Left us in the shite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
He let United down his flipping and flopping has damaged our chances of staying up. Leaving it to the last minute to decide to leave. Club not at fault here Thanks Ndiaye you have left us high and dry… hope Marseille get knocked out the champions League very quickly and you spend the rest of the season playing what you signed for ..championship standard football …bottled playing in the highest League. If you were going to go then you should have done so ASAP Not just two weeks before the start of the new season…bitter taste

Rubbish. His boyhood club came in and offered him champions league football and a significantly higher salary. If you were in the same boat, you’d do exactly the same thing.

I’m not mad at Ndiaye for wanting to go.
I’m not even mad at the club for selling.

I’m sick to the stomach that we won’t be getting a club record fee for arguably the best player we’ve ever had. That bit really stings for me.

He let United down his flipping and flopping has damaged our chances of staying up. Leaving it to the last minute to decide to leave. Club not at fault here Thanks Ndiaye you have left us high and dry… hope Marseille get knocked out the champions League very quickly and you spend the rest of the season playing what you signed for ..championship standard football …bottled playing in the highest League. If you were going to go then you should have done so ASAP Not just two weeks before the start of the new season…bitter taste

It’s 31st July, not 1st September still plenty of time to improve the squad.

Rubbish. His boyhood club came in and offered him champions league football and a significantly higher salary. If you were in the same boat, you’d do exactly the same thing.

I’m sick to the stomach that we won’t be getting a club record fee for arguably the best player we’ve ever had. That bit really stings for me
CURRIE

I’m sick to the stomach that we won’t be getting a club record fee for arguably the best player we’ve ever had. That bit really stings for me.
Bang on. We don't know the fee but it should easily be 40m plus, wether he has a year left or not is irrelevant, didn't declan rice only have a year left. They got 105m. The Brentford goalie too, they will get 40m. I accept selling and accept he wants to go but get the correct fee.

Nonsense. That's United/the owner's flipping and flopping you are describing.You can't buy what isn't for sale.

Nonsense.
I don’t agree with the thread, however, technically if he’s told the club two weeks ago he’s agreed to signing a new deal they’ve done the marketing, social media etc then a week later he tells them he’s not. Possibly he has left the recruitment team in the shit as they’ve not got to now get a replacement in asap.

Hopefully as this has gone on for a while we’ve been lining things up continuously for all eventualities.

You can’t wish NDiaye anything other than all the success in the world though. He was a joy to watch and gave everything in every game.

Could be worse we could have done this next week and had Palace to play with the current squad 😫

You only get one chance in a career like this. No guarantee Marseille would come back for him.

The fault lies with the club purely for not being more on the ball with his contract.
Could have given him better deal and longer deal last summer or even during last season 21-22 because he was showing good progress.
The deal he's just been on is still the one he agreed 10 days before the p'boro game.

Marseille then being interested in him would likely be faced with much larger fee and thus might be put off. But if they weren't we would be looking well over £30m.

Were going to feel similar with sander sadly because he's going to leave within the next 12 months. Either for a reduced fee or for nowt.

If you were going to go then you should have done so ASAP Not just two weeks before the start of the new season

The player had a contract. He can't just decide he's signing for somebody else. When the club accepts a bid, then he has a decision to make. Presumably a bid was only accepted two weeks before the start of the season.

Illy got us to the Prem on 4K a week-

What they should have said is - 'play for us 1 more year and here's £5 million you thoroughly deserve it'

But as per they have dillied and dallied and done fuck all except be cheapskates- it's not hard to decipher the company line bullshit.

Ndiaye has done absolutely nothing wrong- I hope you rip it up lad - you were a total and utter joy to watch Thanks for everything.

The player had a contract. He can't just decide he's signing for somebody else. When the club accepts a bid, then he has a decision to make. Presumably a bid was only accepted two weeks before the start of the season.
The player flipped and flopped over this no matter how we dress it up

We offered him the best deal we have ever offered any United player in our history. We can’t force him to sign he wanted to go

The club has seemingly flipped and flopped. Two weeks ago we weren't selling and now we are. The club decided to accept a bid for our best player two weeks before the season starts. Blaming the player is dopey.
He has wanted to go ever since Marseille made it known. Most of what was said is looking like it was true about him meeting with them weeks ago

Agree with these sentiments.

I dont like how many of our fans need something/someone to blame. Its just a clusterfuck of awful scenarios not attributed to any individual.

For me personally, I'll be holding the club to account on its actions in the next few weeks. We need to make the first 11 competitive, think we all agree we are now 4/5 players short of that. And then we need some 'bonus' players to pad the squad out to give us a fighting chance.

Writing the season off is childish, no doubt just lashing out in frustration, as I suspect BDTBL will be packed come the Palace match.

We're in the Premier League, our best players will get signed up - look at Brighton each year (yes, albeit on a different scale). We're all selling clubs, even Man City.

Im simply gutted I, nor my kids, will get to see him doing his stuff on the biggest stage. Gutted.

We simply have to draw a line under it, nothing we can do now however you interpret the goings off.

Stop with the pathetic attacks on Ndiaye. He's done nothing wrong. The club are entirely to blame for this for not offering him a new deal last summer. The whole Marseille fiasco only came about because of his contract scenario, a situation not helped by the club entering a transfer embargo. There was no talk of a new contract being offered to Ndiaye until the Marseille rumours came about, so no apparent attempts to protect our best asset until it became a reaction. As soon as the embargo ended the new deal should have been offered. They should have been talking to his agent throughout last season.

All this sour grapes is pathetic. Ndiaye was going to leave next summer regardless as there was no way he'd stay after getting relegated, which is the most likely outcome whether he stayed or not. Ndiaye could stay with us and grind out the occasional result for a struggling Premier League team, or go to an established top flight French team who won't be struggling, where he'll have better players around him than what we have. A team that will be winning far more matches than losing. Players who pass forwards, not backward (Ozzy take note). A team who finished third last season. A team he supports. It's not a bad move and Marseille are not some nothing team. Only in Blades fans logic could a move to a top French team be an inferior move to staying and playing with us.

I'm not angry at Ndiaye, good luck to the lad, he's clearly too good for us and was always destined to leave. If he had signed a new deal, stayed, played brilliantly all season and we stayed up, he'd have been sold next summer anyway. I'm angry that he's entered the last year of his contract due to short sightedness and naivety from this pathetic football club. The contract should have been sorted last summer. Berge was never going to sign a new deal, and yet people aren't having a go at him. Ndiaye never expressed any interest in leaving until his boyhood club came knocking and have taken advantage of the contract situation. Whatever fee we get for Ndiaye, even though it's not going to match his potential or true value, is still profit on a player we signed for peanuts. Losing Berge for free or at a huge loss on a club record fee is far worse, and this is a player who won't even enter talks for a new contract, who will definitely be gone next summer regardless.

Let's stop bashing Ndiaye and Marseille. It's pathetic. "He probably won't get in their team anyway, he's not that good." This will be the next likely line. "He's over rated anyway and unproven."

Was Chris Wilder a rat for walking out on Northampton to come to us? For turning down Charlton at the last second. What about Billy Sharp? He left clubs twice to come play for his boyhood club. Our fans are such hypocrites and always look to blame the person who isn't to blame.

The club is 100% entirely to blame. Much like they will be when we lose nearly the entire first team next summer as the majority are out of contract then.

Last edited:
If between now and then the squad is better than it was on Saturday then I'll be stunned

Maybe, maybe not. I’m going to wait until the window closes before making a judgement.

Plenty on here were throwing the toys out the pram after the January transfer window, but that didn’t turn out too bad!

Seems to me we cut our losses. He wouldn’t sign a new contract last year it seems and in the end wouldn’t this year despite it seeming he would. The club then have to choose to get what they can now or lose him for nothing. Would he have been the difference between staying up and going down? We will never know now. He is hugely talented but completely unproven at this level. Would teams just have taken him out the game? Again who knows. I’m sad we won’t find out. Do I blame him? It’s still a bit raw for me personally to come to a conclusion. I do wonder if it is the best move for him but equally if it was the other way round we would have been applauding his “true Blade” credentials.
What’s done is done. We have to see who comes in now. We all said in the Covid season part of the reason we went down was lack of fans to create that bear pit atmosphere that raised our frankly below average PL players to greater heights than could have been expected well now is surely the time to prove that one way or another. I was a Blade before Ndiaye and I’m still one. Am I sad and disappointed? Yes of course. Will it change how I support my team on 12th? No chance.

Maybe, maybe not. I’m going to wait until the window closes before making a judgement.

Plenty on here were throwing the toys out the pram after the January transfer window, but that didn’t turn out too bad!
The issue is that we're losing Ndiaye and won't be able to bring in an adequate replacement. We haven't replaced Doyle or McAtee and whoever we do bring in will be a cheap inferior replacement. We are an inferior team to last season with or without Ndiaye and the re-signing of Fleck and Osborn tells you how bad things really are financially.

The club says it wants to build a squad of young players who can become sellable assets for profit, and yet all we do is bring players in on loan. In three seasons we've signed Guediora (remember him?), Anel, Davies, Slimane and Traore. That's it. Five players over five transfer windows, one of whom left having played no football for us and wasn't young anyway.

We are so badly run on the squad building/squad retention front it's embarrassing.

Seems to me we cut our losses. He wouldn’t sign a new contract last year it seems and in the end wouldn’t this year despite it seeming he would. The club then have to choose to get what they can now or lose him for nothing. Would he have been the difference between staying up and going down? We will never know now.

Well, we will never know for sure one way or another, but we can derive how much our chances have been hindered by seeing just how much the relegation markets move once the sale has been confirmed by the club. And I'm going to take a wild guess that they move enough that the only way the sale will have been justified is if the club add "for a record transfer fee" right after "Iliman Ndiaye has left the club"

Illy got offered contract talks before the beginning of last season and him and his agent didn't want to talk because they wanted to keep his options open so how is that the club or the prince's fault?? 🤔

If the club didn't have anything serious to say with the contract offer (which, given our financial position at the time, appears likely), then wasting the player's time with pathetic contract offers is exactly that

Where was his boyhood club when he was playing for Boreham Wood, he's gone and I'm annoyed I won't get to see him in the prem, but I also firmly believe he has shown a distinct lack of loyalty (just my opinion) and let us down with the changing his mind god knows how many times

I'll be booing him wholeheartedly from the arkea stand at stade brestois next season

Quite simple really, the club could have stuck to their guns and said we aren't selling you under any circumstances and we'll keep the contract offer on the table if you want to sign it, if not we'll part at the end of this season and wish him well, in the knowledge that if he stayed it would have greatly improved our chances of staying up.

I'm not looking forward to the spin which is going to come from the club to try and justify this. Can already imagine talk of 'his head was turned' and he 'wanted the move and we couldn't risk having an unhappy player'. Yet that same player has played in every pre season game so far, put his all in as he always does. He played all of last season as our best and most important player as one of the lowest paid players in the league yet knuckled down and got on with his job as the professional he is.

It's simple really, the club wanted to get the £15m now rather than nothing in the summer. That will be swallowed up in the costs of running the club, and we are left with complete gambles as the replacement, one of which hasn't even got their visa sorted yet to be able to play for us.

This whole thing is a complete mess, but to put any blame on to Ndiaye, or worse still to attempt to vilify him is really not on IMO. We would be in a far worse financial position right now if it wasn't for him.

Back
Top Bottom