John Swift

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where exactly does Swift play? If he's right midfield then the assumption would be that he's a Lundstram replacement, if he's left midfield then he may as well not bother because he's behind Fleck and Osborn plus Freeman is a really good player but for some reason doesn't play. If he's centre midfield then he's back up for Norwood, who has that role to lose and longer term I thought we'd got Berge pegged for that position?

We need goal scoring strikers as a first priority and we'll have spent £6.5m on another backup keeper and another midfielder so far.

Moan over.
We needed more quality in midfield he definitely adds that,very good technical player.

Freeman won't be here by August and who can blame him? He's totally wasted a season. Osborn will be Fleck's cover as well as LWB cover, it's the only way we're going to be able to convince him to stay surely.

He would have played most games recently if he wasn’t injured , I reckon he’ll stay just cause we won’t want to sign another LCM

Why should we fuck lundstram off ?
Is that the same lundstram who was probably player of the season upto Christmas ? The one who wants a decent contract as he’s probably on championship pittance ?
I think Lundstram was fantastic until around November. Since then he's been average for me. Maybe it's the contract situation, or maybe he just had a purple patch.

For me, Besic certainly offered more than Lundstram when he started getting game time around Christmas/New Year.

As long as he's seen as a backup option I'm fine with the signing and I think that Lundstram will either move on or be frozen out for his contractual situation. If it then is Swift/Berge for RM then I know who'll play so Swift is decent backup for £3.5m.
Why do you think he's come for back up ! He's a talented player and will come try to take a shirt.
We need a player who can take players on ,
teams styfilll us at times as we have no one really apart from Fleck who can drive forward with the ball and break lines .From what I've seen of him he has the nous to do that.
When playing the big boys we look short in the midfield area (technically) he will add to our quality in that area.

Why do you think he's come for back up ! He's a talented player and will come try to take a shirt.
We need a player who can take players on ,
teams styfilll us at times as we have no one really apart from Fleck who can drive forward with the ball and break lines .From what I've seen of him he has the nous to do that.
When playing the big boys we look short in the midfield area (technically) he will add to our quality in that area.

We spent £22m on Berge and Fleck is amazing, that's why.

Luke Freeman is injured, thats the reason he doesn't play. And when he has been fit, John Fleck is the reason he doesn't play.

If Luke Freeman isn't happy about it I refer him to Ben Osborn and his approach.

I get the impression that Freeman has shown just as good an attitude as Osborn and that it’s more some of us getting our knickers in a twist because he’s done well when he’s played and we want to see him more - you’re right in both points of course, the one time that he’d be in the side happens to be the time he picks up an injury of his own.

Back to Swift - To pick up Luke Freeman and John Swift for a combined figure of less than £10m would be outstanding business in my opinion.

I get the impression that Freeman has shown just as good an attitude as Osborn and that it’s more some of us getting our knickers in a twist because he’s done well when he’s played and we want to see him more - you’re right in both points of course, the one time that he’d be in the side happens to be the time he picks up an injury of his own.

Back to Swift - To pick up Luke Freeman and John Swift for a combined figure of less than £10m would be outstanding business in my opinion.
And don't forget it was commented that Luke Freeman's was a 'longstanding' one, meaning he's probably struggled to make the bench on occasions.

Is that the same lundstram who was probably player of the season upto Christmas ? The one who wants a decent contract as he’s probably on championship pittance ?

Wilder wont' keep him if he does not sign a new contract by Xmas and will look to get a fee in January - even if a small amount. Not sure whether Lundstram thinks he will get another Premier League club - as I dont see it myself - he has had a 3 month purple patch in nearly 3 years at the Lane and done nothing since and been poor since Xmas really. I think the best he would get is Championship but I might be wrong. He had not shown enough consistently and with Swift coming in, Osborn doing well and with Berge, Fleck and Norwood, not sure Wilder will mess around if he does not want to be here.

He played really well up to xmas his contract will put him on similar money to the rest.
Wilder wont bust his pay structure for any player and if Lunnie thinks he's worth more than the others ! he wont get it.

He played really well up to xmas his contract will put him on similar money to the rest.
Wilder wont bust his pay structure for any player and if Lunnie thinks he's worth more than the others ! he wont get it.
Just my opinion but all our players are probably worth more than they're "on". They will talk to other similar players who are on a much higher wage and whom they consider themselves superior to. Fact is we aren't able or prepared to pay what some other clubs can afford to offer. Just human nature, especially in a short career, that some will have their heads turned.

I don’t know an awful lot about Swift but from what I have seen I hope he puts on a blades shirt instead of a Leeds shirt- who are also linked. He looks a tidy player and the price looks like a bargain

Just my opinion but all our players are probably worth more than they're "on". They will talk to other similar players who are on a much higher wage and whom they consider themselves superior to. Fact is we aren't able or prepared to pay what some other clubs can afford to offer. Just human nature, especially in a short career, that some will have their heads turned.

IMHO if Lundstram is unhappy with the offer on the table, feels he can get more elsewhere and wants to move then let him go.

I'm intrigued which club/s would would want him and be prepared to offer more - my bet would be Burnley.

Gonna be an insane summer this after such a god season, can see a couple of surprise outgoings too. I wouldn't want Fleck to leave but which Osborns recent performances id be a lot less concerned.

Hard whispers of Mousse, Fleck, Stevens and Lunny all potentially off

Norwood, Fleck, Berge, Lundstram, Freeman, Osborn, Rodwell.

Even on the likelihood we release Rodwell, leave Besic alone and maybe flog Freeman (mistake imo) it still leaves us heavy in the middle.

I like Swift but it seems another Caruthers/Holmes/Freeman type signing. He'll be gone within 2 years.

Wilder with Midfielders is Warnock with Strikers.

We are offering a big pay rise....as we see him as a squad player at PL level.
Remember last season he even struggled to impress at Championship level....we all thought upper league 1 was his level.

He’s had the best 2 months form of his life just before Xmas and obviously his agent wants to strike whist the iron is hot by demanding he’s paid at at the levels of a first teamer. I think he deserves a big pay rise but not amongst our better paid players. Lundstrum hadn’t performed for any length of time.
His 2 months of playing really well could just be a flash in the pan. Think we up his wages...probably double or treble them and offer performance based bonuses.

He was an absolute shambles when he came on again tonight. Backwards every time and even then he didn’t hold onto the ball. Reminds me of the way Steve Kabba tried to hold the club to ransom after a good couple of months - look how that turned out. If Lunny had done the biz for a whole season then it’d be merited but as of now he’s merely had a good half season. The rest of the lads who’ve had new deals have done it over a period of 18 months.

He was an absolute shambles when he came on again tonight. Backwards every time and even then he didn’t hold onto the ball. Reminds me of the way Steve Kabba tried to hold the club to ransom after a good couple of months - look how that turned out. If Lunny had done the biz for a whole season then it’d be merited but as of now he’s merely had a good half season. The rest of the lads who’ve had new deals have done it over a period of 18 months.
He wasn’t a shambles he came on for about ten minutes and did about as much as the other 10 players on the pitch.
Sure we have offered him a decent rise to be a squad player not sure why there’s a need to suddenly castigate lunny for wanting to get a decent contract.

If he says no thanks then he’ll be off if he signs then he’ll be a key squad player like he has been all season

Grow up we’re 8th in the prem we don’t need a scapegoat

8th brill season no complaints from me we run out of steam bin a long season against some of the best players in the world happy days roll next one
Agree 100%.
But now it’s time to see why we ran out of steam. We need a squad with more ability on the bench. Whether Swift comes in or starts on the bench he’s a good player that we have. I feel L Freeman is a good player that just doesn’t suit our side.

Back
Top Bottom