Player Suggestion Kieffer Moore

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Signing Kieffer Moore wouldn't be to try and score 20+ goals, it's to take the attention away from the other striker, it's to tussle in the box, it's to be a proper bully and cause 2 defenders to challenge for the ball when he's up top.

If you saw, Kieffer needed Stearman and Bash to challenge against him and Moore won every time. If he then manages a flick on, guess who's free and unmarked.

I wouldn't be signing Kieffer for him to score goals, just to hold the ball up, be solid at defending set pieces, nod the ball down for someone like Billy to tap in after a Baldock cross.

If he scores, jackpot

Hanson vs Peterborough away last season.

He'd be a possibility. I'd worry though about spending c. £1,000,000 for a striker who doesn't score and isn't going to be first choice. I think we do need a bit of pace up there as well and that would be where I'd put the bulk of the cash.

For me the priorities are:-

• Blackman on another loan or a new GK (McGregor from Hull?)
  • Striker with pace
  • Striker with presence
  • A Centre Half
  • A left wing-back to contest the position with Stevens

Hanson vs Peterborough away last season.
exactly, how crucial of a goal was that for us at the time

same with the flick onto billy for the 2nd goal at northampton. no one else in the team would've done what he did

We couldn’t afford him. Barnsley spend more money than us. Maybe they’ll look at taking our players.

Should be best the singles to his moniker in the first place.

I'd rather we passed on a striker not deemed good enough for Ipswich

We've got a striker not deemed good enough for Wendy though..................that bit em on the arse didn't it!!, well done Leon!!
Oh, and we had Wilson from Manc Poo, and all we can deem him, is simply "not good".

We've got a striker not deemed good enough for Wendy though..................that bit em on the arse didn't it!!, well done Leon!!
Oh, and we had Wilson from Manc Poo, and all we can deem him, is simply "not good".

Alright let's gerrim signed up. He'll turn into a wonder striker no doubt

He'd be a possibility. I'd worry though about spending c. £1,000,000 for a striker who doesn't score and isn't going to be first choice. I think we do need a bit of pace up there as well and that would be where I'd put the bulk of the cash.

For me the priorities are:-

• Blackman on another loan or a new GK (McGregor from Hull?)
  • Striker with pace
  • Striker with presence
  • A Centre Half
  • A left wing-back to contest the position with Stevens

You ask for a striker with preference then say K Moore shouldn’t be an option?

Think he would be a good addition, was a handful at barnsley away!

He is a handful just like what we saw from the massive lad off the bench for Russia which is now on our rumours board as a suggestion. Would like a bit more though in a player than just presence and height. Yes off the bench fine and Moore is a handful but for the money he'd cost us I'd rather someone with a bit more guile. Saying that I've not seen him much and he is young and can improve.

I wouldn’t be opposed to this if we needed an upgrade on Hanson and a plan b off the bench. He proved he can score on loan at Rotherham who created decent chances.

That said I’d be disappointed if this was he only addition up front and I don’t think he’ll score more that either sharp or Clark and if we are keen on pushing for the play offs I think he’s a level below what could take us there.

Unfortunately not stupid logic on my behalf Chali - my view is based on what I saw of him at Yeovil and Dorchester Town!

Unfortunately not stupid logic on my behalf Chali - my view is based on what I saw of him at Yeovil and Dorchester Town!

You're view fails to account for improvement - you saw him 3 years ago (at least).

I’m really surprised there isn’t more talk/interest in KM on our part. Obviously I can’t speak for our manager, who clearly knows his onions (onions being players) but for me Moore would be a great addition as an option from the bench, at the right price.

Having seen/hearing a lot about him from his time at two local clubs, I think he fits our bill perfectly (and budget). For me he’s be like an upgrade on Hanson, and the type of player we will need in some games.

He’s a good age
He’s affordable
He’s local
He’s in decent form
Would surely fancy a step back up from L1 to Champ
Barnsley would surely be tempted to sell for £1-2 million
Why not?

Saying that, whoever we bring in I’ll be happy with, as long as CW gets the players HE wants and the money he needs for them.

I’m really surprised there isn’t more talk/interest in KM on our part. Obviously I can’t speak for our manager, who clearly knows his onions (onions being players) but for me Moore would be a great addition as an option from the bench, at the right price.

Having seen/hearing a lot about him from his time at two local clubs, I think he fits our bill perfectly (and budget). For me he’s be like an upgrade on Hanson, and the type of player we will need in some games.

He’s a good age
He’s affordable
He’s local
He’s in decent form
Would surely fancy a step back up from L1 to Champ
Barnsley would surely be tempted to sell for £1-2 million
Why not?

Saying that, whoever we bring in I’ll be happy with, as long as CW gets the players HE wants and the money he needs for them.
Think Wilder has his sights set higher to be honest. Wants a striker that has good championship pedigree.

Think Wilder has his sights set higher to be honest. Wants a striker that has good championship pedigree.
Yeh I hope he has mate, especially if it’s to replace one of BS or LC. All I’m saying is, it looks like we need at least two new additions up top, and I guess not both of them are going to be big marquee signings, so what about Moore as a ‘cheaper’ addition to our

Yeh I hope he has mate, especially if it’s to replace one of BS or LC. All I’m saying is, it looks like we need at least two new additions up top, and I guess not both of them are going to be big marquee signings, so what about Moore as a ‘cheaper’ addition to our
...pool or forwards. I think we need BS, LC then three more (either let Lavery go or give him a chance as part of the three).

I do like Moore but he would only ever be a sub here (a great sub I may add). It depends if money stretches.

Back
Top Bottom