Kop redevelopment back on?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sure I recall somebody saying the powers that be are concerned about finding unexploded WWII bombs under there which is why they're reluctant to go digging around? Summet like that?

I'd have thought that might be the kind of thing they'd like to, you know...remove.

I'd have thought that finding a bomb would be a positive. There are one or two of our players who would benefit from the proverbial bomb up their arse. :D

I'm sure I recall somebody saying the powers that be are concerned about finding unexploded WWII bombs under there which is why they're reluctant to go digging around? Summet like that?

I'd have thought that might be the kind of thing they'd like to, you know...remove.
They found one doing the Westfield corner, I needs removing so we don't have to walk up all them bloody steps!

That drawing of the back of the Kop has glass windows. Does that mean we'll be able to look through the plate glass and see all the unexploded bombs and suchlike?

The plans also seem to suggest relocating the bronze statues so that Dooley can wave at the chip shop queue.

The plans also seem to suggest relocating the bronze statues so that Dooley can wave at the chip shop queue.

They'll be new statues, they just used the existing ones as examples for the drawings.

However, now you've said that, the idea of a giant bronze Fatty Foulke staring longingly at Man Fryday springs to mind :D:D

They'll be new statues, they just used the existing ones as examples for the drawings.

However, now you've said that, the idea of a giant bronze Fatty Foulke staring longingly at Man Fryday springs to mind :D:D

Interesting. Can't wait for the 40-page thread to discuss who should be immortalised. So that we can invest more money into the team by saving on the cost of bronze, I suggest Derek Geary and Alan Wright.

Struggling to believe the mound is that big a problem. It's not exactly a hill, it's a small bank of soil. Surely over the years many many projects in the construction industry around Sheffield's industrial areas have dealt with far bigger problems than a small bank of soil?
What's it going to take, a couple of diggers?
Even if the soil has some sort of industrial contamination I can't imagine they'd need to close the stadium for a year.

You'd be surprised although stadium is a bit much. I think once the contamination has been found you're duty bound as landowner under environmental regulations to clear it. It depends what the fill used is and what remediation needs to be undertaken. If contaminants have been potentially disturbed and leached, you may need to clean those up.

I suspect if you excavated the bund, you'd need to remediate / process the material and the land, fill it with inert material and may need time for it to settle for a period before its capable of taking the load. Then foundations go in, etc.

Either way it is a huge capital expenditure which won't happen for a long time. Recent application will just help us keep the planning permission in perpetuity.

You'd be surprised although stadium is a bit much. I think once the contamination has been found you're duty bound as landowner under environmental regulations to clear it. It depends what the fill used is and what remediation needs to be undertaken. If contaminants have been potentially disturbed and leached, you may need to clean those up.

I suspect if you excavated the bund, you'd need to remediate / process the material and the land, fill it with inert material and may need time for it to settle for a period before its capable of taking the load. Then foundations go in, etc.

Either way it is a huge capital expenditure which won't happen for a long time. Recent application will just help us keep the planning permission in perpetuity.
They've dropped a petrol station near me and they've been doing ground works for weeks now. I'm guessing that's remediation as they've been digging for ages and nothing's any deeper. It will be at least a year from starting demo before they start coming out of the ground.

Edit; looks like they're casting the piles now.

Looking at the Kop they might to upwards of £18 worth of damage if they did go off

Reading the article it sounds to me like they're actually going ahead with it.

Yeah but put her in some sexy 'fuck me' high heeled shoes or boots and you've got a right dirty little raver for the evening. 'Lose the dress - keep the shoes'. That was always my motto. ;)

Amen to that

It's not. Man Utd and Arse sell out, we don't. Milton keynes is a vanity project that doesn't add up.

But you miss my point. I have no issue with extending the capacity as such. That wasn't your point, which was that we should also knock down the existing stand and shell out billions of tonnes from underneath it. That part simply does not pay for itself, and will need to be funded by lots of player sales. To be fair, you'll be singing our praises in the Conference, but people like metalblade (who liked your post) will be spitting feathers.

UTB
again you miss the point

square footage as mccabe will gladly point out in city centres is at premium prices
Utilising every square foot of that under a new stand gives us several thousand cubic meters of space

Moving the mound these days is a nowt job with the right equipment

Lidl have started knocking down old stores and building new ones with flats above they sell to pay for the store
utilising the floor space twice
thats what removing the useless mound will do

they could put in offices a gym more up to date changing rooms
I was 4th official once at the Lane , do you know they forgot to put in a referees room under the south stand , the officials got changed in an electricity cupboard

refs rooms have to be vast these days now theres more of them and all them shelves for cards and spray foam and plug ins for their communicators

Last edited:
again you miss the point

square footage as mccabe will gladly point out in city centres is at premium prices
Utilising every square foot of that under a new stand gives us several thousand cubic meters of space

Moving the mound these days is a nowt job with the right equipment

Lidl have started knocking down old stores and building new ones with flats above they sell to pay for the store
utilising the floor space twice
thats what removing the useless mound will do

they could put in offices a gym more up to date changing rooms
I was 4th official once at the Lane , do you know they forgot to put in a referees room under the south stand , the officials got changed in an electricity cupboard

refs rooms have to be vast these days now theres more of them and all them shelves for cards and spray foam and plug ins for their communicators
I don't think you can really argue with that alcoblade

I don't think you can really argue with that alcoblade
So, are we suggesting that BTL's in depth analysis ( "it's a nowt job") of the costs of completely knocking down the kop and starting again have been missed by McCabe's team, who haven't realised the true value of city centre land?

Option 1 - they have done the maths and it doesn't add up as I've suggested.

Option 2 - the professional property developers have missed a trick, and should be following the fag packet calculations of Internet bulletin board contributors.

Forgive me if I stick with option 1. :)

UTB

villa had no trouble removing their massive mound, the Holt end mound was bigger than ours

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Park

it wont be 6 navvies with wheel barrows moving it

villa view was
The Holte End was the only remaining stand that did not meet the Taylor Report requirements and a structural survey revealed that putting seats onto the existing terracing would be uneconomical. Instead the decision was taken to build a new stand consisting of two tiers, just four years after construction of the new roof.[28] The demolition of the stand began on the last day of the 1994 season. Its replacement began to open in August 1994 with 3,000 seats in the lower tier occupied for the first seating-only game at Villa Park. By December the same year it was fully operational and had a capacity of 13,501 seats, bringing the Villa Park capacity to 40,310. Upon completion, the Holte was the largest single end stand in Britain.[29]

Last edited:
It's all brilliant planning so that when the FA win the revote for the rigged world cup vote, they realise they messed up last time and include BDTBL in place of the sty

In the original plan,the new kop seats at the back were going to be built on a steeper rake than the existing seats
Interesting. Can't wait for the 40-page thread to discuss who should be immortalised. So that we can invest more money into the team by saving on the cost of bronze, I suggest Derek Geary and Alan Wright.
i was gonna say higdon,but can we cope with a world bronze storage?

Back
Top Bottom