Incoming? Lee Gregory

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some things are certain - Wilder rates Gregory highly and has tried to sign him before, even in the past year.
- Gregory is top scorer at Millwall.
- He is Player of the Season there too.

Millwall have not secured him on a new contract, one wonders why on earth they would not after he has served them so well for five years. Has he had a better offer these past few months?

He is a Blade. He has Halifax Town on his C.V.

He is only 30 years old. He is 6'2".

Looks a distinct possibility to me. No fee, reasonable wages. 4th striker to play mainly on the bench.

Some things are certain - Wilder rates Gregory highly and has tried to sign him before, even in the past year.

Millwall have not secured him on a new contract, one wonders why on earth they would not after he has served them so well for five years. Has he had a better offer these past few months?

Looks a distinct possibility to me. No fee, reasonable wages. 4th striker to play mainly on the bench.
Certainly wouldn’t be a surprise would it ?

UTB

Think if it was gonna happen it would have been last season. We were in the same position with respect to needing strikers

Dwight Gayle works as hard, finishes better, is quicker and has Premier League experience. He's 'only' scored 21 in 99 PL games which may put some off but I think he'd be ideal competition for Sharp.

Gregory practically begged Wilder to sign him. This was at immediately after Millwall had been promoted from League 1. If Wilder wanted to sign him he would have done so.

He's not signed anything at Millwall because he wants to come back North. Stoke and Wigan are his current options.

Has anybody noticed the amount of average players we are linked with on here have the middle name "fucking", as in Lee Fucking Gregory?

Has anybody noticed the amount of average players we are linked with on here have the middle name "fucking", as in Lee Fucking Gregory?

It’s almost as though some cosmic force guides the hands of the Registrar isn’t it? It dates back at least as far as Wally Fucking Downes.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/...y-rejects-sheffield-united-and-derby-for-sto/

So Lee Gregory turned us down for Stoke?! I find that very hard to believe! The link within the HITC article is apparently from the Mail. Surely we weren't after Lee Gregory, and if so I'm sure he'd choose us over Championship Stoke, especially when considering that he's from Sheffield and is a Unitedite.

I hope our targets are higher than Lee Gregory quite honestly.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/...y-rejects-sheffield-united-and-derby-for-sto/

So Lee Gregory turned us down for Stoke?! I find that very hard to believe! The link within the HITC article is apparently from the Mail. Surely we weren't after Lee Gregory, and if so I'm sure he'd choose us over Championship Stoke, especially when considering that he's from Sheffield and is a Unitedite.

Yeah, I turned down Jennifer Anniston for a fat lass from White City last week.

thank goodness.

UTB

As everyone has said he might have been an option if he we hadn’t be promoted, but now no way

My take on the matter is, that if we're failing to retain players such as Martin Cranie, who seemed adequate, then Wilder is obviously being quite ambitious, and aiming to (rightly) sign players that improve us, rather than players who will simply be a backup.

That being said, it hardly seems likely we'd move for a player such as Gregory.

The mail and HITC are absolute dogshit sources of the highest order. I wouldn't even have bothered mentioning it.

Finally confirmed on Sky "Breaking News" he's gone to Stoke

It will be interesting to see how he does at Stoke - I would have thought he'll do well with a better level of service that he received at Milwall.

I don't think he's Prem standard so the possibility has now passed but I'm still surprised so many were so against Utd signing him over the last couple of seasons.

Back
Top Bottom