Player Suggestion Josh Laurent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

OK I'll try and be as clear as possible and this is definitely aimed at a lot more people than you.

Now I know there will be posters on this board and on social media who do watch a lot of football and will actually take a mental note of various players that play in those games. Those posters will be in the minority though.

Every transfer window then follows the exact same process and is used as yet another stick to beat the club with. I actually find it quite embarrassing at times that I follow the same club.

We're linked with X player though either local media or some "football rumours" social media site that is more than likely some spotty kid sat in his bedroom playing football manager. Both are equally as clueless generally.

Our fans then get their hopes up and go on about "how great a signing they'd be" even though that's probably the 1st time they'd ever heard of them and haven't ever seen them play.

The inevitable YouTube compilation is then posted and they're straight out with the lube ready to knock out a posh one.

Said player then signs for someone else and there's uproar, club's skint, clubs useless, Poundland Prince, Bettis is a snake etc etc.

All of this with absolutely no proof whatsoever that we were ever in for said player.

You, me and the cleaning lady may think a player would be a good signing. That doesn't mean they would be for a multitude of reasons and I think, and hope, that the club are aware of pretty much every player linked with us as it's their job to.
Fully agree!

OK I'll try and be as clear as possible and this is definitely aimed at a lot more people than you.

Now I know there will be posters on this board and on social media who do watch a lot of football and will actually take a mental note of various players that play in those games. Those posters will be in the minority though.

Every transfer window then follows the exact same process and is used as yet another stick to beat the club with. I actually find it quite embarrassing at times that I follow the same club.

We're linked with X player though either local media or some "football rumours" social media site that is more than likely some spotty kid sat in his bedroom playing football manager. Both are equally as clueless generally.

Our fans then get their hopes up and go on about "how great a signing they'd be" even though that's probably the 1st time they'd ever heard of them and haven't ever seen them play.

The inevitable YouTube compilation is then posted and they're straight out with the lube ready to knock out a posh one.

Said player then signs for someone else and there's uproar, club's skint, clubs useless, Poundland Prince, Bettis is a snake etc etc.

All of this with absolutely no proof whatsoever that we were ever in for said player.

You, me and the cleaning lady may think a player would be a good signing. That doesn't mean they would be for a multitude of reasons and I think, and hope, that the club are aware of pretty much every player linked with us as it's their job to.
Yes but yes but “no ambishun” …

The whole point of the forum is to debate. The title of "Player Suggestion" is the whole point of putting forward a player. LewishamBlade and myself are entitled to our opinion

The whole point of the forum is to debate. The title of "Player Suggestion" is the whole point of putting forward a player. LewishamBlade and myself are entitled to our opinion
I don't even know what the issue is, all I said was Darling and Twine would improve us and imo we have missed out and are potentially missing out 😂

So would Messi, De Bruyne et al. We aren't in for them but by your logic we are missing out.

I am all for player suggestions, but the reaction some posters have to not getting players that our management team don't want is laughable.

So would Messi, De Bruyne et al. We aren't in for them but by your logic we are missing out.

I am all for player suggestions, but the reaction some posters have to not getting players that our management team don't want is laughable.
Bit of a weird analogy

Not laughable. We've signed no-one....(yet) whilst our promotion rivals Middlesborough, WBA, Burnley have made decent signings. Josh Laurent is a player who would dramatically improve our midfield and was for free, there's no reason why would shouldn't have looked at him given we are after frees and loans after all

Not laughable. We've signed no-one....(yet) whilst our promotion rivals Middlesborough, WBA, Burnley have made decent signings. Josh Laurent is a player who would dramatically improve our midfield and was for free, there's no reason why would shouldn't have looked at him given we are after frees and loans after all
Didnt realise the football season starts in a few days? :rolleyes:

Unbelievable - pre-season training hasn't even started and some on here are still throwing tantrums because Utd haven't signed the players they want. I only hope they're about 12 years old and are basing their expectations on playing Football Manager because if not, it's frankly embarrassing.

I daren't think what they'll be like when the season starts because there's a high likelihood that the higher quality loans won't join until the last couple of weeks/final few days of the window.

Despite what several people at the club have said, many on here are still expecting/demanding Utd spend millions on fees. £4m on a L1 player that has had 1 very good season is an unbelievable price for MK Dons - of course Utd aren't going to be offering those sorts of amounts, especially having not sold anyone.

The key factor this summer will be whether and when Berge goes and if so, how much PH is given to reinvest. Until then, the 12 year olds can stick to moaning about how many (poor) players Cardiff have signed because I doubt Utd will be doing much.

Last edited:
Unbelievable - pre-season training hasn't even started and some on here are still throwing tantrums because Utd haven't signed the players they want. I only hope they're about 12 years old and are basing their expectations on playing Football Manager because if not, it's frankly embarrassing.

I daren't think what they'll be like when the season starts because there's a high likelihood that the higher quality loans won't join until the last couple of weeks/final few days of the window.

Despite what several people at the club have said, many on here are still expecting/demanding Utd spend millions on fees. £4m on a L1 player that has had 1 very good season is an unbelievable price for MK Dons - of course Utd aren't going to be offering those sorts of amounts. especially having not sold anyone.

The key factor this summer will be whether and when Berge goes and if so, how much PH is given to reinvest. Until then, the 12 year olds can stick to moaning about how many (poor) players Cardiff have signed because I doubt Utd will be doing much.
Spot on Mouth of the south !

Despite what several people at the club have said, many on here are still expecting/demanding Utd spend millions on fees. £4m on a L1 player that has had 1 very good season is an unbelievable price for MK Dons - of course Utd aren't going to be offering those sorts of amounts, especially having not sold anyone.

The thread is about Josh Laurent, not Scott Twine. You probably don’t even know who Laurent is. No money was required to sign him. Hecky said he wanted to get in players early so we don’t have the same slow start as last year.

The thread is about Josh Laurent, not Scott Twine. You probably don’t even know who Laurent is. No money was required to sign him. Hecky said he wanted to get in players early so we don’t have the same slow start as last year.

Being outspoken is one thing but at least try to be informed when doing so. No money required?? Are you able to confirm there would been no signing bonus nor an agent fee if he had joined?

I don't profess to being an expert on the player although I do live on the Oxon / Berks border, I know a number of Reading and I saw him play live a few times last season - the general consensus is that he was good in 2020/21, had a good first half of last season but tailed off massively. That view is in line with the majority on their forum - https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=189491&hilit=laurent. Personally, I think he's a decent player and wouldn't have been opposed to him being signed but I'm not sure he would have been a natural fit in Utd's midfield and certainly isn't the box-to-box, scoring midfielder that most on here feel Utd lack.

I assume your insights are far more qualified.

Back
Top Bottom