John Terry & Dean Smith

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grealish is a very talented lad ..think he’ll learn with age that he doesn’t need all the diving & theatricals ... if it is right about the Vills management applauding our lads then that is a touch of class .. but I’ll believe after confirmation..not that it matters there were 28000 appreciative ppl there today who know how good the 2nd 45 was ⚔

Wilder said they were applauding us mate, so as you say, a touch of class indeed!

Don't get the stick he gets. Class player with a great attitude.

Good looking lad, who's good at football and permanently carries a reputation for being petulant and theatrical as a teenager. Add to that he now demonstrates that he can handle the vitriol, including physical assault, and even smiles during it.

I don't subscribe to the hatred for him. He's a wonderful footballer who I would personally love to see in a Sheffield United shirt (doubt it'll ever happen mind).

Grealish gets kicked a lot. Don’t blame him at all for going down. Quality player, wish we had him.

Agree.....it’s his style.....he holds on to the ball slightly too long inviting the foul.
Opposition players go for the ball and give him a shoulder barge.....when feeling contact Grealish usually goes down.
In Spin or playing in Europe Grealish would win loads of free-kicks but in England we set the foul threshold a little higher
because English fans appreciate a more physiCal game and like the game to flow.

Good looking lad, who's good at football and permanently carries a reputation for being petulant and theatrical as a teenager. Add to that he is now demonstrates that he can handle the vitriol, including physical assault, and even smile back during it.

I don't subscribe to the hatred for him. He's a wonderful footballer who I would personally love to see in a Sheffield United shirt (doubt it'll ever happen mind).
In don't hate him just think he spends too much time on the pitch looking for free kicks

Late in the game he was storming forward in our half, lays the ball off nicely, and instead of carrying on a threatening run that could've seen him through he decided to throw himself to the ground a good 40 yds or more from goal. I don't know if that's down to him or the coaching (I suspect both) but it's pathetic.

He strikes me as a Premier League Jose Baxter. Does enough to make you see the ability he has, but when you look at his overall contribution to the game compared to any of our midfield three...it's bugger all.

I want to like Grealish and Smith for the good things about them, and for the parallels they have to Sharp and Wilder, but games like today make it almost impossible for me. Players diving everywhere, even when it's clearly a better option to stay on their feet. Hoofing the ball hopefully when you've got a midfield duo of McGinn and Grealish. I guarantee if those two were in our side today, with the ability they have, Wilder would've made them look ten times the player if not more.

I'll look the other way if teams with limited ability come to Bramall Lane and have to play it a bit dirty. I find it depressing when I see players the caliber Villa have come and do it, same as I said back when Norwich came and ruined a game of football a couple of seasons back. Villa were a goal down before they took the brakes off and tried to play. And then when they conceded again it was too late to get back in it. Cowardly football got rightfully punished.

Grealish is a great player. If he was one of ours we'd love him to bits. He must told to go down to at every opportunity to win free kicks in dangerous areas. As others have said, if Wilder had him, he wouldn't stand for it and he'd be a world beater.

The character he showed last year in the Birmingham derby was first class. Didn't react to the assault and scored the winner. Not surprised he applauded us after the game after his comments at the PO final.

Would be over the moon if somehow managed to get hold of him in the future.

Grealish gets kicked a lot. Don’t blame him at all for going down. Quality player, wish we had him.

What I don't get, is that the most fouled and kicked and assaulted player in the entire league manages to get through every game over an entire season without any injuries whatsoever. You might have thought that a man seriously assaulted at least ten times a game might suffer some long lasting damage. Seems not. Wonder why? MDC

He does, but it's the ridiculous ones he does that give him his reputation.

He buys a lot, but they all do at this level... He just need to cut out the daft ones and he'll be much better for it.

He also likes to go quiet against us.

The one in front of John St stand where he pretended he'd been pushed and threw his arms and legs back and threw himself on the ground was truly pathetic. If you're going to cheat then at least make it look a real foul. Ref spoke to him but didn't book him as ref didn't see the full theatricals For me it makes it all even worse because he can actually play a bit. Maybe it's just me but it's not football for me.

Given some of the relatively uninspiring choices in England’s midfield I’d like to see Grealish get a look in as he’s got the potential to be the kind of player they should be building the team round but I could see today why he’s overlooked.

Playing too far forward/wide to dictate the play and the diving/petulant stuff just made him look immature. You could tell though that he’s operating on a completely different level to the rest of that side though, needs a move if he wants to realise his potential. One thing is for sure is that he’ll be well outside our price bracket.

He’s overrated. He’s a good player in a very poor team. Everything is played through him but If you look at his stats they’re not great reading. Not saying he Is rubbish just don’t get the hype

I secretly like old Greasy. He seems a good kid in interviews and is a great player- when he’s not pirouetting in mid air. He’s one of those infuriating ones (like Maddison) that are actually good enough to not have to dive about.

Think his loyalty to Villa has held back his development though; should have gone to Spurs under Poch a couple of years back. Cant criticise him for his loyalty, but as spongebobblade said; they should be playing around him- letting him dictate, not shoving him out wide.

Feel like I'm going insane with the Grealish comments, he's just a decent Prem midfielder, there are plenty of attack minded midfielders as dangerous or more dangerous in the Prem, and most are a lot more consistent. He might have a really good game every so often but most players do.

Luke Freeman had similar numbers last season in the championship, and added bonus, isn't a dirty cheating twat with roadkill on his head.

Nowhere near good enough for England, I'd take Mount over him any day.

The fact that everyone's jizzing about him getting in the England team as he swan dives his way to the relegation places and our team can only get a player in when another one drops out says everything about the England set up.

Fashionable hair, "big" club? You're in.
Decent footballer? We'll have a look (we won't)

At times he looks like a real player, but I couldn’t stand watching that amount of diving from one of ours and found his antics embarrassing yesterday, as I have every time I’ve seen him play.

The referee awarded us two free kicks from his diving (one may have been given for handball, but as he went to ground and grabbed the ball looking for a foul, it should have been simulation). The laws state simulation should warrant a caution, and I don’t believe being on a yellow card would have stopped him. He should have been sent off.

Grealish has great ability, works hard but let’s himself down by diving/cheating constantly. As said above, under Wilder he could be brilliant. Can’t see him leaving Villa unless they go down though.

I can see him joining Spurs tbh. He would do well there.

BBC Sport reporting that Terry & Smith applauded our players on the way back down the tunnel at FT. Add to that Grealish applauded our fans on the way back from the way end despite a chorus of "fkin useless"

Huge respect to the playing and coaching staff at Villa for this 👊🏽
I didn't notice that from the kop, good for them.
A few Villa on Bramall Ln after singing, taking the piss out of themselves. Fair does.

Agree.....it’s his style.....he holds on to the ball slightly too long inviting the foul.
Opposition players go for the ball and give him a shoulder barge.....when feeling contact Grealish usually goes down.
In Spin or playing in Europe Grealish would win loads of free-kicks but in England we set the foul threshold a little higher
because English fans appreciate a more physiCal game and like the game to flow.
He breaks his own sides counter attacks giving the opposition time to reorganise Yes he holds onto the ball too long But who the fuck did he have it to pass to yesteday

Fucking good 'flair' player, who can dazzle. But where would he fit into the pretty compact team we have? He' best as an CAM/Number 10 but we aren't playing that these days. Just look at our shape, which is fucking well disciplined on attack and more importantly when we lose possession. The Centre Mids all fall back in a line, a straight line, across the pitch. Their midfield has to work hard to get through it or go round it, and if they do they face the wingbacks. I can't see Grealish working that hard as say Norwood, Fleck and Lundstrum. And of that lot, even when we are up against it or losing, they graft. Wilder demands it. Grealish would get a right fucking mardy arse on and disappear.

He's okay for one or two things, is Grealish -

a. A 'goal from nowhere' where he creates or cracks one in from distance

b. Diving, pissing the opposition crowd off and winning free kicks

The rest you can keep. I'd rather we spent money on pace.

pommpey

Think he actually must like us. Told Wilder after their play-off win he thought we were the best team they’d faced all season. Clapping our fans too?
Must love the stick he receives as he never goes whinging to the press like Wilfred Zaha does. Do respect him in that regard, but he could easily cut out the theatrics.

What is it with his studs though? Has he got OCD or something, he couldn't stop kneeling down to fiddle with them. 6 or 7 times I reckon. More than gamesmanship/time wasting. He did it for ages before the pen. Weird.

I thought Jack Grealish was just another "do you know who I am?" big time Charlie. Then I saw him interviewed a couple of times and changed my mind. He's got a functioning brain and a good sense of humour. I like Brummies, they're usually straightforward down to earth types (not unlike us in some ways), and Jack seems very much like that. I think he has got real talent but he has a manager who indulges him too much and who doesn't appear to have a clue how to get the best out of him. Hence the theatrical stuff, which he really doesn't need to do. Now, with a decent manager who would kick his arse when he falls over, he could be so much better. CWAK would sort him!!!

Back
Top Bottom