Player Suggestion Kieffer Moore

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m really surprised there isn’t more talk/interest in KM on our part. Obviously I can’t speak for our manager, who clearly knows his onions (onions being players) but for me Moore would be a great addition as an option from the bench, at the right price.

Having seen/hearing a lot about him from his time at two local clubs, I think he fits our bill perfectly (and budget). For me he’s be like an upgrade on Hanson, and the type of player we will need in some games.

He’s a good age
He’s affordable
He’s local
He’s in decent form
Would surely fancy a step back up from L1 to Champ
Barnsley would surely be tempted to sell for £1-2 million
Why not?

Saying that, whoever we bring in I’ll be happy with, as long as CW gets the players HE wants and the money he needs for them.

They want £2m minimum apparently

Yeh I hope he has mate, especially if it’s to replace one of BS or LC. All I’m saying is, it looks like we need at least two new additions up top, and I guess not both of them are going to be big marquee signings, so what about Moore as a ‘cheaper’ addition to our
Possibly. Personally I think it will be one ‘marquee’ signing and one premier loan (ie Gallagher).

No, no and no again. He’s not good enough for us if we seriously want to be pushing on from last season. If anybody thinks he’s worth £2m then they need their heads wobbling.

Wanted us to sign him last summer. Would 100% start for us. Plus I don't think he's injured alot.

Agree. I would have thought we would have been all over this last in January for his physical presence he could bring to us for not a lot of money. But then again some of our fans are total snobs these days and wouldn't want him as he's a donkey or not 'good enough' as he's not easy on the eye (despite being very effective at what he does well).

Agree. I would have thought we would have been all over this last in January for his physical presence he could bring to us for not a lot of money. But then again some of our fans are total snobs these days and wouldn't want him as he's a donkey or not 'good enough' as he's not easy on the eye (despite being very effective at what he does well).
He’s a donkey

He’s a donkey

Maybe. But he came on for Ipswich on Saturday and caused havoc and scored two goals meaning that they almost came back to snatch a draw after being 3 down. He completely changed the game. He was playing for a side that sits near the top of the Championship. The same league that SUFC will be in again in about 3 months. We could have done a lot worse than to start future proofing ourselves for next season where he would be an excellent option. But instead, nah, sod that. He's not easy on the eye like those glorious boys we have up front for us at the moment who are a prolific bunch and goal machines each and every one of em.

Maybe. But he came on for Ipswich on Saturday and caused havoc and scored two goals meaning that they almost came back to snatch a draw after being 3 down. He completely changed the game. He was playing for a side that sits near the top of the Championship. The same league that SUFC will be in again in about 3 months. We could have done a lot worse than to start future proofing ourselves for next season where he would be an excellent option. But instead, nah, sod that. He's not easy on the eye like those glorious boys we have up front for us at the moment who are a prolific bunch and goal machines each and every one of em.

Completely agree, a donkey that's scored 80 in his last 213 games, 12 in 39 for Wales, he's not fashionable but he scores goals, can anyone actually say we wouldn't have been better off with him than Traore

And also for a plan B, when McBurnie is injured/suspended

Could have taken a very confident guess in the summer that had we brought Moore in, he would be a bigger contributor than whoever we sign instead

Not a glamour signing - he's certainly no Benie Traore - but he's one of those like Robinson for example who you know would be a reliably solid, useful addition and probably stick around for a while. And that's an above average result for a signing

Completely agree, a donkey that's scored 80 in his last 213 games, 12 in 39 for Wales, he's not fashionable but he scores goals, can anyone actually say we wouldn't have been better off with him than Traore

For this season? I'd rather have the player that has attributes that might work in the PL, rather than just looking for the hoofball option. For next season? I'd rather take my chances with what we've got rather than hauling in what'd be then a 32 year old journeyman to block development

For this season? I'd rather have the player that has attributes that might work in the PL, rather than just looking for the hoofball option. For next season? I'd rather take my chances with what we've got rather than hauling in what'd be then a 32 year old journeyman to block development

hoofball option? His last 5 teams have been far from hoofball sides

Well, I fail to see what other assets he has that could possibly work in the PL apart from being 6'5"

I'm not saying he is the second coming of Jesus, but he could have done us a job, he did score a few in the premier last season in not many starts, but let's not let facts and stats get in the way of you budging from your opinion of someone based on his height

hoofball option? His last 5 teams have been far from hoofball sides
Bournemouth change their style of play when he’s on. More balls into the box, long balls etc.

He is good at what he does, at champ level, but the style of play that comes with it is nasty. Fine if you can balance it with nice stuff like bournemouth and he becomes the plan B to disrupt for 10 mins but we don’t have the nice bits to balance it with. We would become even more hoofy and loose the ball even more.

I personally can’t bear that type of football, probably because historically we’ve played so much of it and at this level you need more about you. I would like us to evolve from that. I can watch that at Sunday league level.

If our team had a bit more balance i would probably be more open to it but the thought of us smashing more long aimless balls forward doesn’t entice me.

Well, I fail to see what other assets he has that could possibly work in the PL apart from being 6'5"
He gets in nearly every championship side, the division we'll be playing in next season.

His injury record and stats are better than McBurnie oh and the potential superstar Jebbison

Not for me. I don’t doubt he’s effective at what he does but i just don’t get any enjoyment out of watching that type of football.

He would probably score a few for us but our style of play would suffer even more.

For me Mcburnie ticks this box but has some ability to play it on the deck as well.

We definitely wouldn't want someone who could come on, change a game and score goals because it could disrupt our style of play.

Out of interest what is our style of play at the moment?

I’d get him and duck mcb off as he’s always injured…

Man city were a very good side. They improved by getting a very good big man up top.

They are Liverpool aren't embarrassed enough to hit a long ball from the keeper every now and then.

Sniffy fans don't like them but I think every squad needs a big man to mix it up. When we don't have mcburnie we miss that as a option

Man city were a very good side. They improved by getting a very good big man up top.

They are Liverpool aren't embarrassed enough to hit a long ball from the keeper every now and then.

Sniffy fans don't like them but I think every squad needs a big man to mix it up. When we don't have mcburnie we miss that as a option

Are you talking about Haaland? 😂

Are you talking about Haaland? 😂
Yes. He's a big powerful unit. He's obviously rh best one in the world but people don't like them anymore and turn their nose up at them. Maybe he will make them see the benefits of one!

Yes. He's a big powerful unit. He's obviously rh best one in the world but people don't like them anymore and turn their nose up at them. Maybe he will make them see the benefits of one!

I agree with the sentiment behind what you’re saying. I just thought it was funny to describe Man City signing the best striker in the world as them “getting a big man up top”.

Wilder has done it a couple of times with Hanson and Madine, getting a different sort of striker in to help get you through some games.

Back
Top Bottom