Kyle 'Blade' Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree about Grealish - he takes it when the crowd have a go at him all game, then just has a little look and smile at them to get his own back when he’s set up the next goal.
He does play for fouls, not by simple fake diving, but by just moving the ball out of the tackler’s range and putting his leg there; I’d prefer him not to do it, but he’s far from the most disliked opposition player for me.
Wish we had him!

Good of him that. Still reckon we'll see him in the red and white again before he retires. Possibly next season if we somehow stay up.

As regards Grealish...I find it very hard to dislike him. He's sort of a pantomime villain. Yes he goes down too easily, but I've seen a lot of stuff about him off the pitch, and he seems like a decent sort of bloke. Normal lad from a working class family who's blessed to be really good at football. I'd love to see him playing for us, but there's no chance of that.
Grealish does my nut in on the pitch but he went up in my estimation when he got hit from behind by that Birmingham fan then said after the match that it was the best day of his life 🤣

Then he also does things like this;

You can understand it without feeling it yourself, surely?

Everything about him on the pitch makes him punchable, despite the fact that he seems a decent lad off the pitch.
I get the annoyance, "he just chucks him sen on floor" to quote the bloke who sits next to me on the kop, that may be so, but he's a very good footballer, and very good at drawing the foul, which usually are fouls, it's a part of the modern game unfortunately, especially in this league, something we should learn.

I must have gone into a parallel universe from some of these comments...

Grelish good?

He does ONE THING! That silly tapping the football whilst going very very slowly.

He has mutant leg muscles but can't stay upright?

He goes into my all time book of footballers who are lucky to be footballers when younger and/or more talented players get kicked out of academics etc. His name goes next to John Lundstram on that list

I get the annoyance, "he just chucks him sen on floor" to quote the bloke who sits next to me on the kop, that may be so, but he's a very good footballer, and very good at drawing the foul, which usually are fouls, it's a part of the modern game unfortunately, especially in this league, something we should learn.
Agreed, his football laws IQ are exceptional, we have been very naive and too honest in our most recent Premiership seasons.

Grelish good?

He does ONE THING! That silly tapping the football whilst going very very slowly.

He goes into my all time book of footballers who are lucky to be footballers when younger and/or more talented players get kicked out of academics etc. His name goes next to John Lundstram on that list

Yeah like the silly tap he did to put it on a plate for Haaland?

Yeah like the silly tap he did to put it on a plate for Haaland?

Yeah, exactly that. He's got one overused "special move" if you will.

I think people have been suckered in to thinking he's gods gift. Probably due to his appearance more than anything let's be honest.

Grelish good?

One of the most stupid things I've ever read.

Grelish good?

I agree! It's insane that even Guardiola has fell for it!

🤯

Re Grealish....

Everything I have seen outside of football, which is minimal but fair is fair, suggests that he is a really decent lad, who does a lot for those less well off. I am fairly sure that he lost a brother when he was quite young as well, so probably has a fairly firm grasp on what is really important in life.

Then it comes to what I have seen on the pitch, which is a lot more, so fair is also fair. And I have to say that I detest his style of play and approach to the game. He embodies cynicism to me and dare I say it, a degree of laziness. He exudes the confidence of a guy who can beat anyone, yet I barely actually see him beat anyone, without the referee intervening. There is a genuine sense of entitlement with this lad that he cannot be tackled fairly, and every time he is taken out it simply has to be a foul.

A seemingly good person. Definite cunt of a player.

Ronaldo lite.

Re Grealish....

Everything I have seen outside of football, which is minimal but fair is fair, suggests that he is a really decent lad, who does a lot for those less well off. I am fairly sure that he lost a brother when he was quite young as well, so probably has a fairly firm grasp on what is really important in life.

Then it comes to what I have seen on the pitch, which is a lot more, so fair is also fair. And I have to say that I detest his style of play and approach to the game. He embodies cynicism to me and dare I say it, a degree of laziness. He exudes the confidence of a guy who can beat anyone, yet I barely actually see him beat anyone, without the referee intervening. There is a genuine sense of entitlement with this lad that he cannot be tackled fairly, and every time he is taken out it simply has to be a foul.

A seemingly good person. Definite cunt of a player.

Ronaldo lite.
There will never be a better description written of him than this!

Surprised to see he's only scored 12 goals in nearly 600 career games, and 2 of those have been against us!

There is an air around Walker nowadays that just oozes class.

He’s played some huge games over his career but games like the WC semi v France, Champions League final and the road to that final, he’s put in some huge performances.

There’s still an error in him or a bad decision, but nothing phases him anymore as he’s been there, done it on the biggest stages

Watching him the other night, Ukraine continually tried utilising Mudryk as their outlet but every time Walker had his measure at a canter. It’s not to say that Mudryk is a quality player, but more than Walker is just a different level.

His goal, coolly and calmly taken when there was a bit of pressure on

Kyle Walker is the only player i’ve seen for us where you just knew that he was destined for bigger things. I recall his debut, he just looked streets ahead at RB against Swansea.

I wouldn’t have predicted he’d win as much as he has. But you knew he’d play for England and he a PL staple.

Kyle Walker is the only player i’ve seen for us where you just knew that he was destined for bigger things. I recall his debut, he just looked streets ahead at RB against Swansea.

I wouldn’t have predicted he’d win as much as he has. But you knew he’d play for England and he a PL staple.
Harry Maguire?

There is an air around Walker nowadays that just oozes class.
but every time Walker had his measure at a canter. It’s not to say that Mudryk is a quality player, but more than Walker is just a different level.
The game for me that massively raised Walkers reputation was Man City v Real Madrid.

Pre match there was all this talk about Vinicious Junior....who was like lightening down the left wing.
He was in direct competition with Walker.....so was seen as a massive battle.

Vini Junior hardly touched the ball as he was totally under the thumb of Walker.
There was a spell in the game when Vini Junior had 1 yard start over Walker with a sprint from the half way line.

Looked like Vini Junior was clear closing in on goal but Walker but on the burners like Usain Bolt, caught up with him and physically shoulder charged him off the ball.
The look in Vini Junior's face was one of dis belief, think he knew there and then he was wasting him time and he kind of gave up from that moment.

Kyle who when the game started. That Kyle fuckin Walker is something special when the game finished.

I still want to know why he was wearing a Blades Macron training coat in that video of him getting his todger out.

Back
Top Bottom