Left us in the shite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Running down his contract,
Talking to one or two,
It looked good,
It seemed fine,
Illi was signing on the dotted line,
Now he’s no longer wearing 29,
But stop roaring because we’ll be fine,
We’ve got Brewster and someone else who might shine,
Fuck me I need some wine.
Looks like you've already had the wine,amigo.

Ndiaye can p*ss off and for me now he doesn't exist he is just like the rest of the nobodies that walked out on our club.

That said the club are to blame for this situation his contract should have been sorted out well before now.

This is what happens when you are run by penny pinching short sighted morons with zero ambition.
You can't sort a contract out if one party wont agree to it.

I think what riles me more is the way he has left. He was clearly a fan favourite. He should have had a proper send off but sadly money talks and Ndiaye has ended up tarnishing his Utd career and reputation. Could have been a legend but instead left as a leg end.

(The video on twitter currently doing the rounds of him arriving at Marseille airport all smiles and lauded by their fans gives you that sinking feeling in your stomach.)

Feel sorry for PH made it doubly difficult planning for the campaign when your key player may be going. Pretty sure he will have planned something if he didnt stay. Whether it comes to fruition is another matter.

Nonsense. That's United/the owner's flipping and flopping you are describing.You can't buy what isn't for sale.
HRH isn't flipping and flopping.
We've always wanted him to stay and have wanted him to sign a contract for months.
As others have said, he didnt sign a contract or ask for a move.
Then somehow he gave the impression that he would sign and then changed his mind.

Ndiaye is nothing but a two faced snake that has used our club as a pawn with his agent being the puppet master going by what is being reported.

I do not wish him well and I hope he fails miserably it is clear he has been terribly advised and I will have zero sympathy if it goes tits up for him.

To me it does not matter who you are or what your reputation is if you behave like Ndiaye has then he deserves absolutely zero respect and certainly doesn't deserve to be wished all the best when he has made a mockery of our club and walked out two weeks before the season starts.

It takes a lot for me to turn on a player but what he has done is completely disrespectful to the club and more importantly the fans as it came out of nowhere.

As for Marseille and their fans they are the most vile and obnoxious set of cretins I have ever encountered and that is saying something giving the run ins we have with those lot in S6 not to mention Forest and Leeds.

Marseille truly are the worst fans I have ever known and I hope Karma comes around to bite them.
Absolute cack

Zero blame on him

We didn't have to sell. We chose to do so. It could turn out to be fine and better long term but right now? It doesn't feel likely.

OK......................

So how do we 'chuck money at things', when in your next sentence you acknowledge 'we havent got any money' ??

You are also suggesting we ignore FFP, as that what other clubs are doing?

The Prince has been quite clear that he doenst have money to throw at us, as such he is trying to sell, hopefully to someone who does.

We walked down 'Spash the cash Avenue' the last time, and we ended up with a load of players who wernt very good, on high wages and that led to this years transfer embargo, which is one step from going into administration

Personally I would rather we lose Illy, as I support the club,not the player - this isnt Tennis.

Newcastle had years of Ashley before the Saudi's turned up.
Before Mansour arrived, Man City were a bit shit.

We dont have a divine right to be a loaded money bags club, one day maybe we will, but until then stop throwing paddys, its life
That’s why I’m saying Ndyie ain’t bothered about staying at Utd and I don’t blame him for going.
I’m not throwing paddy’s either. I’m pretty laid back with all this as I knew it would happen. It’s the Blades way.

It will be interesting to see what poor old Hecky has got to spend from the transfer.

You only get one chance in a career like this. No guarantee Marseille would come back for him.

The fault lies with the club purely for not being more on the ball with his contract.
Could have given him better deal and longer deal last summer or even during last season 21-22 because he was showing good progress.
The deal he's just been on is still the one he agreed 10 days before the p'boro game.

Marseille then being interested in him would likely be faced with much larger fee and thus might be put off. But if they weren't we would be looking well over £30m.

Were going to feel similar with sander sadly because he's going to leave within the next 12 months. Either for a reduced fee or for nowt.
How do you know what the fee was nothing has been said by us or OM, it will be stated as undisclosed. The next set of accounts will reveal more but that will still conation an amount of guesswork.

HRH isn't flipping and flopping.
We've always wanted him to stay and have wanted him to sign a contract for months.
As others have said, he didnt sign a contract or ask for a move.
Then somehow he gave the impression that he would sign and then changed his mind.

If something isn't for sale it isn't for sale.

And hope he does nothing in the game! Why should someone who wants to play for the team they support, in the Champions League and progress their career? Instead he should be like someone like ‘Monty’ and just be wank but it’s ok because he’s a grafter and stay at United until we finally realise he’s bobar and let him leave to a top team in Aus?
This is half our problem. Too many of our support can’t appreciate true talent and and what opportunities and wealth that can bring a player like him. Put yourselves in his position instead of being offended that someone doesn’t love the blades as much as you. They won’t because they haven’t the same affinity. I’d really love our supporters to be grateful when we do have skilful, talented players instead of criticising and lauding some of the dross that are fortunate to be at Utd

We can go round and round in circles blaming the club, Ndayie(?!), the bloke selling programmes etc etc but what really pains me with this sale more than any of the countless others we’ve had, is the fact that this kid IS special and we won’t get to see it truly evolve.
I’m not fortunate enough to have seen Currie but grew up idolising Alan Kelly, Michael Brown, Brian Deane and others - all great players but none that weren’t replaceable in some form. This lad is different to anything we’ve had. Skill, pace, work rate, finishing and entertainment! This season was going to be crap with or without him but at least there would have been that anticipation when he picked up the ball. Now we’ll be back to the predictable, hard workers (nothing wrong with that) but nothing that’s going to get me out of my seat.
I’d like to thank him and wish him luck. At the end of the day it’s a job to them and I hope he goes on to play at the top, top level with a club and fans who truly recognise a genius and one in a million talent
Wrong mate I saw CURRIE many many times no one since has come close. Ndiaye not tested at top level like the Premier League. He maybe didn’t want the challenge because the league he’s gone to is very inferior. As for the Champions League it’s a handful of games.
TC changed games at top level not the championship

Wrong mate I saw CURRIE many many times no one since has come close. Ndiaye not tested at top level like the Premier League. He maybe didn’t want the challenge because the league he’s gone to is very inferior. As for the Champions League it’s a handful of games.
I said I didn’t have the pleasure of seeing Currie so couldn’t compare the two. From the players I’ve seen he’s been the best and has the potential to be special.

Maybe he genuinely was going to stay then saw how we were shaping for the season and thought “fuck that - I’ll spend most 99% of the game chasing down and not be able to show how good I really am.” He’s then faced with signing for an Everton or someone getting promoted next season whereas those few Champions League games might be enough for him to show one of the big clubs how talented he is? Who knows🤷‍♂️

I think what riles me more is the way he has left. He was clearly a fan favourite. He should have had a proper send off but sadly money talks and Ndiaye has ended up tarnishing his Utd career and reputation. Could have been a legend but instead left as a leg end.

(The video on twitter currently doing the rounds of him arriving at Marseille airport all smiles and lauded by their fans gives you that sinking feeling in your stomach.)

Feel sorry for PH made it doubly difficult planning for the campaign when your key player may be going. Pretty sure he will have planned something if he didnt stay. Whether it comes to fruition is another matter.
I get it Varkanoid, I do. But whatever the taste left for how it's ended. Remember the booing Deane got for leaving for Leeds when he came back to the Lane. I was one of them, albeit I was young and lacking wisdom. We don't know the full story. What we do know is he's fulfilled his dream to play for his club. If I was him I'd have done the same, even if it meant reneging on an agreement, verbally or not. To play for United, well it's something we can only dream of.

As fans we can wish him well or we can be bitter at how it ended. I just know he's played every game 100% for United. That'll do for me. He never downed tools, never asked for a transfer. At least not what we're aware of. I do feel for Hecky, for the team, for the fans. But we go on. I'm looking forward to the replacement. It might be better than we think.

Rubbish. His boyhood club came in and offered him champions league football and a significantly higher salary. If you were in the same boat, you’d do exactly the same thing.

I’m not mad at Ndiaye for wanting to go.
I’m not even mad at the club for selling.

I’m sick to the stomach that we won’t be getting a club record fee for arguably the best player we’ve ever had. That bit really stings for me.
I think we were offering higher wages it’s obvious he wanted to go there but agree with the rest. Last year of the contract he only wanted Marseille so we was trapped between a rock and hard place I think, least we have the 20% sell on.

Lad doesnt give a shit about sheff utd
Any more tgan he did boreham wood
Was refising to sign a contract before hed even made the first team
His desire to play for Marseille was hardly a revelation we all knew he wanted to leave, not because he hates the club but we simply can not not offer him the career development. He seems very professional to me as a player, had this last minute move not come about I think he would have still given his whole for us, partially because he has that sort of attitude but also he has aspirations of being a world class player so he can't afford to half arse it and ruin his rep

This can't have been easy, you clearly want to play for a bigger club. You've got the fans at the current club showing adoration, the manager offering you a new lucrative contract, the comforts of already being cemented in the squad with the lads. Next thing your agent and other clubs are tempting you, the papers and wannabe twitter idiots are all posting rumours most of which I'm sure find their way to you and lastly you have a family to think of. Very few lads in their early 20s will deal with that well and someone has to be disappointed. I'm afraid to say in that fight Sheffield United will always lose.

I can probably pick fault with how all this has been done I may even lay some fault with him, considering the media team doing all they can to include him in everything they could. To me it feels like there was a clear intention to remain at the club but if something big comes at the last second, you're taking it, every time.

“Ever since I was little, I’ve loved OM. The first jersey my father bought me was this one. When I was little, my father suggested that I go for tests at PSG or Marseille. I said direct OM! I played there for a year, it’s a club that I always carry in my heart. I watch all their matches. They seem to have a good project, the president (Pablo Longoria) has been doing a good job since he’s been there. Why not one day ! “confided Iliman Ndiaye To SoFoot last April.”

Lad doesnt give a shit about sheff utd
Any more tgan he did boreham wood
Was refising to sign a contract before hed even made the first team
Do you give a shit about Boreham Wood? Did he sign a contract with Utd? I refused an offer on stock at work today to get a better price. In the end it worked. No different

Top top post.

Then he'd have been singularly stupid individual. Completely against his interest.

He's a footballer....

It's wouldn't be the first time a player decides to kick up a fuss and drop gears until they get their move.

We can't chance and carry someone who wants out in this league.

And hope he does nothing in the game! Why should someone who wants to play for the team they support, in the Champions League and progress their career? Instead he should be like someone like ‘Monty’ and just be wank but it’s ok because he’s a grafter and stay at United until we finally realise he’s bobar and let him leave to a top team in Aus?
This is half our problem. Too many of our support can’t appreciate true talent and and what opportunities and wealth that can bring a player like him. Put yourselves in his position instead of being offended that someone doesn’t love the blades as much as you. They won’t because they haven’t the same affinity. I’d really love our supporters to be grateful when we do have skilful, talented players instead of criticising and lauding some of the dross that are fortunate to be at Utd
He’s fucked everybody around.

He could have stuck to his guns about not wanting to sign another contract at SUFC rather than stringing everyone along and making a mug out of a club legend along the way, made his dream sideways move and allowed us to crack on with pre season. He’d have gone with everyone’s best wishes.

He didn’t. Hope he’s a spectacular failure and neither him or his new club benefit from the move.

He’s fucked everybody around.

He could have stuck to his guns about not wanting to sign another contract at SUFC rather than stringing everyone along and making a mug out of a club legend along the way, made his dream sideways move and allowed us to crack on with pre season. He’d have gone with everyone’s best wishes.

He didn’t. Hope he’s a spectacular failure and neither him or his new club benefit from the move.
There might be some truth in that or might not - who knows? Looking at the signings and the team weaker than last season along with the uncertainty off the pitch, he might just have thought this season is only heading one way.

I do get what you’re saying but for me he never gave less than 100% (even the other day) and deserves the chance to progress cos he won’t here until we’re bought out and seriously invest in the team

There might be some truth in that or might not - who knows? Looking at the signings and the team weaker than last season along with the uncertainty off the pitch, he might just have thought this season is only heading one way.

I do get what you’re saying but for me he never gave less than 100% (even the other day) and deserves the chance to progress cos he won’t here until we’re bought out and seriously invest in the team
He should have the chance to progress but he still should have managed his departure with a bit of respect for the club which gave him the opportunity to make a name for himself in pro-football.

He should have the chance to progress but he still should have managed his departure with a bit of respect for the club which gave him the opportunity to make a name for himself in pro-football.
True

The Prince is a generationally terrible owner - but an excellent PR man. How he has managed to convince anyone this ISN'T the club's fault is nothing short of a miracle.

Why are we letting our best player enter the final year of his contract? Why are we letting 90% of our squad enter the final year of their deals? This is what happens when you're so negligent with your management of the club.

Behind the scenes there is no forward planning, no plan, no strategy, no vision - nothing. Just a complete charlatan winging it day-to-day and letting a fucking accountant in Spain act as his official spokesman.

It is a total circus. What an embarrassing state of affairs. I imagine Ndiaye has already noticed that - probably explains why he couldn't wait to get off.

He let United down his flipping and flopping has damaged our chances of staying up. Leaving it to the last minute to decide to leave. Club not at fault here Thanks Ndiaye you have left us high and dry… hope Marseille get knocked out the champions League very quickly and you spend the rest of the season playing what you signed for ..championship standard football …bottled playing in the highest League. If you were going to go then you should have done so ASAP Not just two weeks before the start of the new season…bitter taste

We are in exactly the same position we were in the day before he arrived from Boreham Wood!
His star glittered briefly and then went out.
Life will go on, just like it did before!

Prey tell. What did we offer him? What were the terms? How much per week? From where I sit, PH has repeatedly been saying for a year or so that his agent has refused to discuss terms.
Wouldn't bother, he blocked me for arguing the same shit with him.

Back
Top Bottom