Lee Baxter: video evidence

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i didn't think it existed but video evidence of the worst goalkeeper ever to wear a blades shirt has surfaced on YouTube, here it is for the purpose of those who couldn't make it that's day:

A collector’s item for so many reasons.

I saw the whole of Lee Baxter’s career. I’m pretty sure at the time I said to my son “unbelievable, he’s chucked another one in.”

Goals from Monty and Whitlow.

And if I’m not mistaken the sadness of the last time seeing Browny wear the red and white stripes (correction, we were in white!)Stupid challenge. Wrong, he played 2 more games, you didn’t serve instant suspensions in those days but sold in the JTW.

Last edited:
Tbf he made two mistakes that cost goals but was never seen again. I'd say we've had worse keepers based on their repeated displays over prolonged periods.

Good to see a reminder of how good a player Monty was despite the haters.

Also couldn't fault Browny. Anyone who takes that cunt Blake out deserves a pat on the back.

remember it well they had the beast in the net we had a pussy,every time they came forward he was crapping himself.

i didn't think it existed but video evidence of the worst goalkeeper ever to wear a blades shirt has surfaced on YouTube, here it is for the purpose of those who couldn't make it that's day:

Old Monty got a nose bleed in that game. :)

Never a penalty by the way.

The commentator in that clip ranks extremely highly on the annoyance scale - not just his vocal style which I found grating - but apparently he thought both our goals were unintended mis-hit/ hopeful / speculative cross-shots that had no right to go in. Wanker.

So many highlights;

- The presenter trying to make Stan “Ter- Nent” sound exotic.

- Warnocks full kit wanker socks.

- Chaplow looking like a 12 year old juvenile delinquent off Grange Hill.

- The fact that despite being a ST holder and away regular during this exact period, I have absolutely no recollection of Mike Whitlow playing for us.

- Monty in the attacking prime of his life.

- Stan Ternents enormous coat.

The commentator in that clip ranks extremely highly on the annoyance scale - not just his vocal style which I found grating - but apparently he thought both our goals were unintended mis-hit/ hopeful / speculative cross-shots that had no right to go in. Wanker.
To be fair, he’d probably seen Monty shoot before. :)

- The fact that despite being a ST holder and away regular during this exact period, I have absolutely no recollection of Mike Whitlow playing for us.

Whitlow playing front of little Alan Wright for a while was a formidable partnership .....

Whitlow playing front of little Alan Wright for a while was a formidable partnership .....
For some reason I’ve honestly tuned him out! I wouldve been 20/21 ish at the time, so I’m blaming the effects of substance abuse!

Not just the two goals, but when Tonge clears it off the line Baxter is looking round absolutely clueless with his arms by his side.

I don't remember any Whitlow.

Monty's goal a fucking cross shot? You what?

And we actually did the "John Hark" after scoring away from home. Dear oh dear...

What an absolute classic Burnley team that was btw...

Also absolutely no recollection of Mike Whitlow. In fairness I’ve blanked a lot of the Warnock wilderness years out cos they were utter dross for the most part.

Hated Robbie Blake, that prick always seemed to score against us.

I was there :(

Baxter was taken off at half time and never seen again. Can't remember the name of the goalie that came on for us in the second half though. I just remember we had to get 2 emergency loans in cause we didn't have any keepers at all.

Baxter was taken off at half time and never seen again. Can't remember the name of the goalie that came on for us in the second half though. I just remember we had to get 2 emergency loans in cause we didn't have any keepers at all.

Was it Alan Fettis?

The first is an appalling error. The 2nd is just a standard error.

Was it Alan Fettis?

The first is an appalling error. The 2nd is just a standard error.

Makes me hope that Blackman and Eastwood don't break down in the next few days...:eek:

Back
Top Bottom