not be talking to you or contacting you ever again'

It took him barely 3 hours to break that promise when he text him again simply saying 'cunt'

I think he decided a long time ago. It was about whether an acceptable bid came in or not, outside of his control.

The club have a lot to do to right this. Ndiaye who could create something from nothing isn't the only one gone. Ndiaye benefited from playing with Doyle and McAtee they are also gone. We are not going anywhere with Osborn and another year older and slower Norwood and Fleck up against PL opposition.

Back
Top Bottom