Player Suggestion Josh Laurent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope they do, they get paid for it after all but all these 'targets' we had have gone elsewhere. Our pre-season starts in 3 weeks and Hecky clearly said he wanted some in before that and i hope we do but so far our targets are going elsewhere. So i'm entitled to say what i like about a
our recruitment team and if you don't like it, don't comment
Our recruitment team have a better idea of our budget for the summer than you. How do you know they are not aiming for better players than Laurent? Remember we announced the signing of MGW later than June 2021

Our recruitment team have a better idea of our budget for the summer than you. How do you know they are not aiming for better players than Laurent? Remember we announced the signing of MGW later than June 2021
Never ever once said I know more than our recruitment team? Never once did I mention myself knowing the budget? I’m hoping they are targeting better players than Laurent. I’m merely disappointed as I believe he is the type of player who would improve our team massively and who also is a free transfer. Who would you sign? And yeah he came on deadline day and look how slow the start of our season was…. You do realise the season starts at the end of July, so again the earlier the better when it comes to new signings

I hope they do, they get paid for it after all but all these 'targets' we had have gone elsewhere. Our pre-season starts in 3 weeks and Hecky clearly said he wanted some in before that and i hope we do but so far our targets are going elsewhere. So i'm entitled to say what i like about a
our recruitment team and if you don't like it, don't comment
Preseason starts in about 10 hours from now

So we’re just after loanees again? Brilliant

The club said they'd got a bid in for a player and offered another a deal. Brilliant?
I’m simply responding to the point raised. There won’t be many better players available on frees than Josh Laurent this season for us, so I think it’s likely to be loanees.

🥲🥲
No they weren't.

At least if you're going to argue try and be a little bit factual.
In the last few weeks of the season… They had 2 play off games and were on telly against the pigs and Plymouth where he scored a free kick and hat trick respectively 😂😂

🥲🥲

In the last few weeks of the season… They had 2 play off games and were on telly against the pigs and Plymouth where he scored a free kick and hat trick respectively 😂😂

So 4 games now counts as loads does it?

May as well just admit you're a WUM and be done with it!

So 4 games now counts as loads does it?

May as well just admit you're a WUM and be done with it!
😂😂 what have I got to do, produce a full length scout report?
He’s the L1 POTY for christs sake 🤣

If you’d seen him play or watched what he can do on YouTube you’d probably understand the hype around him. You haven’t so you don’t…

😂😂 what have I got to do, produce a full length scout report?
He’s the L1 POTY for christs sake 🤣

If you’d seen him play or watched what he can do on YouTube you’d probably understand the hype around him. You haven’t so you don’t…

Harry Darling was not League One POTY.

Maybe go back and read the original post of yours that I replied to that started this.

Harry Darling was not League One POTY.

Maybe go back and read the original post of yours that I replied to that started this.
Whoops, was on about Scott Twine as was talking about him on another side of the forum and couldn’t be arsed to scroll up.

However my point still stands about Darling, the most impressive of the defenders against Wednesday, they only really lost as the keeper had a more. Plays out from the back well, decent aerially against Gregory and then against Jephcott for Plymouth which stands him in good stead at this level. Decent young player, one we could’ve looked at and who would’ve improved us for a seemingly decent price.

What exactly is your issue with people saying that?

Whoops, was on about Scott Twine as was talking about him on another side of the forum and couldn’t be arsed to scroll up.

However my point still stands about Darling, the most impressive of the defenders against Wednesday, they only really lost as the keeper had a more. Plays out from the back well, decent aerially against Gregory and then against Jephcott for Plymouth which stands him in good stead at this level. Decent young player, one we could’ve looked at and who would’ve improved us for a seemingly decent price.

What exactly is your issue with people saying that?

OK I'll try and be as clear as possible and this is definitely aimed at a lot more people than you.

Now I know there will be posters on this board and on social media who do watch a lot of football and will actually take a mental note of various players that play in those games. Those posters will be in the minority though.

Every transfer window then follows the exact same process and is used as yet another stick to beat the club with. I actually find it quite embarrassing at times that I follow the same club.

We're linked with X player though either local media or some "football rumours" social media site that is more than likely some spotty kid sat in his bedroom playing football manager. Both are equally as clueless generally.

Our fans then get their hopes up and go on about "how great a signing they'd be" even though that's probably the 1st time they'd ever heard of them and haven't ever seen them play.

The inevitable YouTube compilation is then posted and they're straight out with the lube ready to knock out a posh one.

Said player then signs for someone else and there's uproar, club's skint, clubs useless, Poundland Prince, Bettis is a snake etc etc.

All of this with absolutely no proof whatsoever that we were ever in for said player.

You, me and the cleaning lady may think a player would be a good signing. That doesn't mean they would be for a multitude of reasons and I think, and hope, that the club are aware of pretty much every player linked with us as it's their job to.

OK I'll try and be as clear as possible and this is definitely aimed at a lot more people than you.

Now I know there will be posters on this board and on social media who do watch a lot of football and will actually take a mental note of various players that play in those games. Those posters will be in the minority though.

Every transfer window then follows the exact same process and is used as yet another stick to beat the club with. I actually find it quite embarrassing at times that I follow the same club.

We're linked with X player though either local media or some "football rumours" social media site that is more than likely some spotty kid sat in his bedroom playing football manager. Both are equally as clueless generally.

Our fans then get their hopes up and go on about "how great a signing they'd be" even though that's probably the 1st time they'd ever heard of them and haven't ever seen them play.

The inevitable YouTube compilation is then posted and they're straight out with the lube ready to knock out a posh one.

Said player then signs for someone else and there's uproar, club's skint, clubs useless, Poundland Prince, Bettis is a snake etc etc.

All of this with absolutely no proof whatsoever that we were ever in for said player.

You, me and the cleaning lady may think a player would be a good signing. That doesn't mean they would be for a multitude of reasons and I think, and hope, that the club are aware of pretty much every player linked with us as it's their job to.
So you’ve decided in your infinite wisdom that just because someone thinks x is a good player, would improve us, and thinks we’ve missed out by not signing them (or attempting to, whether we were after them or not) - they’re not allowed to say so?

I agree people going hell for leather complaining and expleting about the club not making signings is daft, and when they go mad about the club not signing x despite at best tenuous links it’s also a little immature/mental.

But what is the issue with people thinking we’ve missed out by not signing such a player who they think would improve us and saying so? And it’s ok saying “leave it to our recruitment team” but they haven’t got the best record of it have they. And if we aren’t allowed to debate anything about the club what’s the point of a forum?

Also since it’s ‘people like me’ - would you like to point me anywhere where I’ve slagged the club, Bettis, the Prince off?
I’m very realistic about our situation. We aren’t exactly aflush with money due to our wasteful premier league stint. Hence the reason the 2 players I’ve suggested to be good signings are League One players.

So you’ve decided in your infinite wisdom that just because someone thinks x is a good player, would improve us, and thinks we’ve missed out by not signing them (or attempting to, whether we were after them or not) - they’re not allowed to say so?

Sort of missing my point there. There's plenty of posts at the start or during windows (admittedly not as many as when Ricky was still here) that are asking which players posters like, rate or would like us to go for. I've absolutely no issue with this and I've actually been made aware of players that look great when I'd never heard of them. Like I say though you, me or the cleaning lady could rate a player but it doesn't mean the people at the club feel the same and that's sort of their job. Whereby we'll have seen them play a few times maybe at most or seen the YouTube "highlight reel" the recruitment team will have, or certainly should have watched them a lot either in person or via game videos on top of our stats guys analysing that aspect and then speaking to people in the game who know them.

I agree people going hell for leather complaining and expleting about the club not making signings is daft, and when they go mad about the club not signing x despite at best tenuous links it’s also a little immature/mental.

That's sort of the exact point I'm getting at. As stated above I've no issue with discussing players, it's a forum after all. It's the almost child like, entitled tantrums when we don't get a player we probably weren't even in for that pisses me off. Not so much on here, although it does happen, but anyone that's on any of the FB groups will know exactly what I mean.

But what is the issue with people thinking we’ve missed out by not signing such a player who they think would improve us and saying so? And it’s ok saying “leave it to our recruitment team” but they haven’t got the best record of it have they. And if we aren’t allowed to debate anything about the club what’s the point of a forum?

Mostly answered above. I also think our recruitment team are working with their hands tied behind their backs due to past over spending. Bare in mind it's the same team that delivered Duffy, JOC, Egan, Norwood, Baldock, Stevens etc.

Also since it’s ‘people like me’ - would you like to point me anywhere where I’ve slagged the club, Bettis, the Prince off?
I’m very realistic about our situation. We aren’t exactly aflush with money due to our wasteful premier league stint. Hence the reason the 2 players I’ve suggested to be good signings are League One players.

I've never really interacted with you before this but you do come across as being quite negative at times.

You probably see it as realistic but IMHO it does fall into negative at times.

Not the end of the world though.

If we all had the same opinions the world would be a boring place.

Back
Top Bottom