Match Thread Leeds United v. Sheffield United 3rd April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LEEDS
LEEDS
LEEDS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1617391128307.png v. 1617391136443.png
EPL Week 30 - Saturday 3rd April 2021 - Elland Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/leeds-united-vs-sheffield-united.538/

Officials:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Kevin Friend
Video Assistant Referee: Jarred Gillett
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Marc Perry

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 20.21.28.png

Its now way beyond a joke Lundstrums effort and application!

What does he have to do to get subbed in a game?

3 dead ball crosses from Lundstram - all hit the first man.

For a professional footballer that is unacceptable.
Dont worry though. Hes first on the team sheet next week.

I was quite impressed with Hecky until today. He can also now go fuk himself as far as the first team is concerned after starting that pile of steaming shite again.

Thats a cliche that everyone says

but if we play some kids and lose 0-6 with the kids confidence destroyed
Everyone will be calling the manager naive and totally out of his depth.
Saying that every kid would react the same way to such a defeat is a cliche. I know 18 year olds with the mental fortitude of a navy seal. I also know a few 35 years that crumble at the sound of “boo”

Do we actually have a style of football?

Some teams are long ball, some passing, some counter attack, etc, watching today I dont think we actually have a style anymore which might be a big reason as to why we have been so bad.

The overlapping centre back system worked until it was found out, now we dont seem to have a particular way of playing, we just hope for the lucky break.

Am i being unkind?

Prediction is because Lundstrum is absolute shite, nobody of any worth comes in for him when his contract expires, he then asks if the contract offer is still on the table from us and because it is cheaper than buying a player we sign the bag of wank.

Thats a cliche that everyone says

but if we play some kids and lose 0-6 with the kids confidence destroyed
Everyone will be calling the manager naive and totally out of his depth.
i think it’s OK blooding kids in league 1 but very few kids can get anywhere near PL level......they would be lambs to the slaughter.
Let's correct something here. They. Are. Not.Kids. They are 19, 20, 21 year olds and theres plenty playing at that age in the premier league.

Nobody is saying fill the team with them but how can Ndiaye do any worse than Lundstram...even if he tried?

Problem is we dwell on the ball and lose it vs. faster tempo and mis placed pass and lose the ball.

2-1 down in a Yorkshire derby, and we’ve spent the five minutes of injury time in damage limitation mode.

Why isn’t Jokanovic being brought in now? He should be seeing for himself who he needs to ship out in the summer and to stamp his authority on the team. Same old Sheffield United, fucking up a cup of coffee.

The least competitive Sheffield United team in our History. Thank god we all didnt waste money following them home and away

Saying that every kid would react the same way to such a defeat is a cliche. I know 18 year olds with the mental fortitude of a navy seal. I also know a few 35 years that crumble at the sound of “boo”

Agree..it’s OK blooding top rated kids at league 1 level
but PL is a different matter....they would be like lambs to the slaughter.
it probably explains why very few managers ever play kids unless they are extra special.

It takes a brave manager to deliberately severely weaken the team for the benefit of planning for the long term future.
Agree...some players can handle players losing every week with confidence at rock bottom....but usually their confidence will be negatively effected too.

This match looks like being yet another 1 goal defeat.
ive never known anything like it.....we are so consistent.....pretty good in defence but always struggle to score.

Why isn’t Jokanovic being brought in now? He should be seeing for himself who he needs to ship out in the summer and to stamp his authority on the team. Same old Sheffield United, fucking up a cup of coffee.
This a hundred times over....the new manager needs to be building NOW for next season.

We should only be playing players who will be with us next season and the new manager should be getting them used to his style of play.

Instead we will have wasted the last quarter of the season

Osbourne Ramsdale did well but midfield anonymous - fleck a few ok moments but all so pedestrian

Reactions: 10p
Agree..it’s OK blooding top rated kids at league 1 level
but PL is a different matter....they would be like lambs to the slaughter.
it probably explains why very few managers ever play kids unless they are extra special.

It takes a brave manager to deliberately severely weaken the team for the benefit of planning for the long term future.
Agree...some players can handle players losing every week with confidence at rock bottom....but usually their confidence will be negatively effected too.

This match looks like being yet another 1 goal defeat.

You know you are bang on. I'd much rather have good ol Lunny running the midfield of us, week after week.

I have no idea what quality we have in the kids teams but I know with absolute certainty that a young un could replace lundstam without any detriment to either the teams performance or the kids confidence

Back
Top Bottom