K.Mac, Shaun Miller AND Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Will we get a replacement for K.Mac or will we change our formation?

When is Shaun Miller and D. de Girolamo back from injury?

And could K.Mac replacement be Girolamo?

I wouldnt expect Miller and Geronimo back before Xmas. If they're back earlier it's a bonus

Mo is K-Mac's replacement? He doesn't look happy with the news.

Mo-Farah-008.jpg

I think de Girolamo will be back training next month. I saw him at Gosforth last month and someone posted in here (or BM) saying that de Girolamo was saying that he starts training in Sept

Yeah I think they've been keeping Diego's injury and any updates pretty low key. I'd be surprised if he wasn't back around the squad well before Christmas.

Not really. He'll be in the first team squad this season when he's fit. How's that hyping him up? DW has alluded to as much in his interviews anyway.

Not really. He'll be in the first team squad this season when he's fit. How's that hyping him up? DW has alluded to as much in his interviews anyway.

Putting him forward as a direct replacement for our most creative and technically gifted first team player.
I'd say that's hyping him up, especially as most don't know him and have hardly seen him play.

I never saw De Girolamo play other than a cameo appearance in some mid week game, can't remember which, what does this kid have that gets him mentioned so much on forums?

Miller is our only hope. He's the only player at the club who is a proven goal scorer.

I never saw De Girolamo play other than a cameo appearance in some mid week game, can't remember which, what does this kid have that gets him mentioned so much on forums?

A foreign sounding name.

Miller is our only hope. He's the only player at the club who is a proven goal scorer.

39 goals in 111 starts and 52 sub appearances for Crewe and four goals for us doesn't really constitute a proven goal scorer in my book. Best of a bad bunch? Maybe. Good enough to pin our hopes on for a promotion campaign, especially after a serious injury? I'm not so sure.

39 goals in 111 starts and 52 sub appearances for Crewe and four goals for us doesn't really constitute a proven goal scorer in my book. Best of a bad bunch? Maybe. Good enough to pin our hopes on for a promotion campaign, especially after a serious injury? I'm not so sure.
If you score 1 goal for us your a proven goal scorer

He is meant to be technically brilliant. Very skilfull and can score from distance... BUT..... Unproven.

To pin hopes on him at 17 ?!? Is ridiculous. If his name was Steve Smith nobody would hype him up like they are.

4 in 15 for us. However, how many were starts? I'll guess at 7 maybe?!?

He is meant to be technically brilliant. Very skilfull and can score from distance... BUT..... Unproven.

To pin hopes on him at 17 ?!? Is ridiculous. If his name was Steve Smith nobody would hype him up like they are.

I can't imagine what Everton were thinking starting Wayne Rooney at 16. and before you get your knickers in a twist, I am not comparing.. just saying he was unproven and around the same age. Your hero Wilson was starting to get him in the 1st team :) x

Putting him forward as a direct replacement for our most creative and technically gifted first team player.
I'd say that's hyping him up, especially as most don't know him and have hardly seen him play.

Apparently he is a number 10 like the role McDonald and from what I can we don't have many options in the club to play that in a formation Weir prefers. If you think we are going to replace McDonald with someone of similar quality then I think your'e barking up the wrong tree. When the lad is fit he will be put in the shop window (first11).

Also, I believe the people who have seen him play and tell me he is that good. A lad I know at the gym who works at the academy absolutely raves about him. No reason to lie has he?

I think that the Italians were very keen to get him signed up and play him in their U-18 team must point to some obvious talent. It is probably very rare that they look outside of the top sides in Italy let alone outside of Italy.

DeGirolamo has bags of talent and if developed the right way, will be a quality player. Whilst I've seen him look a class above and completely boss it, I've also seen him look totally anonymous.

He's still very young and he can't just be thrown in at the deep end, especially coming back from the kind of injury he's had.

Thankfully, from early discussion, we've got a management team who appear to have a sensible approach to youth development and it looks like he'll be dealt with in the right way.

I wish I had a quid for every time I argued with someone towards the end of last season who had decided that we didn't want promotion because "the clueless idiots won't play De[insert random mispronunciation of his name here]". When asked how often they'd seen him play, 100% hadn't ever seen him. As others say, his name and the eagerness for the academy players to be the next big thing, he's gained an elevated status amongst many who know very little about him. We're partly to blame in the academy reports, as I've heard them quoted a few times amongst randomers in the crowd.

He's also not a direct replacement for KMac, they both play in different ways. The position may be one he'd revel in, but he'd be more direct running at defenders, creating something out of nothing for himself and the odd spectacular. He's simply not yet the sort of player to get on the ball and feed others, he's more predatory than that.

I can't imagine what Everton were thinking starting Wayne Rooney at 16. and before you get your knickers in a twist, I am not comparing.. just saying he was unproven and around the same age. Your hero Wilson was starting to get him in the 1st team :) x

I'm not saying he isn't amazing. He might be better than Rooney. I hope he is. People go on about him like they've seen him 100s of times. Unless you were at Coventry away or Colchester at home, you won't have seen him play a professional match

Best since Kyle Walker.

Sorry but I am better than him right now because he only has one leg. Too many things can happen to a young footballer between this age and even 21 to say he is anything but raw talent.

Wonder if his name was Bill Socket if there would be quite the same fuss?

Thankfully, from early discussion, we've got a management team who appear to have a sensible approach to youth development and it looks like he'll be dealt with in the right way.

Oh, he'll be dealt all right.

Sorry but I am better than him right now because he only has one leg. Too many things can happen to a young footballer between this age and even 21 to say he is anything but raw talent.

Wonder if his name was Bill Socket if there would be quite the same fuss?

I think that there would be. There was plenty of chat around the 2 Kyles and Billy Sharp. There are always players that just stand out. At the moment the talent is still raw but there is more to him than just his name. I am sure that the Italian U-18 manager wasn't exactly impressed by his name;)

Foxy has hit the nail on the head.

He's an unbelievable talent and is capable of contributing to the first team, but by no means is he someone for us to rely on when he's so young and recovering from the injury he had. I'm sure we'll see him introduced later on in the season but we need to get him fit first. Throwing him straight in when he's recovered wouldn't be beneficial in the long term in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom