Player Suggestion Johnny Ertl

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Keef Chedwyn

Enjoy it by being fucking disciplined
Reaction score
Released by Portsmouth.

Worth a go? One year contract perhaps? Will surely feel he has unfinished business...

Released by Portsmouth.

Worth a go? One year contract perhaps? Will surely feel he has unfinished business...
Yes, let's give him a year to check if he's as wank as we thought! :)

So far, you've got Long an the net and Ertl in the middle. How about Joe Ironside up front?

You are taking the piss here, right?

UTB

Yes, let's give him a year to check if he's as wank as we thought! :)

So far, you've got Long an the net and Ertl in the middle. How about Joe Ironside up front?

You are taking the piss here, right?

UTB

I want to get a name on my new home shirt. Ironside would be way over budget.

Where's Pinchy anyway?

And the answer to both is an emphatic No. As in "not even if Hell freezes over".

Johannes Bruno "Johnny" Ertl (born 13 November 1982) is an Austrian footballer. He is primarily a defensive midfielder, although he can also play at the right or centre of defence.

And he's 6'2".

What's not to like?

I will not accept 'because he's wank' as an answer. Something constructive if you can find anything at all..

He would be a quality signing, just what we need in midfield.

I wonder if we could tempt Jordan Stewart to return to us from the US as well.

:D

Pretty sure Ertl was released and was replaced by Doyle... Who we have deemed not good enough. Bit of a non-starter methinks

Pretty sure Ertl was released and was replaced by Doyle... Who we have deemed not good enough. Bit of a non-starter methinks

He's got all of the ingredients we need.

Big, versatile and could slot in next to McEveley or Collins as a makeshift centre half. Knows the club and city so settling in time would be minimal with the season fast approaching. No brainer.

He's got all of the ingredients we need.

Big, versatile and could slot in next to McEveley or Collins as a makeshift centre half. Knows the club and city so settling in time would be minimal with the season fast approaching. No brainer.

My problem with what your saying is pretty simple. You've said yourself a 'makeshift centre half'. It's not what we need, we need a proper centre half. In regards to his other position, central midfield, that is a position we are overloaded in.

To be fair to the bloke, his performance at right back in Hoofy's last game as manager, was a masterpiece of ineptitude and surely hastened the exit of the clueless one. Cheers for that Jonny, now don't darken our door again.

And things would never be as bad ag........................oh

Released by a team in league 2, that normally means he isn't good enough for them. Why would we want to look at players like that??

My main memory of Ertl was his laughable impersonation of a right back against QPR in Blackwell's final game in charge. An apt start to what would be a nightmare season.

My lasting memory of Johnny Ertl was Walsall away, the match after the sending-off fiasco where we tossed away a 2-0 lead.

At Walsall, he spent an entire evening looking like a random big guy picked from the crowd and I don't think he managed to do a simple thing well all night. Coming to think of it, positionally, he may have played right back in that match too?

Back
Top Bottom