John Lundstam to shine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wouldn't disagree. I don't think we'll be long in the PL if either/both have many starts in midfield next seasons.

I worried about our lack of athleticism when we came up from League One and it was one thing Tufty addressed after our first season last Summer/Jan but I really worry next season...

The key is the role that they play in Midfield. There is a great stat which the star have reported on which shows our ball retention, we didn't give the ball away.

I may be wrong, but I am under the impression that Lundstram doesn't give the ball away that much when he plays (Maybe Blades Analytics can jump in on this one and provide some background.

I'm not sure on Basham's midfield stats, but i don't think he keeps the ball well in midfield and he also doesn't suit that role as he's much more effective in other roles.

I'd like to see us add more quality to the midfield, but i don't see that as being at the expense of Lundstram.

Wouldn't disagree. I don't think we'll be long in the PL if either/both have many starts in midfield next seasons.

I worried about our lack of athleticism when we came up from League One and it was one thing Tufty addressed after our first season last Summer/Jan but I really worry next season...

So would I if Lundstram is a starter.
Thankfully we haven't signed anyone yet so I'll save my worrying for now.

The key is the role that they play in Midfield. There is a great stat which the star have reported on which shows our ball retention, we didn't give the ball away.

I may be wrong, but I am under the impression that Lundstram doesn't give the ball away that much when he plays (Maybe Blades Analytics can jump in on this one and provide some background.

I'm not sure on Basham's midfield stats, but i don't think he keeps the ball well in midfield and he also doesn't suit that role as he's much more effective in other roles.

I'd like to see us add more quality to the midfield, but i don't see that as being at the expense of Lundstram.

It needs to be. If any new midfield signing isn't substantially better than Lundstram we are in deep shit.

Fair do's! He may well be. Many in the COUTTSARRRRT camp said the same about him, many said the same about dear Edna.
I weren’t in the Coutts camp or ended
But it’s plain to see Lundstam is wank
When was he the difference in any game he played?

It's a big, big summer and pre-season coming up for John. The management team will be assessing the squad against a whole new set of targets, measures and metrics now. The lads who featured heavily in our promotion and of course any new signings should be in a slightly stronger position to step up, but John will be given the same chance.

If he doesn't cut it, I expect him to go out on loan. And that might apply to one or two more.

Not wanting to sound like a luddite but passing it sideways and backwards would pad out those retention stats so I'm not sure how accurate a picture those stats would paint. I still have cold shivers of seeing Evans and Lundstram exchanging 5 yard sideway passes... Praise the Lord for Norwood!!

I saw Blades Analytics get into a heated debate on twitter last night about Will Volkes and I totally agree with him that that should be the level of back up we have, not dear old Lunny...

I weren’t in the Coutts camp or ended
But it’s plain to see Lundstam is wank
When was he the difference in any game he played?

He hasn't played enough to have made a huge impact. When he has come on he has shored up the midfield with his presence, made some good tackles, not given any stupid balls away and made us harder to beat without being a world beater.

You could say when has Cranie been the difference this season bar the assist v west brom? arnt we all complimenting him on being solid and doing a job when called upon? why is lunny any different hes had the one assist and he's done the job asked of him and done absolutely nothing wrong without setting the world alight.

Not wanting to sound like a luddite but passing it sideways and backwards would pad out those retention stats so I'm not sure how accurate a picture those stats would paint. I still have cold shivers of seeing Evans and Lundstram exchanging 5 yard sideway passes... Praise the Lord for Norwood!!

I saw Blades Analytics get into a heated debate on twitter last night about Will Volkes and I totally agree with him that that should be the level of back up we have, not dear old Lunny...

The stats which i have seen are not just sideways passes.

I think its also unfair to bring Evans into the discussion as he has not featured in our playing squad since his move to Wigan in the early part of this last season. As i said, Lundstram would have a decent role to play if he's played correctly. He's a young player and he's clearly improved many aspects of his game.

I don't think that we need to worry about building a midfield around him as thats never going to happen whilst we have decent money coming in and the players like Fleck and Norwood.

He hasn't played enough to have made a huge impact. When he has come on he has shored up the midfield with his presence, made some good tackles, not given any stupid balls away and made us harder to beat without being a world beater.

You could say when has Cranie been the difference this season bar the assist v west brom? arnt we all complimenting him on being solid and doing a job when called upon? why is lunny any different hes had the one assist and he's done the job asked of him and done absolutely nothing wrong without setting the world alight.

I thought Crainie was excellent whenever he played and noticed his presence and contributions whenever he was playing.
With respect Lundstram on the other hand..........

The stats which i have seen are not just sideways passes.

I think its also unfair to bring Evans into the discussion as he has not featured in our playing squad since his move to Wigan in the early part of this last season. As i said, Lundstram would have a decent role to play if he's played correctly. He's a young player and he's clearly improved many aspects of his game.

I don't think that we need to worry about building a midfield around him as thats never going to happen whilst we have decent money coming in and the players like Fleck and Norwood.

Fair points. I just think Tufty's evolution of the side over the past 18 months has seen him focus more and more on 'horses for courses' type players as well as upgrades - so assume he sees a role for Lundstram - probably that closer role we mentioned. In tight games against the likes of Brighton, Burnley, Norwich etc will be where we need him - not Citeh or Liverpool Away!

I actually think there is a good player in there. He seems to me to be more athletic than any of our other players.

Anyway John if you read this forum take no notice of the opinions on here most couldn't spot a good player if one came up and kicked them in the balls.
They all slagged Bash off when he first arrived.

If we see him at all I suspect it will be last 10 minutes if we are trying to shore up midfield to keep a tight lead.

If he’s starting games then the transfer window won’t have gone well

I am still not sure what type of midfielder he is supposed to be.

He is one of the few signings Wilder has made that hasn’t succeeded but has managed to avoid the end of year cull.

Fingers crossed what ever had been seen in training can be replicated on the pitch in the PL. If not stop taking up a wage.

I don't know, we tend to think of these players as not good enough for the PL but you have only got to think of players like Francis at Bournemouth, didn't rate him much when he was with us but has had a solid career with the Cherries in the top division.

I like Lundstram. There’s definitely a decent player in there.

Saw some comments saying we should’ve kept Coutts over him which I disagreed with and I’m glad Wilder thought the same.
He didn’t think the same, Coutts turned the offer down for first team football

He was barely any good in the championship, why do people think he’s going to turn into prime Xavi in the Prem?

And don’t give me the ‘more time on the ball’ bollocks because it’s just that. Bollocks.

I have a feeling we will see a lot more of JL next season. He is looking fit and strong which we will definitely need. Despite what a lot think, he can play a bit too.

Needs to buck up. Here’s hoping

I actually think there is a good player in there. He seems to me to be more athletic than any of our other players.

Anyway John if you read this forum take no notice of the opinions on here most couldn't spot a good player if one came up and kicked them in the balls.
They all slagged Bash off when he first arrived.

Might as well shut the forum down. Opinions aren't welcome.
Oh and Lundstram tried kicking a cows arse.
He missed.

I thought Crainie was excellent whenever he played and noticed his presence and contributions whenever he was playing.
With respect Lundstram on the other hand..........

........yes?

He didn’t think the same, Coutts turned the offer down for first team football

Didn’t know there had been a contract offered to Coutts to be honest.

Either way, Lundstram hasn’t been transfer listed like others under contract deemed not good enough, so I think that suggests Wilder wants him around.

Didn’t know there had been a contract offered to Coutts to be honest.

Either way, Lundstram hasn’t been transfer listed like others under contract deemed not good enough, so I think that suggests Wilder wants him around.
I think he knows he’s got enough to buy without another cover centre mid to worry about. For what it’s worth I think Lundstram is very 2 footed and capable of popping up with the odd goal but just cannot see how he’s good enough for this division in any way. We shall see.

I like Lundstram. There’s definitely a decent player in there.

Saw some comments saying we should’ve kept Coutts over him which I disagreed with and I’m glad Wilder thought the same.
More the point of coutts wanting regular game time 30 games a season, which wilder couldn't promise (his own words). I'm sure if coutts was happy to pick up splinters like lundstrum then we would seen him retained.

Back
Top Bottom