Super Furry Blades
Active Member
- Joined
- Feb 7, 2024
- Messages
- 1,114
- Reaction score
- 1,844
I'm sure he scored his 200th league & Cup goal at Blackburn in 86
Think it was 19th April ....
Think it was 19th April ....
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?
He won't remember it but I was lucky enough to do that a few years ago.Tell Keith he was my absolute hero growing up ...I used to get up before school to do my paper round so I could afford to go to match ( parents always skint )
He means so much more to me than these modern day wankers ....
Id love to have a pint with him one day and shake his hand .....
I'm 55 now but I still think about those special days going to the lane in the 80s
Today its just not the same ....
No need to apologiseSorry diode , I hadn't seen your post.
A crazy day at Burnden Park , I recall loads of us climbing over the wall , not to avoid paying but recognising that the turnstiles couldn't cope and we'd miss half the match if we queued
We lost 6-1. Mark Patterson, of all people, got a hat trick.I'm sure he scored his 200th league & Cup goal at Blackburn in 86
Think it was 19th April ....
I haven’t seen him for a year or so but used to regularly chat to him in Graves Park while we were both walking our dogs. He’d had a heart operation and I seem to recall he was waiting for a hip operation. Hope he’s doing alright.I have a bit of a reason for starting this post. Keith still works part time and I’m lucky enough to work along side him. For those who have known him over the years will probably agree he’s very forthright and full of self confidence. This was one of the reasons he was the footballer he was.
I don’t want to say too much but I think he has recently lost a bit of his spark and I think a bit of proper recognition would give him a lift.
He constantly states he hates football today but he could tell you about every goal he ever scored from the good old days and despite what division we were in or how many attended they were definitely the good old days.
I thought Simon garner scored all 6We lost 6-1. Mark Patterson, of all people, got a hat trick.
I think that was his 200th league goal.
SnapTell Keith he was my absolute hero growing up ...I used to get up before school to do my paper round so I could afford to go to match ( parents always skint )
He means so much more to me than these modern day wankers ....
Id love to have a pint with him one day and shake his hand .....
I'm 55 now but I still think about those special days going to the lane in the 80s
Today its just not the same ....
Blackburn away 86
Lost 6-1 ...Edwards for United im sure it was a milestone goal for him
I was only 14/15 ...Great adventure with my slightly younger cousin.
I always remember us doing the conga in away end after 6th went in .
We lost 6-1. Mark Patterson, of all people, got a hat trick.
I think that was his 200th league goal.
Bit harsh to leave Bob Hatton out of that, he was great for both of them.Remember Keith scoring against us at Hull early in the 4th division season before we bought him back. Caused a near riot in the away end in if I remember. It was one of only 4 games we lost that season.
Truth was in a lot of games in that season we were not very good. Them Keith and Colin Morris would suddenly click into action and 15 minutes later we would be 2 or 3 goals up and the game won. Probably one of the best duos I have seen along with Currie and Woodward in a United shirt.
I still can’t work out the “Hatton Turn”Bit harsh to leave Bob Hatton out of that, he was great for both of them.
Coldest match I can remember that afternoon.My favourite Edwards goal was away at Rochdale on a frosty pitch, he had a mare as did every other player, but so typical of the man to score a shit goal and get 3 points for us.
Won 5-1 I think. Was there!Remember Wrexham away think he scored 4..one was a reyt free kick..everyone singing..nobody puts the ball in the net like Edwards Keith Edwards..to the tune of the campbells soup advert.
Batchelors Cup-A-Soup. I remember us singing the Edwards version at a testimonial at Saltergate in May 1986. He buggered off to Leeds that summer.Remember Wrexham away think he scored 4..one was a reyt free kick..everyone singing..nobody puts the ball in the net like Edwards Keith Edwards..to the tune of the campbells soup advert.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?