Keith Edwards Podcast

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great interview, Sir Keef has such clarity as to what it takes to be a goalscorer. Brewster would do well to listen to such a mentor with such single mindedness to score.

Absolutely spot on!

One of the finest strikers in our history is driving lorries for a living. Yet some who are only the finest in their own mind or in the minds of middling kebab shop owners will.never have to work again

I often wonder how former players reflect on the wages of the day. Some players today are not worthy to polish the boots of TC, Woody or the head of Alan Cork for that matter!

I often wonder how former players reflect on the wages of the day. Some players today are not worthy to polish the boots of TC, Woody or the head of Alan Cork for that matter!
Alan....Alan....Cork....he's got no hair, we don't care. Alan.... Alan Cork....❤️❤️❤️❤️
Fav shampoo, Brasso
Apologies Alan....

Another YouTube suggestion today, Keith scoring a free kick, great away kit and we could do with a Glenn Cockerill type for our midfield.

A very uncomplicated player, who knew what a striker was supposed to be and knew exactly where the net was
And knew where everybody else was or should have been. Good footballing brain.

A CHAT WITH KEITH EDWARDS PODCAST!
To celebrate the Birthday of King Keith here is a podcast filmed earlier this year.
It was an an Emotional one for me on a personal level, got to see my old man live his dream after a bad year having a stroke and operations etc!
And after all his struggles and low's I got to see him have a chat and a pint with his personal hero, after all he has been through, this experience meant the world to him and me, THANK YOU KEITH.

Really hope those of you that give it a watch really enjoy it and really appreciate you taking the time, thank you!

Just watched, my memory is ok on the Bolton goal 😂 thanks, enjoyed it 👍🙂

Bolton was lively that day, plenty of bottles and bricks being thrown in the ground, also we got ambushed as we were walking under a bridge to the ground, happy days 😬😂

MY HERO AS A KID just been sat in the garden listening to this even telling Mrs not to disturbe or talk to me for an hour , left foot right foot Beckham style free kicks and hardly ever took pens even taking corners and still scoring away at Gillingham ,Great interview but no mention of the famous Pele goal against Bristol Rovers in my opinion the best goal I've ever seen at Bramall Lane

Keith was my hero alongside Colin Morris. Still remember the 1983-84 season. Remember the Bolton away game where Keith scored but got a boot in the face scoring it. That goal took us up basically although we didn’t realise it at the time. Met Keith a few years back, was behind him at Norton Lees, had a chat with him on the fairway, asked how he was and how Colin was going on. Lovely fella is Keith and was one hell of a good striker.

Another YouTube suggestion today, Keith scoring a free kick, great away kit and we could do with a Glenn Cockerill type for our midfield.

Can you just imaging how good they‘d look on our pitch now instead of that ploughed field? Edwards and Morris would be unstoppable.

Nothing will keep him away pal and thanks for the kind words really glad you enjoyed it
Really enjoyed it and your Dad did a superb job conducting the interview. Please let him know.
Big hero of mine, too, Keith Edwards.

When he was 1 on 1 there was only one outcome.

That equaliser at Bury was right in front of me. Jeff King cross and he buried it as we all went mental.

The Bolton game went on the service train that day came out of station and blades fans were outside just twating anyone I kopted for punch on the ear hole had to tell them I was a blade ,soz pal was his reply 😃

He was a Blade and we loved him really!

Unpopular admission - I really didn’t like him. He was emblematic of a potless and crudely unimaginative club. Lowlights included elbowing a Blackburn defender to get red carded, and taking a last minute corner that barely reach the penalty area.

Basically he played like he looked. :(

Unpopular admission - I really didn’t like him. He was emblematic of a potless and crudely unimaginative club. Lowlights included elbowing a Blackburn defender to get red carded, and taking a last minute corner that barely reach the penalty area.

We all have our favourites and others we are not so keen on. He did bag lots of goals for us during his spells with us.

We all have our favourites and others we are not so keen on. He did bag lots of goals for us during his spells with us.

You’re a generous soul - he scored 7 in 54. :)

I’ll admit I was a teenager then, so not the wisest viewer. To end on a positive - I preferred him to Darius Henderson.

You’re a generous soul - he scored 7 in 54. :)

I’ll admit I was a teenager then, so not the wisest viewer. To end on a positive - I preferred him to Darius Henderson.

Wiki has him at 171 in 293. I'm sure our resident statos will correct that if wrong.

Darius only seemed to have one skill which was backing into defenders and giving free kicks away.

I actually have a bizarre link to Darius. My Beloved claims she dated both his dad and his uncle (not at the same time she assures me) and to this day refers to Darius as "my almost son" when she's in tease mode, which is most of the time!

Was the elbow during a home game? I can’t remember the opposition but I can still remember him jumping for a corner and elbowing the defender, really nasty challenge, for which he was rightly sent off.

Was the elbow during a home game? I can’t remember the opposition but I can still remember him jumping for a corner and elbowing the defender, really nasty challenge, for which he was rightly sent off.

Yeah, Blackburn at home - the game Shearer scored twice in, and I think Bradshaw was sent off too.

Not sure which game Cork’s comedy corner came in, but it made Izzy Brown’s seem rapier like.

Wiki has him at 171 in 293. I'm sure our resident statos will correct that if wrong.

Darius only seemed to have one skill which was backing into defenders and giving free kicks away.

I actually have a bizarre link to Darius. My Beloved claims she dated both his dad and his uncle (not at the same time she assures me) and to this day refers to Darius as "my almost son" when she's in tease mode, which is most of the time!

I think JohnDenver is talking about Alan Cork, whereas you are referring to King Keith with the stats you mention. You're talking about two different players!

JD was saying that he wasn't overly keen on Alan Cork. Tbf, I wasn't that struck on him either (Cork) as he was a cheap punt taken on a player past his sell by date (did score at Wembley v the Pigs though so he wasn't a bad lad). But in keeping with the thread subject, he was no King Keith either.

Glenn Cockerill was one of the best players that I have ever seen in a Blades shirt.

Unfortunately for him he played in a shit team and as a result his legacy within our club is generally grossly undervalued.

Having said that, my son is called Keith Edward 😉

I think JohnDenver is talking about Alan Cork, whereas you are referring to King Keith with the stats you mention. You're talking about two different players!

JD was saying that he wasn't overly keen on Alan Cork. Tbf, I wasn't that struck on him either (Cork) as he was a cheap punt taken on a player past his sell by date (did score at Wembley v the Pigs though so he wasn't a bad lad). But in keeping with the thread subject, he was no King Keith either.

Ahh...I see. Thanks for pointing out.

Glenn Cockerill was one of the best players that I have ever seen in a Blades shirt.

Unfortunately for him he played in a shit team and as a result his legacy within our club is generally grossly undervalued.

Having said that, my son is called Keith Edward 😉
So is my son 😂

MY HERO AS A KID just been sat in the garden listening to this even telling Mrs not to disturbe or talk to me for an hour , left foot right foot Beckham style free kicks and hardly ever took pens even taking corners and still scoring away at Gillingham ,Great interview but no mention of the famous Pele goal against Bristol Rovers in my opinion the best goal I've ever seen at Bramall Lane
Ditto on the Bristol Rovers goal. Was Alan Ball managing them that day ?
My memory of it was he'd got his arm up to salute the Kop before he'd even taken the shot once he'd dummied the keeper.
Enjoy his commentary too, sees the game as I do, probably as I was brought up on that era of how football was played.

Back
Top Bottom