Kop redevelopment back on?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

our entire history since the war is one chairman after another just doing the minimum to get punters through the turnstiles
the state the Lane was in in 1990 is a disgrace, it was more or less untouched for 45 years since the war
having 3 sides for 3 years again after john st was knocked down was symptomatic of our complete lack of investment
As a club we have never ever had enough investment
ebrell was our only big buy up to 2006, and then we only spent what we got from the prem
It amazes me when people ask wheres the money gone
its more where is any money, weve never really had any
mccabes done a bit but onjust him on his own its never been enough
weve always sold players to keep the club afloat, it really is that basic

I'm sure Jim has stated the prince has invested approx £25m since his arrival..if you balance the incoming and outgoing transfers,cup runs and ticket sales during that period,on face value,we seem to be in a worse state than before..
..however,we have to hope the JTW brings a few new players and we move in the right direction

Come on stop acting thick because you are not that dumb, the property developers will have given options say a £10m rebuild which will last 10 years or a £20m rebuild which will be good for 50 years and we all know McCabe will go for the cheap option because that is how we roll.

That is literally nonsense.

Phipps just spoke about it on Sheffield Live (aka the most community of community stations): "Routine filings that retain the plans – I don't think you're going to see a League 1 side commit resources into a stadium we aren't filling at the minute. Focus is on the pitch"

I bloody said that a week ago! ;)

I'm sure Jim has stated the prince has invested approx £25m since his arrival..if you balance the incoming and outgoing transfers,cup runs and ticket sales during that period,on face value,we seem to be in a worse state than before..
..however,we have to hope the JTW brings a few new players and we move in the right direction
where?? by buying a million crap midfielders??

again the cost of football the prince putting in 25 illion has probably stopped us being 20 million in the red

I work for a construction material hire company which gave me a good excuse to contact GMI Construction and ask them about this. Spoke to their Senior Contract Manager and he said they'd been awarded no such contract and the last time they had any contact with SUFC was when they redeveloped the academy and they hadn't been approached about any stadium development work at BL.

So sounds like its a non-starter

Thought it was circa £13m invested from the Prince personally? The rest from player sales, cup runs and other revenue streams totaling circa £25m.

And we are still a bag o'shite :(

I work for a construction material hire company which gave me a good excuse to contact GMI Construction and ask them about this. Spoke to their Senior Contract Manager and he said they'd been awarded no such contract and the last time they had any contact with SUFC was when they redeveloped the academy and they hadn't been approached about any stadium development work at BL.

So sounds like its a non-starter

Funny that considering they built the Westfield corner in 06

Can't believe this threads still going. Jim's come out and said its just routine paperwork to keep the application still active.

Which is a shame and short sighted btw but there you go.

Back
Top Bottom