Incoming? Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

While Nixon is a bell-whiff, I don't think he's as much of a chancer as many do.

But on this occasion, how on earth can he know what our fucking budget is? I'm relatively certain he said we had 20million earlier in the window too.

While Nixon is a bell-whiff, I don't think he's as much of a chancer as many do.

But on this occasion, how on earth can he know what our fucking budget is? I'm relatively certain he said we had 20million earlier in the window too.
Because the Prince and McC and Tufty took him to one side and told him how much was available. Honest injun!

The whole £20m budget thing originated from a comment by CW when he commented he felt Utd's budget would be close to that of Norwich's.

Numerous people including many on here ran with that although I don't remember Nixon doing so. Obviously, that has proved to be way off the mark.

That said, I would be surprised if Utd were Utd were able afford (as well as attract) Phillips and that other options are more likely.

£20m budget was realism wasn't it?

No one really knew tho Mark. I had it down to be a little more, but I admit I didn't have us spending £43m + a rather large wage bill increase

In the main I'm really happy. Certainly pleased the board have pushed the boat out and backed the manager. Just hoping that with integrating this many Championship signings, they can all make the step up

But that's because we (both Blades and Swans) had time to get it completed. The brinkmanship means clubs can sit on bids and bidding clubs don't have to go in as high as they necessarily would do.

As it gets closer to the end of the window, clubs become more desperate. Results in clubs accepting lower bids and making higher bids than they otherwise would do.

Leeds may panic and accept a bid tomorrow, in order to give them time to get a replacement in. Meanwhile, we could go in with a huge bid to make sure we're not left short. We won't, but you get the idea.

Absolutely. There will be transfers tomorrow where there has been no previous contact whatsoever between the respective clubs. It’s why we ❤️ Jim White Day so much.

He’s getting ready as we speak:

89918929-6273-4321-BA6B-DE6FD129D509.gif

Last edited:
Its just an advert about football on sky its got Scottish prem aswell and leeds was on sky more than some prem teams last season because sky even thought leeds was going too get premoted

Last edited:

The advert says Premier League on Sky,do they know summat we dont.

It's just uploaded by some random on YouTube, if Sky had uploaded it it would have been correctly titled, probably "New Season, New Dreams" because that's the campaign.

Back
Top Bottom