Killgallon staying!!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So his agent has probably advised him of the big signing on fee he'll get if he goes on a free, plus of course he'll get a big loyalty bonus from United for seeing out his contract. Or am I just being a tad cynical?

It might also be that SUFC are not budging on the fee they are demanding, so all parties decide to leave things until the end of the season. Unless of course someone comes in with a bid that matches the valuation, then he still might leave this week or next.

Good all round this.

Killa gets a big signing on fee if he leaves. Can stay if we pull off promotion on a new contract.

SUFC have a quality defender for a push on the play offs for only £1M [missed transfer money], good all round.

It sounds like he could have taken the option of near guaranteed promotion with Newcastle, but has instead opted to try and gain promotion with us and reassess things in the summer. I'm normally quite cynical, but I'm going to give Killa the benefit of the doubt here - fair play to him.

Rather concerned about the Monty rumours however...

You watch deadline day catch us by surprise then leave us short. Blackwell will say we were "vulnerable" and "thats football"

Still wouldn't be surprised to see him go at 11.59 deadline day.

Regarding the Monty rumours, I'm sure he isn't going anywhere. Rumours purely down to the fact that he's in contract talks at the moment and that the window is open. Perfect breeding ground for rumour.

Yes but didn't McCabe say that James Beattie wasn't going unless we received a "lucrative" deal for him. I take it he's playing in our reserves or something cos we only received a £3.5m bid for him.

I'd say £3.5 Million was a lucrative deal for the player coming up to being out of contract in 18 months IMHO.

I'd say £3.5 Million was a lucrative deal for the player coming up to being out of contract in 18 months IMHO.

He had 2 and a half years remaining on his contract FB.

He signed a 4 year deal and was 1 and a half years into it.

He had 2 and a half years remaining on his contract FB.

He signed a 4 year deal and was 1 and a half years into it.

Unfortunately we couldn't afford to pay him.:eek:

It sounds like he could have taken the option of near guaranteed promotion with Newcastle, but has instead opted to try and gain promotion with us and reassess things in the summer. I'm normally quite cynical, but I'm going to give Killa the benefit of the doubt here - fair play to him.

Rather concerned about the Monty rumours however...
I know just how you feel mate. I'm also very concerned the rumours might not be true.

On the other hand we've had a good ten years of his sublime skills and the magical memories will stay in our hearts for ever.

Surely we should not begrudge the maestro an opportunity to display his unique talents on the biggest stage of all?

We all knew, deep down, that this day would come. He was always destined for one of the Premiership giants. We should be thankful to have had him for so long.

Come on Pinchy, change the record.

I didn't introduce the issue of Monty into a thread about Matt Kilgallon! Loughborough did!

So long as the nonsense keeps coming I'll keep correcting it.

Anyway, Back to Killa, according to Radio Sheffield his agent has ruled out a deal for him to stay in the summer, looks like he's going for the big signing on fee!

11.23 Reports are suggesting Sunderland have entered the race to sign Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon, who was recently the subject of interest from Burnley.

I just wish he would fuck off so we can get on with our season. I dont believe for a minute that his statement to see out his contract was a serious one. If he gets a good enough offer he will go in January regardless.

He wouldnt get in the team just now anyway. Seip has nipped in front of him.

Lou, Killa can't do anything without the clubs say so.

I would say it is 60% the club and 40% Killa who are trying engineer a move at this moment in time.

The fact that Blackwell has extended Jon Fortunes deal until the end of the season speaks volumes.

I expect to see Killa in red & white again but the club crest will be Sunderland's. One thing you notice with Niall Quinn is he doesn't piss about, if he wants a player he pays the right money, (often too much ala Gordon) and gets the deal done.

The fact that Blackwell has extended Jon Fortunes deal until the end of the season speaks volumes.

I expect to see Killa in red & white again but the club crest will be Sunderland's. One thing you notice with Niall Quinn is he doesn't piss about, if he wants a player he pays the right money, (often too much ala Gordon) and gets the deal done.

Lets hope so.

Lou, Killa can't do anything without the clubs say so.

I would say it is 60% the club and 40% Killa who are trying engineer a move at this moment in time.

I'd say its now more like 90% the club thats trying to engineer his move.

We know we won't get anything for him in the summer, we've got our replacements in and now the club want him out so we can get some money in before the end of the month... perhaps then we'll do something with the money other than bank it! Nah

Killa will no doubt be happier to get a deal on a free in the summer, hence turning down two offers from Newcastle and Burnley... He probably thinks he can get more money than they're prepared to offer

The ITKers on Sunderland messageboards are getting very excited that Killa is having a medical at the moment and he's being bought for around 1.25 million.

The ITKers on Sunderland messageboards are getting very excited that Killa is having a medical at the moment and he's being bought for around 1.25 million.

Nothing to base this on but I think the price would be higher than that.

Burnely's bid was £1.75M which and I can't see us taking less from moneybags Sunderland.

Nothing to base this on but I think the price would be higher than that.

Burnely's bid was £1.75M which and I can't see us taking less from moneybags Sunderland.

Depends how eager we are to get rid I suppose. Which I think as the month ticks by, we're are very.

:D Sunderland can offer what they want............. if Killa says no its no !

:D Sunderland can offer what they want............. if Killa says no its no !

Unless you know something I can't see Killa turning them down. It would be a great move for him because I can't see many of the clubs above them being interested.
Maybe Everton but they are struggling just to maintain their league position season on season with no money. At least Sunderland seem to have some money behind them.

Guess it all depends on the quality of available hairdressers and Rim shops for the 'Rover.

Local Sunderland rag pricing the move at 2 million.

Back
Top Bottom