Keith Edwards Podcast

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Shoreham_View

Reaction score
A CHAT WITH KEITH EDWARDS PODCAST!
To celebrate the Birthday of King Keith here is a podcast filmed earlier this year.
It was an an Emotional one for me on a personal level, got to see my old man live his dream after a bad year having a stroke and operations etc!
And after all his struggles and low's I got to see him have a chat and a pint with his personal hero, after all he has been through, this experience meant the world to him and me, THANK YOU KEITH.

Really hope those of you that give it a watch really enjoy it and really appreciate you taking the time, thank you!

I remember a divisional rivals team manager sometime back in the 80s summarised it the best.

He said 'we didn't give Keith Edwards a kick for 88 minutes and thought we had played him out of the game. Then full time came and we had lost 2 nil and Edwards had scored them both'.

Great podcast. I always like to hear Keith, on Radio Sheffield. great goalscorer for us.
Should never have been sold to Hull. scored a lot of great goals.I remember that great goal against Port Vale.
I was there just to the right of the goal, on tv as well. a true Blade Legend.

I remember the last minute goal that he scored away at Bolton in May 84 which we all thought was a consolation only and relatively meaningless as we were 3 down at the time. Turns out that that goal was the difference between us going up and staying down as we pipped Hull City on goals scored as goal difference was level. That goal took us up. It just so happened that whilst King Keith was nodding it in, he was getting a very nasty kick in the face which required him getting stitches for his trouble. Some players wouldn't have put their head in there where it hurt with the boots flying but King Keith did when it mattered. He might have been a lazy so and so but when it came to scoring goals he had no fear.

He'll always be a footballing hero to me.

Though not every ones favourite radio pundit, he'll do for me, for the reasons given by Gaini Blade in post 9.
Far better than representatives from, quote "that bag of shit" on the other side any day of the week.

A very uncomplicated player, who knew what a striker was supposed to be and knew exactly where the net was

I remember the last minute goal that he scored away at Bolton in May 84 which we all thought was a consolation only and relatively meaningless as we were 3 down at the time. Turns out that that goal was the difference between us going up and staying down as we pipped Hull City on goals scored as goal difference was level. That goal took us up. It just so happened that whilst King Keith was nodding it in, he was getting a very nasty kick in the face which required him getting stitches for his trouble. Some players wouldn't have put their head in there where it hurt with the boots flying but King Keith did when it mattered. He might have been a lazy so and so but when it came to scoring goals he had no fear.

He'll always be a footballing hero to me.
Remember that day well, bank holiday Monday, a load of us went from work, borrowed firms clapped out minibus, nutty Norman driving.....😆😆😆😆. Got lost thrice on way there.
Got to ground at 14:45, may hem outside as about 2000 blades fans still trying to get in.
We ended up in the stand to the right of the away end.
Bottles, seats and all sorts flying in the battle of the bottom corner, then more Bolton fans round from their kop to join in, more blades surged in and sent em packing.
Proper naughty....
We were sat next to an 80 year old boltan lass and her friend, to quote her

"This is only for Bolton fans this stand..."
At which point we were creased up, but we made sure no harm came to them and had some good banter with them.

Remember that day well, bank holiday Monday, a load of us went from work, borrowed firms clapped out minibus, nutty Norman driving.....😆😆😆😆. Got lost thrice on way there.
Got to ground at 14:45, may hem outside as about 2000 blades fans still trying to get in.
Bottles, seats and all sorts flying in the battle of the bottom corner, then more Bolton fans round from their kop to join in, more blades surged in and sent em packing.
Proper naughty....

At which point we were creased up, but we made sure no harm came to them and had some good banter with them.
I think I was sat in that stand. At one point a keg of beer came tumbling down the aisle next to us.

Proper naughty....

Yes i was there too, and it did really go off in most parts of the ground. Wasn't that the game where a few Bolton fans were giving it to some Blades fans (in the home end) until two well know blades brothers (Sm**ley) jumped in with a load of other Blades lads and changed the odds slightly!! Different times (thankfully) but as you say it was loaded with violence that day.

In keeping with the theme of the day it seemed quite apt that Edwards got booted in the face and needed stitches scoring our goal!

He is way better than piggy peartwat, Keef does know what he's on about on the radio, unlike the deluded ****s
Love his commentary myself. Very insightful. Absolute goal machine back in the day (though I'm too young to have seen him live, I've seen many videos of him online)

Back
Top Bottom