John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi guys. I’m just wondering at what point everyone is going to come on here and admit they were totally wrong and out of order in their unjustified vilification of John Lundstram.

You got: ‘his game is not suited to the championship and is much more suited to the premier league’ mistaken with ‘he is shit and he shouldn’t be any where near our team’.

He’s proving you all wrong, just as Enda Stevens did last year.

If Wilder had made a mistake with him he would have rectified it about 18 months ago.

Imagine how shit it made him feel to be a standing joke on twitter and on here for the last 2 years. He’s absolutely rammed it down everyone’s throats and I’m fucking delighted about it.
Absolutely fantastic today hold hands up, been great pre season + 1st game but bossed that midfield today and fully deserved his goal, the way he is playing he can only get better. Just hope his game continues to develop

I will hold my hands up I thought there was no way on earth he was gonna be up to scratch in the premier league but he played well against Bournemouth and was immense today against Palace he absolutely bossed the midfield today and was absolutely brilliant and was man of the match even without his goal.

Well done Lunny keep playing like that every week son UTB!!!

Brilliant today. He scored and his endeavour should have led to McGoldrick scoring.

A strong tackling athletic, physical precense all day. Some great passing, good vision and a good first touch. What more do people want him to do?

I think the dwindling amount of ney sayers, are the sorts who would rather he fail than admit that they wre wrong. That's pretty sad

Hi guys. I’m just wondering at what point everyone is going to come on here and admit they were totally wrong and out of order in their unjustified vilification of John Lundstram.

You got: ‘his game is not suited to the championship and is much more suited to the premier league’ mistaken with ‘he is shit and he shouldn’t be any where near our team’.

If Wilder had made a mistake with him he would have rectified it about 18 months ago.

Imagine how shit it made him feel to be a standing joke on twitter and on here for the last 2 years. He’s absolutely rammed it down everyone’s throats and I’m fucking delighted about it.
I've been critical, although not a hater by any means. He's looked good all pre season but I did wonder if he'd look out of his depth against premier League teams.

Deserved man of the match today, although I was stunned that Freeman wasn't even on the shortlist

Yeah everybody's getting carried away, let's wait until he's played against Man City and Liverpool to see if he should be playing for Sweden or if he is just an average Premiership player.

If I admit I’m wrong on Lundstram then he wouldn’t have played today.

Interesting to see the Oxford fans still hold him in high regard.

Just won, why are we looking at this situation negatively.

Most who complained, myself included were against a flat 3 in midfield rather than lundstram. Lundstram was MOM in a game where Freeman played the majority of the game.

Love freeman’s performance and I think if I was a neutral I would call Norwood as MOM but fair play to lunny as he didn’t put a foot wrong

I've defend Lundstram to the extent that he's nowhere near as bad as some people have said. The big problem when he last got a run of games was that Evans was alongside him and Duffy was absent for a lot of it. Lundstram himself has always had signs that he's a decent player but he's often fallen foul of trying to make overly ambitious passes and giving possession away cheaply.

I thought he did well last week without being outstanding. I thought today he looked every inch a Premier League midfielder. Box-to-box, my MOTM by a distance, and topped it off with the winning goal.

Yeah, it's only two games, and I don't like to get into the squabbling about who was wrong and whatnot. All that can be said is that today he fully rewarded the manager's faith in him.

He's had some stick from some, but he is an excellent player.
He does make our whole team look less menacing going forward though, but that's not his fault. His job is to sit and dig in, if he can join in with the attack as well, like today, he'll become a top player

Nobody becomes a terrible player overnight just as nobody becomes a great one overnight.

In the interests of pedantry, I think players can fulfil their potential very suddenly given a change of circumstances. And other players can suddenly drop off a cliff.

But yeah, only history can judge.

Interesting to see the Oxford fans still hold him in high regard.
Was talking to an Oxford fan last weekend who said exactly that.

As I’ve always maintained, he isn’t the best player in the world but he will offer us more than some give him credit for and he deserves a lot more respect than he’s been getting.

He certainly won’t be the worst player in the Premiership this season like a few of our more ‘knowledgeable’ posters have claimed.

Just won, why are we looking at this situation negatively.

Most who complained, myself included were against a flat 3 in midfield rather than lundstram. Lundstram was MOM in a game where Freeman played the majority of the game.

Love freeman’s performance and I think if I was a neutral I would call Norwood as MOM but fair play to lunny as he didn’t put a foot wrong
Norwood ‘pinging’ it about fookin magic:cool:

Absolutely superb today, won the ball brilliantly then supplied the cross for the chance that McGoldrick should have scored from, scored the goal and provided a number of excellent passes during the match. Him and Norwood were excellent in winning the 2nd ball and a major reason we dominated midfield, especially 2nd half.

Absolutely superb today, won the ball brilliantly then supplied the cross for the chance that McGoldrick should have scored from. scored the goal and provided a number of excellent passes during the match. Him and Norwood were excellent in winning the 2nd ball and a major reason we dominated midfield, especially 2nd half.

I made comment on how he's currently playing whereas you've made conclusions on the basis of two games of football. A lot of Blades learned to try not to do that after a string of losses early on in two of our most recent seasons ended in two of our most successful seasons.

Believe me lad, I will admit I was wrong if he proves me wrong. However, two games doesn't prove anything as much as I'd like it to. Balance and perspective needed.

Nobody becomes a terrible player overnight just as nobody becomes a great one overnight.

Hopefully he continues to play well.

He’s not played 2 games for us though has he. I’m not basing my opinions on 2 games. We signed him 2 years ago.

He was being asked to do a job not quite suited to him. That doesn’t make him a bad player as most on here suggested. Was billy a shit player when we were lumping long balls up to him under Blackwell? Or was he just being asked to do a job not suited to him? Is a centre half a bad player if he is performing averagely at right back?

All I’m saying is, ‘nowhere near good enough for the premier league’ is incorrect, as he’s played 2 premier league games back to back and looked great in both.

Back
Top Bottom