Left us in the shite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd be surprised if Ndiaye didn't feel an attachment to United given here is where he finally made it.
But he's a professional footballer, obviously has an attachment to Marseille and in reality would have looked around our squad, how little we've invested and realised this season is likely to be a wasted year in his career.

I hate posts like this.

It’s not that Ndyiaea has left us in the shit. It’s the owner who has left us in the shit. Same old with Utd.

If Prince sorry if pauper had any thing about him he would have done what Forest and Villa had done and gone into things positively.

Instead straight away it’s no money.

Any top player like Illman would quite rightly see it as a club with no ambition to fight on and claim a regular place in the top league.

Good luck Illman.

Bought for nowt.

Excelled on the pitch.

Sold for c £20m
(According to Sky just now).

We fucked up with his contract. No doubt. But equally we can’t force the player to sign it.

While I genuinely believe the kid is a £50m footballer, getting £20m NOW when he would be free to talk to other clubs in 5 short months is very very good, assuming the player ain’t signing a new contract.

I just wish that we start to go down the Brentford / Brighton model where we do consider the financial implications of transfers more than we did last time out in the PL, cos we just can’t afford to compete if the circa £140m spent during this period on the likes of McB, Brew, Mouse, Freeman, Robinson, Burke, Berge, Ossie et al ultimately recoup us next door to fuck all !!!

It’s untenable.

UTB

Ndiaye can p*ss off and for me now he doesn't exist he is just like the rest of the nobodies that walked out on our club.

That said the club are to blame for this situation his contract should have been sorted out well before now.

This is what happens when you are run by penny pinching short sighted morons with zero ambition.

I admit to being a teensy weensy pissed off with him at the moment, and very much so with his agent. As much as folk don't want to hear it, changing his mind 3 times hasn't exactly helped us.
None of that excuses the poor planning overall with regard to our contracts of course but a share of blame is on various parties for this one, in my opinion.

I get the feeling we’ve been 2 timed and strung out to dry by illy.
Billy was rightfully proud of that shirt and that must hurt.
I could easily accept it if a reasonable fee was paid but the 13-14m quoted
if true,is an additional kick in the balls.
It’s £20m according to sky…..a Spoonful of sugar

Where was his boyhood club when he was playing for Boreham Wood, he's gone and I'm annoyed I won't get to see him in the prem, but I also firmly believe he has shown a distinct lack of loyalty (just my opinion) and let us down with the changing his mind god knows how many times

I'll be booing him wholeheartedly from the arkea stand at stade brestois next season

I wouldn’t imagine the scouting network of a club playing champions league football extends to the English semi-professional leagues tbh.

The man had no affinity to us prior to 2019 and was actively frozen out of the side for not signing a contract. He’s going to a club who he supported as a child, is offering him champions league football & will be paying him significantly more than we would be. He’d be mad not to go.

Well, we will never know for sure one way or another, but we can derive how much our chances have been hindered by seeing just how much the relegation markets move once the sale has been confirmed by the club. And I'm going to take a wild guess that they move enough that the only way the sale will have been justified is if the club add "for a record transfer fee" right after "Iliman Ndiaye has left the club"
I’m sure you’re right but of course odds are influenced by betting patterns so not a completely true test. We were already odds on to go down anyway so Ndiaye being here wasn’t inspiring many to think we’d stay up

I hate posts like this.

It’s not that Ndyiaea has left us in the shit. It’s the owner who has left us in the shit. Same old with Utd.

If Prince sorry if pauper had any thing about him he would have done what Forest and Villa had done and gone into things positively.

Instead straight away it’s no money.

Any top player like Illman would quite rightly see it as a club with no ambition to fight on and claim a regular place in the top league.

Good luck Illman.

Couple of questions for you

Ndaiye hasnt left us in the shit? - Interesting, so having been offered the biggest contract in our history, and allegedly ready to sign on 3 occasions including a video, he finally goes 12 days before season kick off, I suggest he maybe has.

The owner has? - not sure what more he could do, see above. Tried everything to get a signature, couldnt, so got £20m for a kid whos had 1 game in the EPL, and who could have negotiated with OM in 5 months

Should do a Villa/Forest? - Hmm, now I think your suggesting throwing loadsa money at players to appease fans and hopefully stay in the division? Worked well last time out for us didnt it? On that basis I expect you were comfortable with the embargo as an 'occupational hazzard' of this boom and bust approach?

Also see FFP, Wolves & Everton did exactly this a few years ago and they are on the cusp right now, are you suggesting that we do it again?

I’m sure you’re right but of course odds are influenced by betting patterns so not a completely true test. We were already odds on to go down anyway so Ndiaye being here wasn’t inspiring many to think we’d stay up

The odds were indicating we stay up about 40% of the time, which is a heck of a lot more than a lot of the doom merchants were saying, albeit when we have Ndiaye. I would imagine they will move substantially very soon - bookies don't wait for people to make +EV bets against them before changing their prices when information changes.

not a gambler mate so bow to others greater knowledge about how it works. Ultimately though when we finished ninth weren’t we also odds on to go down? Odds are only predictors of possibility not a deciding factor in what happens, otherwise every favourite would win every time and no one would bother gambling

not a gambler mate so bow to others greater knowledge about how it works. Ultimately though when we finished ninth weren’t we also odds on to go down? Odds are only predictors of possibility not a deciding factor in what happens, otherwise every favourite would win every time and no one would bother gambling

Well yes, they are predictors. They're not guarantees, they're never completely correct, you're damn right that we were odds on in the first Wilder PL season. The point is that they are the best indicator as to how often something will happen - not only do you have initial oddsmakers having to make very well informed estimations with the threat of losing a LOT of money if they fuck something up, you also have the wisdom of the masses putting their money where their mouth is should the initial estimations be off. If we see that our price to go down suddenly becomes the same price as Luton's is, then our implied chances of staying up have dropped from 40% to about 25% (and it's fairly easy to calculate how much projected future revenue has been set on fire as a result). We'll see how much it does move as and when the sale's officially announced

I think I want Illi to do really well, I love the man and want him to go on to become one of the best - but at the same time I want Marseille to crumble and fall into obscurity, it seems impossible that both Ndiaye can succeed but Marseille crumble, Schrödinger’s Ndiaye you could say. (Probably massively misunderstanding subatomic physics with this reference)

I think I want Illi to do really well, I love the man and want him to go on to become one of the best - but at the same time I want Marseille to crumble and fall into obscurity, it seems impossible that both Ndiaye can succeed but Marseille crumble, Schrödinger’s Ndiaye you could say. (Probably massively misunderstanding subatomic physics with this reference)
Ndiaye is nothing but a two faced snake that has used our club as a pawn with his agent being the puppet master going by what is being reported.

I do not wish him well and I hope he fails miserably it is clear he has been terribly advised and I will have zero sympathy if it goes tits up for him.

To me it does not matter who you are or what your reputation is if you behave like Ndiaye has then he deserves absolutely zero respect and certainly doesn't deserve to be wished all the best when he has made a mockery of our club and walked out two weeks before the season starts.

It takes a lot for me to turn on a player but what he has done is completely disrespectful to the club and more importantly the fans as it came out of nowhere.

As for Marseille and their fans they are the most vile and obnoxious set of cretins I have ever encountered and that is saying something giving the run ins we have with those lot in S6 not to mention Forest and Leeds.

Marseille truly are the worst fans I have ever known and I hope Karma comes around to bite them.

If that is true then it's clear we have been played him and his agent. This whole new deal with us was obviously the agent pushing it to the limit to get OM to buy him now.

That did cross my mind and makes sense. The fact he went through all the media stuff makes me think he genuinely was staying though. Something obviously happened since then and he's had another change of heart.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Clearly had no intention of ever signing a contract with us. Just stringing us along to force Marseilles hand

Disgraceful. A complete lack of gratitude. Getting the fans excited that he was staying. Playing Hecky for a fool and stopping him from sourcing possible replacements.

Hope he flops

This stinks to high heaven! We haven't got much to offer, but the handing over of the #10 is a big deal to any Blades supporter!
I'm pissed at HRH for the lack of ambition shown in the transfer market (especially the lack of any progress with Doyle) but I think 80% of the blame on this one has to go to Ili and his agent!

Couple of questions for you

Ndaiye hasnt left us in the shit? - Interesting, so having been offered the biggest contract in our history, and allegedly ready to sign on 3 occasions including a video, he finally goes 12 days before season kick off, I suggest he maybe has.

The owner has? - not sure what more he could do, see above. Tried everything to get a signature, couldnt, so got £20m for a kid whos had 1 game in the EPL, and who could have negotiated with OM in 5 months

Should do a Villa/Forest? - Hmm, now I think your suggesting throwing loadsa money at players to appease fans and hopefully stay in the division? Worked well last time out for us didnt it? On that basis I expect you were comfortable with the embargo as an 'occupational hazzard' of this boom and bust approach?

Also see FFP, Wolves & Everton did exactly this a few years ago and they are on the cusp right now, are you suggesting that we do it again?
I’m standing by the total lack of ambition.
FFP, chucking money at things. That is exactly what clubs with ambition are doing.

We haven’t got any money and so no chance of doing anything. That’s why he probably sees Marseille as a better option.

It's not good what Ndiaye has done to us, and the details of this video announcement tops it off. Absolutely no special reverence for him from me. Just another ex player to add to the list. Same as MGW. Great comparison actually

Don’t get me wrong gutted to see him go but he’s unproven at the top league and he’s gone to a nowt league let’s just move on like we always do

I will be looking out for every Marseille game hoping they get stuffed unfortunately that league is piss poor so hoping for their quick exit from the champions league

Back
Top Bottom