Incoming? Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RC said he was a top target for us months ago, and this is confirmed in the Star tonight. Quite why we haven't made an actual approach though as yet is an odd one, if he was on our original wish list. I can't see it happening to be honest, too much money will be required, and it's a bit late if we haven't even made an approach yet.

RC said he was a top target for us months ago, and this is confirmed in the Star tonight. Quite why we haven't made an actual approach though as yet is an odd one, if he was on our original wish list. I can't see it happening to be honest, too much money will be required, and it's a bit late if we haven't even made an approach yet.

I mean, when they are turning down bids of £20m plus - that gives you the answer as to why we haven’t bid for him.

Nothing in this at all.

I mean, when they are turning down bids of £20m plus - that gives you the answer as to why we haven’t bid for him.

Nothing in this at all.

They haven't turned any bids down yet, at least ones that are public knowledge anyway.

I don’t see us spending another £20m, which is what I think he will cost. I think we’re about done with recruitment. I expect one more loan signing, possibly a midfield player that is capable of playing in defence.

If there is any change left over in the budget Wilder is probably saving it for January.

I don’t see us spending another £20m, which is what I think he will cost. I think we’re about done with recruitment. I expect one more loan signing, possibly a midfield player that is capable of playing in defence.

If there is any change left over in the budget Wilder is probably saving it for January.

We'll Wilder has said one or two hasn't he? We only have one loan slot left (discounting the forruhner) so that would suggest more money available.

I agree though, I'd be astonished if we were competing for KP.

He's not signed a new contract with them yet and is in the last year of his deal so they may be forced to cash in if any kind of decent offer comes in.

In other news, I can't believe they only have 1 striker, and I use the term loosely :)

IF we or someone else signed him. This would eclipse Woodgate signing for Newcastle . That was a fond memory. Wonder if Bielsa and their chairman will have an awkward presser after similar to Venables and Publicity Pete. Look North was at half mast that evening as well!

He's not signed a new contract with them yet and is in the last year of his deal so they may be forced to cash in if any kind of decent offer comes in.

In other news, I can't believe they only have 1 striker, and I use the term loosely :)

Straight swap for Leon....

I know things go on behind the scenes that we don't know about but I find it hard to believe we could complete and transfer of this size in so little time. McBurnie took an age, for instance.

I know things go on behind the scenes that we don't know about but I find it hard to believe we could complete and transfer of this size in so little time. McBurnie took an age, for instance.

But that's because we (both Blades and Swans) had time to get it completed. The brinkmanship means clubs can sit on bids and bidding clubs don't have to go in as high as they necessarily would do.

As it gets closer to the end of the window, clubs become more desperate. Results in clubs accepting lower bids and making higher bids than they otherwise would do.

Leeds may panic and accept a bid tomorrow, in order to give them time to get a replacement in. Meanwhile, we could go in with a huge bid to make sure we're not left short. We won't, but you get the idea.

I doubt he'd come to us if there's other big fish sniffing around but I reckon this lad or someone similar could be the difference between survival and relegation.

Jumped into a general transfer Q&A with a load of writers on The Athletic inc. Phil Hay and Leeds fans laughed at the idea there was any chance Phillips could end up with us. For that alone, I really want this to happen.

I can't make my mind up on this one.

He's quite the athlete but I can't tell whether there's a player in there. Against us, he's just been a bit of a shit twat.

Besides, I can't see Leeds selling to us on principle, at any price.

He's quite the athlete but I can't tell whether there's a player in there. Against us, he's just been a bit of a shit twat.

You would think they would be happy to with the amount of players we have given away to them over the years.....selfish bastards.

He’s their best, most valuable player. Would be a hell of a signing if we could pull it off. Would really hamper their chances too which is a bonus, Bielsa sees him as the most important player for his system.

I refuse to believe this is happening

We’ve had a decent window, but we only have so much to spend
£43m on fees then add say £20m on to the wage bill and I think that’s our lot. Perhaps a loan but that’s it I reckon

Don't get the hype around Phillips personally. Every time I've seen him play, all I've ever thought of him was that he's OK.

The prices quoted of £20 million are absolutely absurd. He's a defensive midfielder, in the last year of his contract. Considering we've just signed a striker who bagged 20+ last season, is 23 & had 2 years left on his contract for less than that, anyone who's chucking those kind of bids around for Phillips needs their bumps feeling IMO.

Don't get the hype around Phillips personally. Every time I've seen him play, all I've ever thought of him was that he's OK.

The prices quoted of £20 million are absolutely absurd. He's a defensive midfielder, in the last year of his contract. Considering we've just signed a striker who bagged 20+ last season, is 23 & had 2 years left on his contract for less than that, anyone who's chucking those kind of bids around for Phillips needs their bumps feeling IMO.

Agreed, I would sooner sign Matty Phillips.

Pineapple head although fits in well at Leeds always looks like he is on the verge of a red card every time he makes a tackle.

He’s quality, good enough for the prem. Plus taking Leeds’ best player off their hands would add to it. Fits us well too, young, English and has a point to prove. Don’t think we’ll get him tbh but would be amazing if we did.

I refuse to believe this is happening

We’ve had a decent window, but we only have so much to spend
£43m on fees then add say £20m on to the wage bill and I think that’s our lot. Perhaps a loan but that’s it I reckon
Not like you to be pessimistic mate 😂

He’s quality, good enough for the prem. Plus taking Leeds’ best player off their hands would add to it. Fits us well too, young, English and has a point to prove. Don’t think we’ll get him tbh but would be amazing if we did.
Unable to stop Sharp and Bash sything through their defence

Back
Top Bottom